Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Career Choice - Need help!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Another point is, don't be afraid to change your mind. Find something you are interested in and that you enjoy doing and are hopefully good at and see where it takes you.

Lots of people change careers completely over years after starting one thing and finding something else they're good at.

spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:23 pm

There is a lot of money to be made in Web Development if done properly.

The majority of people out there are not happy with their web sites because Web Developers are not particularly customer oriented. The reality is that the majority can only think about codes rather than what the customer actually wants.

If you can combine superior customer service with the skills to build a web site, I am sure that you could make a killing. And it aint always about building the cheapest web site, but more about listening and being flexible about what the customer wants.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:28 pm

spoljar wrote:

The majority of people out there are not happy with their web sites because Web Developers are not particularly customer oriented. The reality is that the majority can only think about codes rather than what the customer actually wants.

If you can combine superior customer service with the skills to build a web site, I am sure that you could make a killing. And it aint always about building the cheapest web site, but more about listening and being flexible about what the customer wants.

Been Told that Quite a Few Times in my Course

medders#7 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:20 pm

spoljar wrote:

Nice. Im interested in the Multimedia.
Its Multimedia Cert 2 job outcomes are
Employment may be found in the areas of multimedia design, web design, new media arts, 2D animation, visual art studio practice and the screen arts industries. Graduates are also eligible to apply for the Certificate IV in Multimedia (Design) offered at the Prahran and Lilydale campuses.
so then it goes into cert 4.

The thing about all these im not sure if you need to be a Good HAND Drawer. or you do it all on the computer cos im a bad hand drawer!!.
Mayb i can look into the Web Design part of it??

Im not sure about the Cert 2 in IT yet though. Because im liking the web site design and the 2d animation.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:29 pm

Plenty of jobs in the finance industry if that is your thing.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:40 pm

Joel wrote:
Plenty of jobs in the finance industry if that is your thing.

Well I couldn't do that because I am crap at Maths

medders#7 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:18 pm

Also is there good money in any of these

Assistant Webmaster, Multimedia Author, Multimedia Developer, Multimedia Programmer, Web Applications Developer, Web Designer, Webmaster, Website Co-ordinator
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:31 pm

spoljar wrote:

now that is an old fashioned concept ... actually giving the customer what s/he wants or asks for rather than shoving something down their throat. the cricle is turning. look at the banks who shut up shop and are starting to offer saturday banking. same with tax office etc. my life has been customer service but problem is that organisations want to offer the lowest cost channel to achieve a sale or compliance. i feel a rant coming on .... not here though.

medders#7 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:28 pm

Thanks for all your replies i think the IT industry is for me...i think Razz
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:50 pm

just remember that if you think you have made a wrong decision you can just make another one.
medders#7 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:03 pm

Do you mean if i make a wrong decision i can always make a new fresh decision...or if ive made a wrong one i can make another wrong decision just like that.?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:40 pm

medders#7 wrote:
Do you mean if i make a wrong decision i can always make a new fresh decision...or if ive made a wrong one i can make another wrong decision just like that.?

You can make more than 1 Bad Descion

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:01 am

Dave The Man wrote:
medders#7 wrote:

yeah i thought about that after i posted but was too lazy to edit. lol. you can always make a new decision. so long as 3 out of 4 decisions you make are the correct ones then you should be ok. don't worry about making a mistake, you'd never learn otherwise.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:45 am

You are 20, travel overseas. Head to the UK and do some work there. Get some expierence of life into you. At 20 who the hell knows what they want to do. You can always go back to further your education down the track.
spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:32 am

Dave The Man wrote:
medders#7 wrote:

The trouble with making bad decisions over and over again, is that it means that you have learnt nothing from making your first bad decision. Therefore it becomes habit.

And I dont subscribe to the theory that its just bad luck. I believe you make you own luck through the disciplines and structures you have throughout your entire life.

Just something for you to think about Mate! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: