Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Election

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Stone wrote:
Joel wrote:
Naivity? Errr, no.

I just gave you an example above if you bothered to read. I've also got an example from a relative, where a union tried to intimidate them into retaining a worker who was slack, didn't turn up to work (I could go on) - if he had've given into it what do you think keeping that employee would have done to the business? It would have driven him to the wall. There is no way he could have afforded to keep the bloke on - he'd lose money by doing so.

So the business went to the wall then Joel?

Still hoping you will give me some examples

I thought you asked the question
Quote:
Why would Unions want to send businesses to the wall?

So intent doesn't count?

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:46 pm

<edit>

why even bother.....

Cheers

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:46 pm

I've have actually got many of those stickers here at home with me.Would you like a couple to stick on your motor vehicle or on your fridge at home.....

Hey Northern Pie no need to get personnal...I have no idea where you reside and as far as I am concerned the local yokel isnt woth peeing on anyway.Also our seat was redistributed uder the AEC,we also lost out sitting member to cancer,so we basicaly started from scratch.Our candidates were Independant,Nationals,Country Labor,Greens & Citizens Electral Council and only one visited our town and he was revoted back in.You see the seat of Calare is the biggest in NSW and there is alot of country to cover.One of the main bugbears that we have out here is that the NextG dosent work properly,that the CDMA should continue and even though many of the Nationals lost their seats unfortunately many people still have their 'blinkers' on and stick with the incumbent.As far as the CDMA is concerned there is NO firm commitment that now that the ALP is in power that the CDMA will close on January 28/2008 I suggest that you 'watch this space'The Next G is useless out here and only Vodafone & CDMA works properly so we shall see what happens.
I also voted with who I felt would do a better job BUT that wasnt the case with many people on this BIG vast electorate,so I suggest that you keep your comments to yourself.
Any way lets see what happens.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:47 pm

Would you like to have an idea?
HAL 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:50 pm

Northern Pie wrote:
<edit>

why even bother.....

Cheers
Try saying that with more or less context.
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:23 pm

Crazy about daisy.I can understand what you are saying,BUt its unfortunate that is some areas of aiustralia the NextG network is fine,BUT in areas like out here its useless.
As far as Optus is concerned well they dont function out here,neither does telstra digital.The only carriers out here are vodafone and CDMA and NextG when it works......
Unfortunately all companies have got their different speils to abide by BUT again 1/2 of them have no ideas what its like out in rural Australia,BUT saying that well its again up to the individual anyway.This is one of the contentious debates out here in country NSW that no one in the last government was interested in trying to achieve,so lets see what happens with the rudd government.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:31 pm

To be honest I haven't heard of half the candidates in the seat of Franklin, none of them apart from Julie Collins did any door knocking around here, saw a bunch of people offering to put in a sign for the other candidates though.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:39 pm

The Prototype wrote:
To be honest I haven't heard of half the candidates in the seat of Franklin, none of them apart from Julie Collins did any door knocking around here, saw a bunch of people offering to put in a sign for the other candidates though.

Barresi was the only one I ever saw around this area, met him and Johnny when they were out here a while ago, also saw him around a few times later in the campaign, his people were also out in force the last week or so, only time I saw anything about Symons was the 3000 posters he had up at the polling booth compared to Barresis 1 Laughing Also actually heard some policy offered towards us from Phil and the Libs, nothing from Silent Symons and Rudd

Met the Labor candidate for Casey though, very desperate to hand out her material to me even though I couldnt vote in her area yet

Last edited by eddiesmith on Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:39 pm

Northern Pie wrote:
Hip Hip Hooray for the wonderful Unions, Hip Hip Hooray...from the sounds of these posts you would have thought they were the political party that won government last night not the Labor party. Geez for a group of people who were distanced by the Labor party up until the Acceptance speech you are sure making a lot of noise, they must have known something that Most Australians were brainwashed into not thinking. That there is now a hell of a lot of payback from Rudd coming their way.....

Oh can I assume now that the Union Labor party has won, that blatant avatar advertising will now be done away with?

Cheers

How dumb are you?
That is so funny because you think you are being sarcastic, you don't realise it is the Truth
Ignorance is bliss I guess

Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:42 pm

Northern Pie wrote:
<edit>

why even bother.....

Cheers

You and the other losers on here should start a dummy spitting contest.
I reckon you would be in with a shot at winning it.

"Cry me a river..........."

EBB 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:43 pm

Frank Stone wrote:
Northern Pie wrote:
Hip Hip Hooray for the wonderful Unions, Hip Hip Hooray...from the sounds of these posts you would have thought they were the political party that won government last night not the Labor party. Geez for a group of people who were distanced by the Labor party up until the Acceptance speech you are sure making a lot of noise, they must have known something that Most Australians were brainwashed into not thinking. That there is now a hell of a lot of payback from Rudd coming their way.....

Oh can I assume now that the Union Labor party has won, that blatant avatar advertising will now be done away with?

Cheers

How dumb are you?
That is so funny because you think you are being sarcastic, you don't realise it is the Truth

Yep, was thinking the same, so that's 2 who are laughing...now where is member to top it off?

HAL 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:43 pm

Frank Stone wrote:
[quote="Northern Pie"]Hip Hip Hooray for the wonderful Unions, Hip Hip Hooray...[b][u]from the sounds of these posts you would have thought they were the political party that won government last night not the Labor party.[/u] [/b]Geez for a group of people who were distanced by the Labor party up until the Acceptance speech you are sure making a lot of noise, they must have known something that Most Australians were brainwashed into not thinking. That there is now a hell of a lot of payback from Rudd coming their way.....

Cheers[/quote]

How dumb are you?
Not many people express themselves that way.
Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:45 pm

EBB wrote:
Frank Stone wrote:
Northern Pie wrote:

Cheers

How dumb are you?

Yep, was thinking the same, so that's 2 who are laughing...now where is member to top it off?

Hey I understood your post, I think I must be learning to talk EBB speak

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:49 pm

Frank Stone wrote:
Northern Pie wrote:
<edit>

why even bother.....

Cheers

You and the other losers on here should start a dummy spitting contest.
I reckon you would be in with a shot at winning it.

"Cry me a river..........."

How dumb am I? I guess only a man of your self appointed supreme intelligence is the only one that can judge that....

What exactly makes me a loser, I have declared and maintain that I have no political persuasion to any party or movement and that remains a fact today. I may be considered dumb by you by stating the blatantly obvious but I am certainly not a sheep so bleet on, Frank, bleet on!

Besides, how dumb are you? the post you have quoted in this instance was in reference to me not bothering to reply to PP because it is and has been in vain before, I bit and bit back and am not feeling that good about it atm....so until you know what you are talking about I suggest you stop with the assumptions.....

Cheers

EBB 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:53 pm
Post subject: did your preferred party winReply with quote

Northern Pie wrote:

I met with every candidate before the election and spoke to each one of them about what their personal vision was for the area I live in, I asked them to put aside their "Party Line" BSCheers

Ha ha ha, ethical negotiations will get you where? They want your vote and will feed you a dream. <insert.homer.simpson.hysterical.laugh> Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 52 of 55   

Jump to: