Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

When Tracy met Wayne

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
member34258 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be the only one.
Anyone else having problems?
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:52 am

No luck this end. C'mon Mike, lets see the beast!
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:00 pm

It worked fine for me, very nice car
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:17 pm

member34258 wrote:
I may be the only one.
Anyone else having problems?

Are you behind a Firewall

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:31 pm

It's actually a bike Eddie

I can't find a problem with it, so I'll just give up and take a photo I reckon.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:32 pm

I was referring to the car there last night when I looked
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:04 pm

nice old bikes in the barn Mike. Whens the last time you started the ol' girls?
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:32 pm

My apologies Eddie, you're too quick for me - I didn't think it was working last night. The car belongs to Deb - I'll pass on the kind words.

The GSX-R and I spent a week in Vic last month skaman. Three days at Phillip Island and and the rest of the week touring the high country - fantastic! and the beemer (on the hoist) is my daily transport... well it would be if I was out every day. My office is in the top of the barn, above the bikes, so I only need to get out when boredom strikes. It's a hard life.
member34258 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:17 pm

Bum, still not working.
Must just be me.
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:26 pm

I thought that was a beemer Mike. I didn't have a very good stream, so couldn't make them out too good, though thought one looked like a beemer.

I had a sit on a gixxer yesterday, the one I sat on was a bit tall for me, which is odd with my long legs. It wasn't too bad, but just that tiny bit too high, and I'd hate to think I'd drop it. I'm going to a kwaka demo day saturday, will see what they have to offer. I'd love the ninja, but ya just don't know till you sit on them.

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:25 pm

I don't reckon it was the stream madness, I reckon it was my shitty $50 cameras, so well picked.

The gixxer is a tall bike - my gixxer is much taller than the beemer, but its 60kg lighter. It weighs 163kg and produces 148hp, and the beemer weighs 220kg and produces 70hp, and it's a joy to ride. I love the beemer it's an incredibly comfortable tourer with big long legs, but when I get off the Suzuki my face hurts... from smiling.
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:35 am

Fruit! My ZZR weighs 238kg dry. No wonder I got a hernia and torn calf muscle lifting it back up, after a...ahem...slight indesgression. Its amazing how strong one becomes when their pride and joy is concerned.

163kg and 148 bhp Mike, thats a flyer mate! Hard to keep the lid on?

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:40 am

skaman wrote:
163kg and 148 bhp Mike, thats a flyer mate! Hard to keep the lid on?

It's harder to keep myself under control than the bike. It's quite compliant around town despite the fact that it's running race electronics, fuel mapping and exhaust. Stock power output is 129hp so we've lifted it a bit. It's really a track bike and that's where I normally let the adrenalin go.

0 - 100 in 2.5 seconds, standing qtr in 9.2 - to get that sort of performance on 4 wheels you'd have to pay a couple of million dollars for an F40 or a McLaren F1 and you still wouldn't be there. Those figures are what the bike is capable of... not what I'm capable of (I thought I should clarify that).

The GSX-R750 is the bike that changed superbike racing forever. No one could compete with it so they had to re-invent the formula - a bit like GTRs at Bathurst. For those who are interested here's a good short description.

I also ride a Blackbird which I don't own, but which boards here when my nautical mate is at sea. That would be much more like the ZZR. Huge power that goes right from idle to 300kph - it's about the same weight too. It's a wonderful thing to ride, and doesn't have the screaming madness of the Suzuki, it's much more refined - a fantastic sports tourer.

I couldn't pick a favourite, depends on the day, I just love bikes (you might be able to tell). Even my step-daughter's 250 gets put to good use if she makes the mistake of leaving it here.

Apologies for the rant - I obviously need to stop talking about it and get out and go for a ride.
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:59 am

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh the blackbird is HOT. When I lived up the country as a teen, my friend had a black honda 1100, though I don't know if they were called blackbirds in the 80's too? I didn't know enough about them, all I know is i was on the back of it doing 196 (that was the only time i looked) and I was shitting but excited at the same time. I told him not to go too fast with me on, so "apparently" he didn't. lol

When I upgrade, (when I get enough cash of course) I want to go to a 750 something. The others are just too big if you have...as ska put it, an indiscretion. I'd never pick one up. I doubt i'd pick the 250 up.

From all reports they say the beemer is the most comfortable of bikes to ride, and they are pretty quiet too. They always remind me of CHIPS, as they all look like cop bikes. In melbourne, they ARE cop bikes. lol

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:56 pm

The blackbird (Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird to give it its full title) was introduced in 1997 as the fastest production motorcycle ever built, capable of 315 kph. It took the title from the Kawasaki ZZR1100 (skaman's bike) and gave it up, in 1999 to the Suzuki Hayabusa (named after a Japanese falcon that preys on blackbirds) which could do a cool 320.

Top speed became a bit of a moot point after that because manufacturers worldwide agreed to limit the top speeds of their motorcycles to 299 kmh - a move obviously designed to stop us speeding Smile ). However, despite that slight impediment, the manufacturers are still one-upping each other and it is fairly widely believed that the fastest (potentially) production motorcycle of all time is now the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14. Like my gixxer the ZX-14 can also do 0-100 in 2.5 seconds, but the difference is that the gixxer has been modified for the track and the ZX-14 is 50kg heavier and can do it in stock standard form off the showroom floor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: