Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

New set up at CFC

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 1999 2:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll put 30 bucks on sav cracking 150 next year.
egg 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 1999 8:26 pm

foxy,
I'll take your bet
and give you 100 to 1 now
thats a collect of over $3000
cash if you put it where your mouth is
egg

Lozza 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 1999 6:47 am

There is no doubt that when firing Big Sav is one of the most important members of our team. There is also no doubt that overall he has been a big disappointment for us. I agree that next season may very well be his last for the CFC if he doesn't kick 75+ goals. We all know that he has the potential (there is that word again that makes us eternally optimistic yet constantly disappointed) to kick 100+ goals a season and if anyone is going to bring out the best in Sav then it has to be MMM (Mighty Mick Malthouse). If Sav fails again next season, then I think it's time that we seriously consider some draft swap while its not to late.

P.S. If anyone comes to his defence ie: not kicking goals due to injuries so we should still persist, then you are as stupid as Larry. As I have stated several times before on this BB, if we persist with mediocrity, then we will always be mediocre!!!

------------------
Long Live Collingwood!!!

Pete the Pieman 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 1999 9:51 am

Lozza, Lozza Lozza!

What short memories we have.

If you check closely, last season aside, you will find the facts do not support your statement.

Over the previous 6 seasons the "Great One" (Plugger) kicked 486 goals in a top side with some VERY good players (Kelly, Cresswell, O'Loughlin etc) regularly hitting him on the chest.

Our boy Sav with NO delivery to speak of kicked 426 goals in the same six seasons, and we weren't in the finals in that period, not being quite good enough.

That's like, half a goal per week difference.

Not much, is it?

Yet one has been acclaimed as a champ and you seem to be saying the other is a chump!

Wot rubbish, mate!

Pugsville 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 1999 10:42 am

Every one seems to have big wraps on Leon Davis, extremelykeen to see the lad play. Most of this years draftees will be luckly to crack too many games. last years come on quickly is the face of massive cleanout. Only really Davis and Betheras getting regular games. ( Jacotine, Scotland will be up in contention this year) We have added three players that should be straight in ( McKee, Ukovic, O'Bree) from what I have seen Rhycce Shaw might play a few this year but will not be a regular, Michael Clark is older so should not be too far off and would be pretty keen to make an impact (last draft picks often dlisted the next year ) All things considred we will have 3-6 new regular players next year. And be better for it. Fraser is a long term prospect.

pugs.

&I cant wait much longer-Go Pies!&

Neil Appleby 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 1999 1:26 pm

Foxy,
Save your dough or at least put it to some use........perhaps a heart transplant for the totally over-rated Wasley??

Pugsville 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 1999 7:10 am

The Big Sav factor, yes if you stack up games played to goals kicked over the last few years not many payers are ahead of him. Many clubs struggle to get the regular goal kicker. While many claim that in 90's or next century football the fiull forward is gone as such. But look at brisbane in that lats final, the after aliaster lynch had to go to the backline they could not take a mark in the forward line (Molloy had a off night) and that is where they last the game. Having a reliable marking forward is nessacry, look at what north have achieved. The Big Sav does a have a few problems. He has too be extra competive because of his size/speed he's never going to be as good defensively as a lot of forwards. He's gotta take a leaf out of his younger brothers book,who has been much more consistant this year, but also more agressive. Sav's a bit shy, and liek almost apoligectic for his size, he should be throwing his weight around and making his prenese felt. Sure he hadn't been given the service other forwards get overall, but he has to present himself nearly every time th eball comes down. There is almost nothing more disheartening in football than the big blokes in the forward line ot making the effort to present themselves and compete. Sav on his day has been excellant, but his confidence seems fragile. When he is struggle he has to concentrate on just being there, giving that lead and not allowing uncontested marks by the defence. It wil lbe interesting what MM does with the Sav.

pugsville.

ps. Wasley will big one of the big improvers this year. Rebound defence Him and Burns of the half back line.

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 1999 10:27 am

wasley's only played a dozen games and you're calling him overrated?

don't get me started on the wasley issue. please.
Broadie 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 1999 5:18 am

FOXY:
Please - I implore you - no more talking up of Wasley until we see him prove himself in 2000. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we would like nothing better than to see him burning off half-forwards and hitting Sav lace-out from 40 metres away.

PUGSVILLE:
I don't think I've seen a more balanced and accurate assessment of the Saveloy. Let's hope that the confidence factor (I've posted here before about a chat I had with Brereton in Nov 95 about Sav's poor confidence) is something MM really can have an impact upon, as Shawry - legend of a player and clubman that he was - obviously lacked the PERSONAL motivation skills (not to be confused with Team morivation skills) that Anna's boy needs.
Pugsville 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 1999 6:10 am

The Sav Factor - One of the reasons I'm bitter about the hawks not folding up and merging is that we are denied the talents of dermot bereton from a coaching piont of veiw. I don't mean the senior side I man key forward coaching. I think in sav was taken on by bereton one on one as personal forward coach, we could see a big impovement in the lad. It would be worth paying good money to make worth his while. The only problem is the bloody hawks have his services in that department.

pugsville.

peps_12 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 1999 6:08 pm

Pugs,

You seem to know what you are talking about and I usually agree at least to some extent with what you are talking about - if I can work out what that is!!

Use a bloody spell checker or something, for crying out loud!

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 1999 6:18 pm

don't worry people. by round 5 next season, when wasley has played 5 brilliant games running off half-back, you'll all be eating a big, meaty humble pie covered in sauce.
Dazza G 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 1999 3:06 am

Just a note on Wasley, he was a very influential player in a successful Norwood side here in S.A., give him time & regular footy & he'll be fine, better this year with a year under his belt, give him a go.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: