Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Blues trade... fair? or... a bit dodgy...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
innocent_criminal 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:51 pm
Post subject: Blues trade... fair? or... a bit dodgy...Reply with quote

1:15pm Trade # 24

GWS - #28, #77 & #95
Greater Western Sydney receives a round-two draft pick (No.28 at time of trade), a round-five draft pick (No.77 at time of trade), a round-six draft pick (No.95 at time of trade) and a 2016 round-one draft selection

CARL - #8!! AND four players.
Carlton receives Lachie Plowman, Jed Lamb, Andrew Phillips, Liam Sumner and a round-one draft pick (No.8 at time of trade)

SOS being the former list manager helps apparently... this seems "overs" to me to say the least.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

They only needed points for academy players
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:58 pm

Does seem a bit sus, considering how long and how much we had to cough up for 1 player.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:00 pm

The question is, are any of these four guys any good at all, i mean, i doubt if GWS would trade four real stars. ?

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
The question is, are any of these four guys any good at all, i mean, i doubt if GWS would trade four real stars. ?

All not best 22 for GWS. Good deal for Giants in the end.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:08 pm

You'd think the deal is a good one from GWS' perspective. Given the outs from the Blooz, they'll be lucky to score next season, let alone get off the bottom, so GWS probably gets 2016 pick between 1 and 3 (allowing for the possibility that there might just be a team or two worse the the Blooz next season). They can sit back, assess the draft class and decide whether to burn that on academy points or keep it and trade a few more of their seconds players to the Blooz for their 2017 first-round pick.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:15 pm

woftam wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

All not best 22 for GWS. Good deal for Giants in the end.

Very Happy Thats ALL i wanna hear, id loathe it if those cheating Scum pricks did well out of any trades, ever. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
mattys123 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:16 pm

None of those players will be on Carlton's list in 3 years time, it's a terrible trade for the Blues.

But it's a great trade for the Northern Blues.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:20 pm

https://twitter.com/SirMickMadhouse/status/656702707571429376

https://twitter.com/TitusOReily/status/656679039092953088
gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:24 pm

Could be a win-win for both - At the moment GWS look to be in front as the 4 players haven't played regular senior footy and they need points.

There is a former #3 and #10 draft pick among them though, so there is talent. If they weren't dodgy picks and have just been slow developers then Carlton could come out in front.

As fair as a trade can get really, both teams are happy, and both teams with the potential to really win from it, so I'm not sure what this thread is trying to imply.
innocent_criminal 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:20 pm

Agree with most, what I guess the irks me is pick #8 was sent to the blues as well in a very shallow draft.

Its probably my visceral hate but gees... given we had to give up #7, & #10-12? next year.

Interesting that SOS picked some of those guys as top 10 picks and even though they have been well below that level ...he picks them again.

Domesticated_Ape Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:31 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
They only needed points for academy players

Now that they have traded pick 7 to Melbourne, I think there is a slight chance they wont have enough points to cover both Hopper and Kennedy without going into debt next year.

Come on Essendon, bid on both players at pick 4 and make these bastards pay! Laughing

And yeah, the deal with the Spoons looks dodgy. Picks 77 and 95 are worth a grand total of 0 points combined. 28 is worth 677 and 8 is 1551. Confused

Pies4shaw - The future first round pick is attached to Geelong's finishing position, not Carlton's. GWS must be expecting Danger to do his knee is round one or something.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:51 pm

As I said on another thread, tHe 4 look like list cloggers to me. GWS probably couldn't wait to get them off their hands.

From the AFL site, nothing inspiring other than some being early picks:

"All are contracted beyond this season but have struggled to establish themselves in the Giants' best 22.

Plowman was 2012's No.3 draft pick, but played just 20 games in his three seasons at GWS, including two this year.

Sumner was the No.10 pick in the Giants' inaugural draft of 2011, but the former Sandringham Dragons midfielder never established himself as a senior player in four seasons at the club, playing just 12 AFL games and none this year.

Forward Lamb joins his third AFL club, having played at the Sydney Swans for three years before crossing to the Giants ahead of the 2014 season.

Despite his outstanding form in the NEAFL with the Giants' reserves team this year, Lamb played just two senior games for a total of 10 in his two seasons at GWS.

Ruckman Phillips was one of the Giants' original rookie selections at the end of 2009 and showed promise in nine senior games in the club's debut AFL season, 2012.

But the Tasmanian has played just five games since and will be hoping that a fresh start at Carlton can rejuvenate his career."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:33 pm

Hard to say how good any of the players are. Two were top 10 picks but have obviously not lived up to that standing.

Without knowing the players well enough, it looks like they are failed picks with Silvagni the only one willing to take them because they were drafted by him. His drafting record at GWS is looking a bit ordinary. The team's done quite well, but there are a lot of failed early picks there that have since been traded out far below their original value.

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:38 pm

General question: Why do the Giants seem to be so much more savvy with drafting and trading than the Suns? Seems like they are managing to keep positioning themselves to retain high picks year on year while the Suns seem to be in the same boat as everyone else now. Will this end next year?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: