Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Thanks from Collingwood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Euge 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:14 pm
Post subject: Thanks from CollingwoodReply with quote

Dear All

This seems as good a time as any to voice my appreciation for the magnificent way in which the Cheer Squad has conducted itself in 2007. Becoming involved in the Cheer Squad at the end of last year was way outside my brief of Commercial Operations however, like all of you, I share a passion for this Club and a deep desire to succeed in every way. I was worried by the way things ended up in 2006 and took the view that unless things were approached in a different way, the Cheer Squad would self implode. Lesley became very proactive in coming up with a workable solution - CFC was able to adapt and support the suggested changes and I believe that the results have been outstanding. The work of the Team Leaders has been outstanding and the co-operation within the group, although occasionally challenging, has been the difference.

Inevitably, the Cheer Squad is made up of diverse personalities but it is clear that we are all equally passionate. That passion, sometimes seen as the Cheer Sqaud's potential downfall, was what has been the cause for our unity. Are we perfect? - not yet. Have we improved?- absolutely. Am I proud of the Cheer Squad? -unquestionably.

Thank you all for your efforts throughout 2007 - In particular thank you to all the Team leaders, without whom this would not have worked. Thanks to those who are members of the various teams who have worked tirelessly throughout the year. Thanks to each and every Cheer Squad member for their support. Thanks to the chanters, the front row and the flag wavers. I will not individualise, but I will thank Will Betts who has been fantastic. We still have unfinished business but whatever happens tonight, the Cheer Squad has come out on top.

GO PIES!!!
Euge
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second that Eugene, from all Collingwood supporters a big thank you to the Cheersquad. I love the work the Cheer Squad put in week after week. Lets be really loud tonight!
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:58 pm

great banners last night.
magpie_born_and_bred 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:28 pm

The cheersquad has been magnificent this year and made great inroads, well done to everyone lets make it even better next year, cannot wait!
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:21 am

Thanks for the kind words Euge... Very Happy (Does that mean the party's on!? Wink )

We all tried very hard this year.... And next year we will be even better!!!

Peter 

BELIEVE!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:23 pm

A big thanks to Euge and Will who made the effort to help us get the Cheer Squad back on the straight and narrow. Some kind words and I think we have come a fair distance in 2007.

Looking forward to making 2008 an even bigger and better year. New faces, new chants, new flags, new ideas.

No offence to some but hopefully a few of the dead wood renew there seats elsewhere and let the pasionate supporters who want to stand and chant get in on the squad get involved.

Would be great if we had everyonne on the same page....

Take care all and hope that 2007 continues to be as succesful and happy year as it was and we march into 2008 full of hope and confidence that we can take that next step!!!

WHICH IS WHY WE CALL IT THE PRESENT
"Life is meant to be lived";LIVE FOR TODAY
magpie_born_and_bred 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:47 pm

fantastic post Pete, next year dont you worry there is already another 5 passionate youthful blokes joining so we should be even better in 2008, as will our side. GO PIES!
Euge 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:56 pm
Post subject: The PartyReply with quote

cobood wrote:
Thanks for the kind words Euge... Very Happy (Does that mean the party's on!? Wink )

We all tried very hard this year.... And next year we will be even better!!!

In a word - YES.

Euge
magpie_born_and_bred 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:20 pm

what party might that be? i like partys
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:32 pm

WOOHOO..... *thumbsup*
THANK YOU EUGE! THANK YOU COLLINGWOOD! Very Happy

C/squad break up party Will!....Laughing

magpie_born_and_bred 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:42 pm

ohh no i think i might be at schoolies having a slightly different party if it is at the day i heard? between 23rd-30nov GO PIES!
seans Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:15 am

thanks eugene,yes it was a huge effort to turn things around after last year.a big thankyou to leslie for taking the time to listen to us,and i am so proud to have helped her out.

secondly,a big thankyou goes to you eugene and to sally capp for finding the time to listen to us in your time at the club,and to let us as a whole group,show you we can do it.yes there are still improvements to be made,but on the whole it was a much more enjoyable place to be in 2007.

thirdly,a big well done to ALL my fellow cheersquad members on a great job done this year.unfortunately we fell agonising close to regaining the cup,but with all of you there again for season 2008 we will get that elusive cup back to its home.

i look forward to seeing you all there for the xmas party,until then safe keeping all.

maggies_4_eva 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:45 pm

I am glad that most of you enjoyed 2007 but personally it was the worst year my daughter and I have ever had. So bad that towards the end of the season we didn't even attend all of the games. Hence, we will not be joining in 2008. But for those of you who are.....I hope it's a great year for you and the Pies.

GO PIES!
magpie_born_and_bred 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:50 pm

lol what happened to you and your daughter who are you?

Did i chant too loud or stand up too many times? oh dear my apologiess how awful i am...

sam. Capricorn

formally known as BRoDieZ^BaBY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:29 pm

magpie_born_and_bred wrote:
lol what happened to you and your daughter who are you?

Did i chant too loud or stand up too many times? oh dear my apologiess how awful i am...

Confused

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: