Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Public Toilet Etiquette

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucksisgod Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:36 pm
Post subject: Public Toilet EtiquetteReply with quote

I had the great pleasure of experiencing Public transport today due to dropping my car in for a service. What a hoot. By the time I got to the station to catch the train I was busting for a leak. I ventured into the first toilet to find two dudes sitting on the floor shooting up, not in a stall but in the open. 8am. Fair enough they can’t be expected to shoot up on the platform, so I retreat, hold it in and get on the train.
My back teeth were floating by the time I reached Parramatta station so I thought Id go to the toilet there, even though by the smell of the train it’s apparently acceptable to urinate whilst onboard. Anyhooo, I walked in there up to the urinal ( deep end of course ) and I look to the left and there’s an old guy sitting on the crapper taking a dump with the door open and no fkn pants on!!! Now if you havent seen a wrinkly grey old ball sack swinging precariously in the murky depth of a public convenience you haven’t been truly disgusted. By the time I finish and am washing my hands he rises, flushes pulls up his jocks and grabs his pants from the back of aforementioned open door and walks toward me pants in hand. I said “Are you right mate?” and he says “Yeah, sorry I didn’t wanna put ‘em on in there, the floor is wet”. WTF is happening to society? Is it acceptable to be “making a splash” with the door open? I’d like to open up the forum of Sherrife’s Tavern and explore rules of Public Toilet Etiquette and horror stories for the good of mankind. Do you have any rules to table or tales to tell?

I have two…..1. If you’re intending a tenure on the throne, PLEASE shut the door
2. Wash your hands ffs.

Thankyou. Smile

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

You should see what goes on in the toilets at my work. I seriously don't know what some people think when they are away from their own homes. I can't even begin to imagine what goes on IN their own homes.

ewwwwwwwwwwwww.. gross.

Thank god i've already eaten tonight

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:56 pm

i was in a public toliet today and amazed at the number of fellas who walked out either just rinsing their hands under the tap, no soap and just walking out or just simply walking out without even going near the basin.

i posted a story that was removed some weeks ago about the hawthorn supporter who just dropped his daks and proceeded to use the urnial at telstra dome.

do they charge for toliets in sydney? i was horrified at the 50c charge when in perth at the central city public toliets. they were awfully run down and in need of repair.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:42 pm

When doing number 1's, I wash my hands first if they're dirty, not after cos I don't piss on my fingers.

As far as the ettiquette goes, you can extend that to change rooms. I posted someting a month or so ago, I went to the local pool to do some laps and they have a change room there. So fair enough, people nude up and shower and change. But one wrinkly old fart was standing there stark naked in front of the (large) mirror having his morning shave. Ewwww. Wanted to burn my eyes out as he leaned forward toward the mirror, legs akimbo.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:58 pm
Post subject: Re: Public Toilet EtiquetteReply with quote

bucksisgod wrote:
I had the great pleasure of experiencing Public transport today due to dropping my car in for a service. What a hoot. By the time I got to the station to catch the train I was busting for a leak. I ventured into the first toilet to find two dudes sitting on the floor shooting up, not in a stall but in the open. 8am. Fair enough they can’t be expected to shoot up on the platform, so I retreat, hold it in and get on the train.
My back teeth were floating by the time I reached Parramatta station so I thought Id go to the toilet there, even though by the smell of the train it’s apparently acceptable to urinate whilst onboard. Anyhooo, I walked in there up to the urinal ( deep end of course ) and I look to the left and there’s an old guy sitting on the crapper taking a dump with the door open and no fkn pants on!!! Now if you havent seen a wrinkly grey old ball sack swinging precariously in the murky depth of a public convenience you haven’t been truly disgusted. By the time I finish and am washing my hands he rises, flushes pulls up his jocks and grabs his pants from the back of aforementioned open door and walks toward me pants in hand. I said “Are you right mate?” and he says “Yeah, sorry I didn’t wanna put ‘em on in there, the floor is wet”. WTF is happening to society? Is it acceptable to be “making a splash” with the door open? I’d like to open up the forum of Sherrife’s Tavern and explore rules of Public Toilet Etiquette and horror stories for the good of mankind. Do you have any rules to table or tales to tell?

I have two…..1. If you’re intending a tenure on the throne, PLEASE shut the door
2. Wash your hands ffs.

Thankyou. Smile

Never had that Problem(even in Frankston) and I never wash my hands Twisted Evil

fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:39 am

A girl at my work got told that when going to the loo, if at all possible you should leave a toilet cubicle empty in between users. First time I had heard of that!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:40 am

I flush The Toilet Every Time I finish I hate when people who don't and just leave there waist there Evil or Very Mad
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:02 am

I'm the same Tess... got a bit of a thing about using a cubicle next to one that's occupied (although obviously you take what you get if there's no choice). I'm not a big one for urinals either, but once again, I'll use them if I have to.

Stui I've had my own occasions when I've had the misfortune of coming across naked old men in changerooms... have they no shame? Surprised

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:35 am

WTF you don't wash your hands????

Even if you wash your hands before you go, you still turn the tap off that someone has probably touched with their piss ridden fingers or worse still the finger that wasn't quite covered with toilet paper after a crap, if you touch anywhere else, such as the button, or the chain on a urinal, then you suffer the same fate. I can't believe that in this day and age people don't wash their hands after going to a public toilet or even at home for that fact. I don't go to extreme lengths in my own home,because i know it is clean, but in a public toilet after finishing up, I try and grab a paper towel, turn on the tap, use soap wash my hands, use the same paper towel to turn the tap off grab some more paper towel and dry my hands and also to use it to push against the door or pull on the door handle, then as soon as i can i dispose of the paper towel. call me paranoid, I don't care, but as long as I know there are people out there like a couple of people on here who don't wash their hands I have to keep the regimen up!

Cheers

noddy, Aries

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:39 am

i'm a washer, but not at the airport these days. i look at all the freaks coming in and out of the dunnies all day at an airport and i just think that i'm 1000 times more likely to catch some evil bug by touching the taps there. so i have a slash and get the hell of there and try and touch as little as possible.
bucksisgod Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:13 am

~Madness~ wrote:
Thank god i've already eaten tonight

lol Maddy. It's low brow subject matter I agree, but it's eminently important for our growth as a society to dissect these matters.....plus, I may have been liquored up and bored Friday night. Smile

Dave the man wrote:
Never had that Problem(even in Frankston) and I never wash my hands

Oh matey, say it ain't so..................
*Note to self* If ever meet the man, do not shake his hand.

Top post Northern Pie. That should be published and circulated as "The Public Toilet Etiquette manifesto" to educate the unwashed that mingle amongst us. Thumbs up to you, fellow germophobe.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:59 am

bucksisgod wrote:

Dave the man wrote:
Never had that Problem(even in Frankston) and I never wash my hands

Oh matey, say it ain't so..................
*Note to self* If ever meet the man, do not shake his hand

All Those if I ever get a Date with a Female I would Wash my Hands Wink

Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:20 pm

Perhaps that's the reason you haven't had a date
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:48 pm

Northern Pie wrote:

Even if you wash your hands before you go, you still turn the tap off that someone has probably touched with their piss ridden fingers or worse still the finger that wasn't quite covered with toilet paper after a crap, if you touch anywhere else, such as the button, or the chain on a urinal, then you suffer the same fate. I can't believe that in this day and age people don't wash their hands after going to a public toilet or even at home for that fact. I don't go to extreme lengths in my own home,because i know it is clean, but in a public toilet after finishing up, I try and grab a paper towel, turn on the tap, use soap wash my hands, use the same paper towel to turn the tap off grab some more paper towel and dry my hands and also to use it to push against the door or pull on the door handle, then as soon as i can i dispose of the paper towel. call me paranoid, I don't care, but as long as I know there are people out there like a couple of people on here who don't wash their hands I have to keep the regimen up!

Cheers

Like I said before, if what I'm grabbing hold of when I do number ones is clean and I don't have dirt or grease on my hands which needs washing off before handling the equipment, why the hell should I want to touch the taps or anything else in a public toilet?

The urinal's are auto flush so no touching buttons required.

I usually don't take a dump in public toilets, I'm fairly regular in that that happens at home, but if I do have to then the soap and water comes into play.

EBB 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:01 pm

Northern Pie wrote:

Cheers

Ok, you're paranoid!

Northern Pie, when in public, do you wash your hands after the exchange of
-money
-shaking hands
-handling goods
-eating food
-opening doors
-holding a glass/cup/mug
-touching women/man
-purchasing soap/toilet paper Razz
-etc

Nothern Pie, after you visit a public toilet, do you also sterilize your shoes. Accordingly to your theory, then there should be a million more germs on the floor of the toilet. Do you take these germs home in consideration for "whom" may come into contact with these germs. (are they ill)

..I can't "believe" people in this day and age are easily mis-lead, then don't bother to think out side the bubble they live -in. Rolling Eyes

I too don't wash my hands unless I feel it's necessary. (I'm rarely ill)

We let (or should encourage) babies to roll around on the floor, putting germs into their mouth. They do have a strong immune system and it's still developing/learning. (other wise, what's the point of having an immune system).

If you wrap something up in cotton wool for long enough, soon it will be exposed for it's fragility.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: