Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Anti-depresents

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:06 pm
Post subject: Anti-depresentsReply with quote

I've been thinking that maybe all this counselling isn't really working, and I have been considering going onto medication..so what I really want to know is how many of them have side effects? Probably not a question to post on here, but I am actually worried about taking them...

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

surely that is a question only your doctor can answer.
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:09 pm

It is, but I am cutting out the middle man. Wink I have to goto the hospital next week so I will just ask them. Wink

member34258 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:22 pm

I would ask Ben Cousins.
He would just about be a qualified pharmacist by now.
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:53 pm

Proto

the way drugs are these days, they are so switched on with what they give you. Side effects which are common are dry mouth and perhaps a bit of an increase in body temperature... but the dry throat mainly.

I was on these after a critical incident I had a few years ago, I swear by them but hated coming off them (make sure you do that strictly by doctors orders)

The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:57 pm

I have an odd fear with taking medication, well strong medication at least, my uncle was taking medication and he ended up dying..and it really scares me...it's probably stupid..

There has been a lot going on lately, and I think this could be the only way to help me deal with it all. And I don't think listening to counceller has been helping as much as I had wanted it to.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:05 pm

Apart from specific side effects, the thing to watch out for is different personalities cope with things like that in different ways. They can potentially be addictive.

I was put on them once years ago. I lasted 2 days, threw the rest in the bin along with the prescription. When I was taking them, I felt like I was coocooned in some happy bubble where the normal emotional roller coaster was flattened out into little ups and downs. Then they wear off and you can feel again and that's bad so you take another one.

Pass. never go there again. I had some shit happen 12 months ago and more than 1 doctor suggested anti depressents and I told them all to use them for suppositories, I'd sort things out myself. Nearly there.

Every person is different. Get good advice from a doctor who knows you and your history, but be careful. they don't cure the problem, just mask the symptoms.

Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:17 pm

Libido (or lack of) is one side effect.
Sweating in some people is another

However, there are so many different types that eventually your doctor will find one that suits you, which will have minimal or, no side effects at all.
Modern Serotonin (SSRI) drugs are brilliant and work in 95% of people with depression.
Get on them as soon as you can, they work

Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:18 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Apart from specific side effects, the thing to watch out for is different personalities cope with things like that in different ways. They can potentially be addictive.

I was put on them once years ago. I lasted 2 days, threw the rest in the bin along with the prescription. When I was taking them, I felt like I was coocooned in some happy bubble where the normal emotional roller coaster was flattened out into little ups and downs. Then they wear off and you can feel again and that's bad so you take another one.

Pass. never go there again. I had some shit happen 12 months ago and more than 1 doctor suggested anti depressents and I told them all to use them for suppositories, I'd sort things out myself. Nearly there.

Every person is different. Get good advice from a doctor who knows you and your history, but be careful. they don't cure the problem, just mask the symptoms.

They take between 7 to 14 days before they start to work properly

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:33 pm

Exactly Frank

The drugs these days are so up with it. I got the hotted up body temperature. It really used to pee me off.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:49 pm

Frank Stone wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

They take between 7 to 14 days before they start to work properly

In each case, my situations were event triggered. While i was in happy land, I wasn't facing what I needed to face to work thru it.

I'm sure, seriously, that there are some good meds out there for people who are in a situation where they can help, and I'd never criticise someone else for using something (prescribed) that increases their quality of life. I guess they're just not for me.

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:57 pm

Here is a page full of info I found on Google.....

http://www.clinical-depression.co.uk/Treating_Depression/side_effects.htm

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:00 pm
Post subject: Re: Anti-depresentsReply with quote

The Prototype wrote:
I've been thinking that maybe all this counselling isn't really working, and I have been considering going onto medication..so what I really want to know is how many of them have side effects? Probably not a question to post on here, but I am actually worried about taking them...

Dave, you have to speak to your doctor. Only they can tell you what you need to know. When they give you the name of a medication then google it and only read reputable sites for the side effects.

Everyone is different and therefore every medication is different.

I have advised you before about the link between depression and diabetes. Check out the diabetes australia site for more info.

The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:07 pm

Yeah I am going to get it all fixed up, and I am going to get myself better I don't like feeling the way I do, though it may take away some of the better qualities I have. Wink

The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:12 pm

CrazyAboutDaisy wrote:
Dave,all I'm saying is DON'T take Lexapro!Those things puck you up hard!

I will write that one down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: