Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

It's Over for me

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 11:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, last night was a huge dissapointment, but I don't know what to say. Seriously it looks like the team is underdone and undertrained. Skills seemed to have dropped to a lower level, and the decision making is attrocous (sp?). Yet having said that, I really think Carlton gave it a red hot go last night but only won by 20 points (but that could be attributed to the fact that it was wet), however, without Cummings and Tarrant we were flat up forward. It seemed like no one really wanted to have a go.

I can only hope this is a not an idication of the season to come. Come on Collingwood, you lot a darn lot better than the way you are playing at the moment. I mean look at Melbourne, those guys are playing above themselves at the moment...perhaps they won't be able to keep it up all year but atleast they are giving it a go. COME ON PIES...WORK HARDER!!!!

JDF
Rosewall Woman 3 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 11:29 am

Magpie.girl, are you sure you are not Rohan Coventry Tateson in drag!!!! It sounds so like him. Maybe you should get together and give it to Judkins, Balme, Malthouse etc and then, change teams to someone who wants this grief!! Outta here!!

molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 11:39 am

So what if she wants to jump off the magpies, I know for sure that I'll be sticking with them thru it all.

Shouldn't be to critical of people who want to jump off. Even the most die hard magpie supporter would question the players etc last night. The only thing I have to say is even tho the skills etc were lacking they only got beaten by a couple of goals, wasn't like a thrashing.

I have a question: what is going on with the fitness people at the club?????? Every match a player goes down with a Hammie or something else. I am not giving this as an excuse.

Jarrod Molloy RULES!!!!
*2002 Joint V.C*

[This message has been edited by molloymagic (edited 13 April 2002).]
GeorgeQ 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 12:03 pm

People please note that the person proposing giving up is not Magpie.Girl but her partner Legga.

We all get frustrated by many things in life and football seems to be the thing that depresses me the most these days. Supporting Collingwood has its share of ups and downs, more downs in the last 12 years. At half time in my lounge room I unleashed a spray against players who pass directly to opponents, players who cannot get a kick, coaches who fail to get through to players, the lack of a key backman and ruckman, team selection; anything to vent my frustration that we were not playing well and seemed to be handing the game to Carlton.

Like many others I'm not going anywhere, even if we finish 12-16 which many on this and other sites feel is likely. This only add to the joy we will all experience when the tide finally turns and believe me the whole Collingwood Football Club is heading in the right direction. We are just going a bit side ways at the moment.

Legga don't give up, have a think about it and a rest for a few weeks. Perhaps you cannot handle any more pain at the moment, I can understand that sometimes things get too much, especially following Collingwood.

We all feel let down and betrayed at the moment, I reckon the players will feel shithouse as well.

molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 5:08 pm

I apologize for thinking it was Magpie.gal.

Jarrod Molloy RULES!!!!
*2002 Joint V.C*
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 5:39 pm

WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS!!!! In 1970 I sat at the G as a young girl devasted by the 2nd half. In 1977 I wasn't sure what to think in week one - in week 2 devastated again. In 79 - by god that ball was out of bounds!! in 80 well it was too much too bear - especially when married to a Richmond player ( home to sulk - end of marriage!) in 81 it continued. In 1990 but - a joy I have never experienced before(and it WILL come again in Buck's time I pray!)Yes Friday night was dissapointing but on the cards - the situation, the weather, the bloody hamstrings!! I don't care - yes I am disappointed - BUT I WOULD RATHER BE A DISSAPOINTED MAGPIE THAN ANY OTHER WINNING OR LOSING SUPPORTER! Keep the faith people this a a family not a past time!!!!!
P.S I apologise for my spelling I have just done a 14 hour shift in ICU!!!

Hiya-and-Higher 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 8:32 pm

Every week 8 clubs feel like dunces.
When you lose you nearly always look bad.
I've seen Sydney and Melbourne and Essendon look bad already this weekend.
Most clubs have a dozen old stagers...core players who have been around for years...who know what to do - because they've learned what to do from years of playing at the top level.
We only have a couple...the rest are young and still budding, 'not yet' champions.
You stuff up, and next time you try not to stuff up, but you got to make the mistake first to learn what not to do.
The more experience you have the less pressure you feel, the more time you have to make the right decision.
It's like test cricket.
Very few top first grade cricketers are an instant success at test level.
They're in and out and one day after playing for awhile, we 'suddenly' seem to have a star...but he has been honing the skills to handle pressure.
Can we the supporters handle a bit of pressure????
If we can't then we have no call to criticise.
The youngsters have to be given a chance to stuff up.
They'll get better, don't you worry.
We have given away too many players who we gave a grounding to and now they have become the 'core' players of other sides.
I have supported Collingwood all my life and the only thing that would ever tempt me to give football away would be the embarrassment of having our boys abused by our own club members.
They can all play.
They can play a helluva lot better than you or me.
So lets be tough!
Through thick or thin, sink or swim, whatever - they're ours!
And you just watch them come through.
Because believe it or not...
They want to as much as me and you.

2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 5:00 am

Well Legga, speaking of spineless and heartless, etc....according to the Membership list of Nick's BB, you are registered as Legga and as Legsy. So why do you choose to pour out your garbage under your wife's name??

No-one should ever forget the fourth word of our Mighty Club's theme song , it is "FOREVER"
PS If the moderators are worried that this may look like a personal attack, I make no apology.

Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 7:03 am

i 4 one am sick of reading this crap on message boards..if you think friday is the best footy we can play then f**k off..yes it is only round 3...when ryan lonie kicks a great goal on the run from outside 50, when leon kicks a miraculous goal, when josh fraser kicks his checkside..when brodie kicks a great snap..when cloke hits the player and the ball hard..when bucks gets another great clearance..when anthony wins a great tap..i dont wanna hear a fu***ing word from u whingers and baggers..and when we start winning, i hope u are NOT here to celebrate! good riddance!

pure magic...
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 5:33 pm

could not have said it better Leonin5=star!

Who loves ya Presti?
WE DO!
CAAS 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 6:38 am

I cant believe some of the crap some people have posted here.

How can anyone call themselves a TRUE SUPPORTER one week and bag the crap out of the coac and players the next?

We all seen the carlton losers on the front page of the sport after their loss last week. Now half of you are acting the same as they do.

Not chanting for a quarter! i was in the Southern stand behind Carltons C.S and we were louder than them. our Social Club was also sitting in front of us and they were joining in our chanting and singing. We sang ALL GAME!!!

Just because we lost a game, even if it is to Carlton is not the end of the season. You never take notice of the 1st 5 rounds as most sides are still putting game plans to work and players are still trying to get match fitness.

The Pies will Fly.

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 7:46 am

hey CAAS, I was sitting in M4 and I can attest that you guys were doing a lot of chanting and singing the carlscum cheersquad were very quiet for most of the game, they only really got into it when the game was in the bag and only then with the uninventive, "carlton (clap clap clap)".

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
CAAS 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 8:28 am

Glad you enjoyed our singing.
We may be out numbered at times but we never give up.
Carltons C.S were lame to say the least and there is NOT 1 good looking women amongst them. i've seen better looking heads at the Lost dogs home. All Carlton supporters have got heads that make arse cracks look good.
Lets all sing together this weekend against the biggest punch of toss bags.
Also, be prepared for a BIG story that may break sooner than expected regarding a Hawks backman. He played on the weekend but will not play this week. (will be sidelined with a fake injury) I wont name him but you'll all find out soon.

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 9:49 am

Sounds like CAAS has been talking to his journo mate from the Herald Scum again.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 8:11 am

Hey MAGPIES.GIRL/Legga, whoever it is.

I bet your regretting your decision at times like these! Stay away from the club! Its workiing!

Since you have left:
Defeated Hawthorn by 41 points.
Defeated Essendon by 33 points.

KILL FOR COLLINGWOOD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: