Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Election

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:07 pm
Post subject: Re: did your preferred party winReply with quote

EBB wrote:
Northern Pie wrote:

I met with every candidate before the election and spoke to each one of them about what their personal vision was for the area I live in, I asked them to put aside their "Party Line" BSCheers

Ha ha ha, ethical negotiations will get you where? They want your vote and will feed you a dream. <insert.homer.simpson.hysterical.laugh> Smile

Hmmmmm let's have a look at how well the dream got fed shall we....

when asked why i should vote for them:

One Nation - "Because Pauline has it all right"
Democrat - "I am going for 10 cent a litre lower fuel
Greens: "Because we will ensure Labor are given a mandate for change"
Family First - "Because I feel god has me where he wants me and he will have his work done" (yes seriously)
National: "Because I am committed to improving health, especially in Kingaroy and I will be pushing for more funding to help the drought affected areas in my electorate"
Labor: "Because Howard is a C*nt"

Yeah they sure knew how to feed my dream EEB. I made a choice dependent on what responses I got, if the Labor representative said the same I would have voted for him. The homer style laugh you quote should be directed at yourself as one who is so jaded by by political bias towards one particular party that you will probably be saying "yeah I agree with Rudd when he said this is the 10th Interest rate rise we had to have!"

BAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

EBB 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

My GAWD! The conversation I had yesterday with a women who works @ Y.E.S (your employment solutions). She claims that regardless of last nights result that; soon, those who hit the unemployment line will have only 3months of pleasure payments, then, if you want more 'moneyfornothing' you have to work for it. Work for the dole.

I shouldn't assume so I'll just predict;

A recession is coming, I've said it many times this year, it will be loads more severe than 1991.

1000's will soon be for working for the dole, is this slavery? slavery = Freedom?

EBB 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:19 pm

Northern Pie wrote:
The homer style laugh you quote should be directed at yourself as one who is so jaded by by political bias towards one particular party that you will probably be saying "yeah I agree with Rudd when he said this is the 10th Interest rate rise we had to have!"

BAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Fools! Fools! All Fools! I didn't vote, so, says alot about me. Rolling Eyes

..and why did you waste your time with all the 'vote for me' wankers? That is ofcourse that your time was wasted.

member34258 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:25 pm

EBB wrote:

I didn't vote,

Well, that s good to know.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:28 pm

I've been waiting for you.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:30 pm

PeterWH wrote:
I've have actually got many of those stickers here at home with me.Would you like a couple to stick on your motor vehicle or on your fridge at home.....

Hey Northern Pie no need to get personnal...I have no idea where you reside and as far as I am concerned the local yokel isnt woth peeing on anyway.Also our seat was redistributed uder the AEC,we also lost out sitting member to cancer,so we basicaly started from scratch.Our candidates were Independant,Nationals,Country Labor,Greens & Citizens Electral Council and only one visited our town and he was revoted back in.You see the seat of Calare is the biggest in NSW and there is alot of country to cover.One of the main bugbears that we have out here is that the NextG dosent work properly,that the CDMA should continue and even though many of the Nationals lost their seats unfortunately many people still have their 'blinkers' on and stick with the incumbent.As far as the CDMA is concerned there is NO firm commitment that now that the ALP is in power that the CDMA will close on January 28/2008 I suggest that you 'watch this space'The Next G is useless out here and only Vodafone & CDMA works properly so we shall see what happens.
I also voted with who I felt would do a better job BUT that wasnt the case with many people on this BIG vast electorate,so I suggest that you keep your comments to yourself.
Any way lets see what happens.

As a sugestion Peter, if you haven't already, try this link.

http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile/networks/coverage/maps.cfm

There is a facility to report broken coverage areas.

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:31 pm

EBB wrote:
Northern Pie wrote:
The homer style laugh you quote should be directed at yourself as one who is so jaded by by political bias towards one particular party that you will probably be saying "yeah I agree with Rudd when he said this is the 10th Interest rate rise we had to have!"

BAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

..and why did you waste your time with all the 'vote for me' wankers? That is of course that your time was wasted.

I don't see it as time wasted, I just wanted to know that my vote was going to go to the person that could tell me what his vision was, clearly and without as much party BS as possible....(mind you I had to stop a couple of them when they started talking party line crap) I feel that I made an informed decision, and I will stand by that. I respect your decision not to vote, it is entirely up to you but to call me dumb etc etc just because I decided to exercise my right to make a decision is taking things a bit far....and I must be pretty dumb because am I reading from both Frank and you that the Labor party are going to be controlled by the Unions? excuse my blissful ignorance...

Cheers

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:35 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
The Prototype wrote:
To be honest I haven't heard of half the candidates in the seat of Franklin, none of them apart from Julie Collins did any door knocking around here, saw a bunch of people offering to put in a sign for the other candidates though.

Barresi was the only one I ever saw around this area, met him and Johnny when they were out here a while ago, also saw him around a few times later in the campaign, his people were also out in force the last week or so, only time I saw anything about Symons was the 3000 posters he had up at the polling booth compared to Barresis 1 Laughing Also actually heard some policy offered towards us from Phil and the Libs, nothing from Silent Symons and Rudd

Met the Labor candidate for Casey though, very desperate to hand out her material to me even though I couldnt vote in her area yet

Wow, you met Phil Barresi during the campaign! You mean that in the 11 years that he was the local Member for Deakin, you never met him before.

Enough said really!

Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:37 pm

EBB wrote:

Are you enrolled to vote?

EBB wrote:
..and why did you waste your time with all the 'vote for me' wankers? That is ofcourse that your time was wasted.

I avoided all that crap by voting from the comfort of my home. The beauty of postal voting.

Hooked
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:47 pm

Proud Pies wrote:

Wow, you met Phil Barresi during the campaign! You mean that in the 11 years that he was the local Member for Deakin, you never met him before.

Enough said really!

Wow PP something we agree on, I think you really do have to get out there (if you are going to vote) and get to know the sitting member and the candidates to see what they stand for. The sitting member impressed me the most (as I h ave said a million times) and he happens to be National party, but If i meet a candidate who impresses me with their passion and vision the I would certainly vote for them. That is honestly why I would like to meet the member for Perth, I was very impressed and have been impressed by his political knowledge and vision.

Cheers

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:50 pm

Proud Pies wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
The Prototype wrote:
To be honest I haven't heard of half the candidates in the seat of Franklin, none of them apart from Julie Collins did any door knocking around here, saw a bunch of people offering to put in a sign for the other candidates though.

Barresi was the only one I ever saw around this area, met him and Johnny when they were out here a while ago, also saw him around a few times later in the campaign, his people were also out in force the last week or so, only time I saw anything about Symons was the 3000 posters he had up at the polling booth compared to Barresis 1 Laughing Also actually heard some policy offered towards us from Phil and the Libs, nothing from Silent Symons and Rudd

Met the Labor candidate for Casey though, very desperate to hand out her material to me even though I couldnt vote in her area yet

Enough said really!

Not that I can remember, but this was the first federal election I have cared about since eligible to vote, met our local state member a couple of times before he retired, such a shame he was a superb member

Atleast I met the PM, doubt I will see the new one at all, Labor have never cared about the eastern suburbs of Melbourne at State or Federal level

Last edited by eddiesmith on Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
EBB 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:51 pm

Northern Pie wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:

Enough said really!

Wow PP something we agree on, I think you really do have to get out there (if you are going to vote) and get to know the sitting member and the candidates to see what they stand for. The sitting member impressed me the most (as I h ave said a million times) and he happens to be National party, but If i meet a candidate who impresses me with their passion and vision the I would certainly vote for them. That is honestly why I would like to meet the member for Perth, I was very impressed and have been impressed by his political knowledge and vision.

Cheers

There's that ethical negotiation. Hey NP, do you also research what they have actually done?

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:56 pm

Yes EBB I do, although I do admit I have never done so for the Smith as he has never been a member for my local area, I just get a feeling from the way that he conducts himself that he would be a pretty up front, tell it like it is type person...if I met him and that proved to not be the case then so be it...sorry if I have offended you by constructing an opinion with an actual result EBB....

Cheers

EBB 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:00 pm

Northern Pie wrote:
...sorry if I have offended you by constructing an opinion with an actual result EBB....
cheers

sweet! But did you waste your time doing so????

edit: did you waste your time researching / meeting with the candidates???

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:01 pm

No I feel that I haven't wasted my time at all....

Cheers

Last edited by Northern Pie on Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 53 of 55   

Jump to: