Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Could this be..................Depth?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 6:42 am
Post subject: Could this be..................Depth?Reply with quote

With the likely return of O'Bree this week, I am starting to worry that Didak will become the scapegoat. I will feel for Didak if he is dropped, as he hardly got any game time to put in a bad game, which would naturally be a reason for an omission. The only other options for omission for O'Bree to come in, that I can think of would be Scotland or possibly Broadie. Obviously O'Bree is going to take the place of a midfielder, not a defender/forward player. Scotland is another who is used quite sparingly and could be the other option along with Didak. Broadie could be another but somehow I don't think he will go. Which brings me to my question of depth. What about when we regain Taz up forward, Richo in defense and Molloy? Without question, for us to retain the aforementioned players will benefit us immensely, but who goes out for those to come in? Makes it a hell of a headache for the selection committe doesn't it? Especially if our form of late can keep up. It is fantastic to finally be in a position where we do have some great up and coming quality players to fill the holes should we cop some injuries. Just curious on your thoughts?

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 8:50 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Mick,
don't treat Didak like sh*t and make him the scapegoat. Didak is one of those players that if he left the club because he was unhappy with gametime or too much time in the 2nds, he would go on to be another Buckley,Voss,McLeod with some scummy club.(probably Port)

He was fantastic aginist the Hawks. Great tackler, fast hands to handball to running teammates and pinpoint disposal.

For this week:
IN: O'Bree
OUT: Scotland or Freeborn (can't make up my mind)

KILL FOR COLLINGWOOD

[This message has been edited by NICK THE PIE MAN (edited 28 April 2002).]
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 8:54 am

freeborn will be stiff to miss out after his stellar game against the bombers.

didak or scotland might make way.

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
paulie 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 9:13 am

It is great that we finally get to bring up a subject like this.I think O'bree might beefit from one more game in the two's just to make sure he is 100%.Normally in the past we have had to rush players back only to see them reinjure themselves.But on the other hand it would be very hard to leave out a player of O'Brees ability if he is 100%.I would think Scotland would be the unlucky one this week.

Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 9:41 am

O'Bree is not a certainty at this stage. Will know early in the week how he pulled up after Saturday's run, but until then, we all just have to wait and see.

You are only as good as your last game, and maybe Didak might get the nod to be dropped. But remember, he is only 19 yo, and has many years of good football ahead of him. Remember back when Essendon had all those kids running around in the two's, who are now regularly selected in the firsts.

Didak will be given plenty of opportunity to prove himself, but for a club to be successful, it needs player depth.

Speaking of Richo and Molloy, they first have to get fit, then prove their fitness before they can even think about being selected. They are at least 3-4 weeks away yet. Taz, however, has another weeks holiday and should be a given for reinstatement, raising this same subject yet again.

"Racetracks are for racing, roads are for getting there."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: