Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

It's Over for me

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpie.girl 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 3:43 am
Post subject: It's Over for meReply with quote

Well, after last nights spineless, heartles, skilless (is that a word?)effort, I can say, with a heavy heart, that I am going the way of quite a few of my friends, who have supported this club in various forms, and pursue other interests.
I am no longer interested in spending another long cold winter watching the weakest list in the AFL, thanks to the pathetic recruiting methods of Judkins, Blame and Malthouse.
I am no longer interested in watching footballers earn $150,000+ that can't even kick a ball 20 metres to their team mate, or convert from 30 metres out, under no pressure.
I no longer wish to hear the patience, re-building lie that has been spread over the past 7 years, to cover the absolute failures of people who earn HUGE money that cannot achieve a result.
I have said in the past that my opinion of this club is that it is weak in its list and decision making. Last night, that was proven!!
We will once again languish down the bottom of the ladder, trade away our draft choices for duds, or pick up round 1 selections that will never make the grade. We will listen to Eddie build up this club and team, get the hopes of thousands of supporters up, only to watch this club fail again.
Call me whatever you want, but I no longer am interested in listening. One less member and attendance figure as of this weekend.
It's over for me!!
Legga (magpie.girls husband)

Pies R Us

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 3:56 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if your not fair dinkum about supporting the club through thick and thin well don't go then. Just don't come back when things get better.

I sat with a bunch of members last night who abused and insulted their own players. We're very fickle are we at Collingwood. Win and they're heros and lose and they're all of a sudden a joke.

I think I'll join the cheer squad next season. They're proud and they're postive.

Stick with them people. Don't give up, that's not the Collingwood way.

Fradam Wrote This
NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 4:00 am

Fine,
go away then.

But don't you dare comeback when things are looking up, because we don't want you.

KILL FOR COLLINGWOOD
ed healey 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 4:21 am

Well what a load of shit legga is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im not happy and in fact cant even bring myself to watch it on fox this morning,the radio call was bad enough.
But the players do NOT lack passion,they lack skill and leadership.
The directions and game plan of MM are flawed.Every team is going to flood us like mad because MM has no plan to beat it.
For Kinnear to hold up play every time he got the ball until carlton had flooded and in wet weather was just plain ridiculous.
Every junior coach knows that in wet weather you kick it fast and straight down the corridor to the goal square allowing crumbers the chance.
MM plan is to move ball backwards and slowly taking no risks and then turn it over.Its a joke!!!!!!
MM is on $600000 or so and is coaching abominably,the lack of a ruckman was pointed out by everyone on this board last year and no steps were made to rectify it.
Rocca on the bench in 3rd qtr was bad coaching,we needed him badly.Players are playing when they are not fit.
Play them at willy if there not fit,not in the seniors.

Like i say ,to lose to carlton hurts me more than any other loss.
But to have so called supporters toss it in after round 3
well they arent real supporters and good riddance.
Ive barracked for us thru thick and thin for nearly 50 years.
Been disappointed many times.
Bob Roses coaching cost us 4 grand finals,now MMs coaching is costing us members but the board are happy because he is drawing in sponsors.But if he keeps coaching like that the sponsors will drop off too.
Mr President its time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we need on field successs as well as off field!!

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 4:34 am

Posted by Ed Healey:
Bob Roses coaching cost us 4 grand finals.

Hey Ed,
im interested in this statement,
would you elaborate please.

KILL FOR COLLINGWOOD
ed healey 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 4:58 am

If you were around in the 60s you would know what i mean.
In 64,66 and 70 we had the games shot to pieces but the inability of bob rose to make appropriate changes to ensure the win saw us go down in all 3 after being clearly the better side.
just outcoached on the day that matters.
and one other year we went out before the grand final when we were the best side.
In those days everybody who could kick a footy wanted to play for the pies,and of course we were in the finals yearly,but alas the coach just let everyone do what they liked and the result was 4 less flags in the cupboard than we should have had.

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 6:33 am

I know exactly where Legga is coming from. I felt exactly the same way at quarter-time last night after watching the worst quarter of football I've ever seen in my life. I was the closest I've ever been to walking out of a football match.

I went on strike in the second quarter. I refused to chant. Even when we kicked a couple of goals I just sat there blankly. It was a weird feeling ... but I just wasn't interested any more. I just thought, "Football sucks. Why do I bother with this crap?"

Sometime during the half-time break I got converted back to the faith. I don't know what it was. Maybe it was just the memory of those couple of goals we got in the second quarter, watching all my Cheer Squad friends celebrating wildly, while I sat there sulking.

But I made a point of going totally ballistic for the entire second half to make up for my insipid first half. Because there is no doubt that my effort off the field was equally as pathetic as the team's effort on the field.

Last night's game was a very poor advertisement for the game of football, in my opinion. The two worst sides in the AFL. Carlton were absolutely disgraceful. They are in for an abominable season. The only won because they came up against a side that was even more abominable than they were.

But I'm paid up for the season, and I'll cop another year of crap. I'll turn up every week and wreck my voice, because it just wouldn't feel right not to do so. The day will come when we win a game ... No one will expect it to happen ... but out of the blue we'll bring off an upset win over Geelong ... or St.Kilda ... or someone ... And if I'm not there I'll feel like a complete goose.

And you'll feel like a complete goose too, Legga.

But the one redeeming thing about losing a game of footy in round 3 is that there is always round 4. And we've all got a week to get over it. Including you, Legga.

So ... having said all that ... business-as-usual next week. And I'll see you all at the footy next week ... and that includes YOU, Legga.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 6:47 am

good stuff Alf. you did a great job in the second half. i was very quiet during the last quarter. could barely bring myself to chant.

but hey, the third quarter was pretty fun. one day i want us to have a huge win while the cheer squad's sitting in the bottom level of the ponsford. i reckon we could all make some serious noise down there, given we're surrounded by crazy maggie fans. it'd be like a bloody party.

i've still got high hopes for the rest of the season.

Black_White 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 6:56 am

Bye Bye Magpie.Girl.
hope you enjoy your new club, Richmond. Cause you sound like a bandwagoner to me.

-Craig

BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 7:08 am

I think the best thing to come out the game is that we were insipid. It was poor disposal and an inability to counter the most negative tactic in football - the flood- that cost us dearly.
The reason I say that the best thing to come out of the game was how bad we were, is because we can only go up from here. The media will have a feast on us and that can only be good, because it should give the team a point to prove. We haven't been under pressure early in the season for a few years, so this may be a blessing in disguise.
I'm not going to blame the coach, the administration, or whoever else. I'm not going to say who should be in or out of the team, all I want to say is this:
22 players get selected to play for Collingwood. It is the responsibility of those 22 on the day to play as a team and when the jumper is on and that white line is crossed it is up to them to put their bodies on the line.
Nobody should feel the dissapointment more than the players after last nights loss, and if the desire is right and the bodies are willing, Hawthorn will be in for a rude shock next week.

BJ

BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 7:11 am

I think the best thing to come out the game is that we were insipid. It was poor disposal and an inability to counter the most negative tactic in football - the flood- that cost us dearly.
The reason I say that the best thing to come out of the game was how bad we were, is because we can only go up from here. The media will have a feast on us and that can only be good, because it should give the team a point to prove. We haven't been under pressure early in the season for a few years, so this may be a blessing in disguise.
I'm not going to blame the coach, the administration, or whoever else. I'm not going to say who should be in or out of the team, all I want to say is this:
22 players get selected to play for Collingwood. It is the responsibility of those 22 on the day to play as a team and when the jumper is on and that white line is crossed it is up to them to put their bodies on the line.
Nobody should feel the dissapointment more than the players after last nights loss, and if the desire is right and the bodies are willing, Hawthorn will be in for a rude shock next week.

BJ

MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 8:32 am

YES!! In response to Fradam's comment from Legga's....We don't want you to come back when we start winning...that is ATYPICAL Richmond thing to do and I for one don't want to be associated with the likes of those fickle, feral, spineless, poor excuses for football supporters!

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 8:46 am

Now come one fellas and girls....MAGPIE.GIRL YOU DONT SAY THOSE SORT OF THINGS AROUND HERE.
I was disappointed with the gfame as well,I always thought that if you watered something that it would grom big & strang ,now phisle up and die.
Geeze come of it,this is only the third game of the season,we had lost our back pocket and yeor are giving them away....hey wake up will you we PIES supporters should stick together through thick or thin,it doesnt matter,its a football game with the MOST followed club in the country.
Wake up and dont worry about it.
So we lost in the WET,BUT there are another 19 games to go and the PIES will be there come September.
Get rid of SOL and stick around and as they say WATCH THIS SPACE!!!!!!!!!

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
GO RUPERT 10 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 10:04 am

WELL I DONT BLAME HER I LOVE THE PIES BUT IVE BEEN A MEMBER FOR 10 YEARS AND ALL IVE GOT FOR THAT IS HEARTACHE JASON WILD,AND NO FINALS TICKETS ,I MEAN ST KILDA HAS PLAYED IN MORE FINALS THAN US FOR GODS SAKE

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 10:52 am

wouldnt every team that has been around for the 10 years been in more finals than us?

i dont know what was going on last night but they better get their arses into gear next week. last night was a combination of shit players shit coaching shit weather and shit decisions.
not to mention the word CLANGER.

its funny how opinions can change overnight, everyone was saying the spoon was being fought over by carlton and another team ( i cant remember who), im sure after last nights DISMAL performance we are being mentioned in amongst that little group.

the only good thind to come out of this is they will get roasted for last night and have 19 rounds to F*CKING IMPROVE. and by improving im not talking about just last night, they need to pull their fingers out and get a bit of the respect they used to have BACK.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: