Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Have you seen this man?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
member34258 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Reason?
Let me see, he has had a daughter run away from home, he has a conviction for assault against his wife, he has split with his wife, got back together and it looks like she has had enough and he has killed her for her decision.
Then he flees, realizes the kid is dead weight and dumps her in a place that she could have been picked up by any one or even fallen under a train.
Does he have a reason for this behavior? Yes, that reason is pure selfishness. When he did not get his way and violence had not worked he took the ultimate step for his own revenge.
Is he a dog for such acts?
Most DEFINITELY!
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:39 am

I'd be worried about the other daughter that they have not located yet, hopefully she is okay as well.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:36 am

member34258 wrote:
Reason?
Let me see, he has had a daughter run away from home, he has a conviction for assault against his wife, he has split with his wife, got back together and it looks like she has had enough and he has killed her for her decision.
Then he flees, realizes the kid is dead weight and dumps her in a place that she could have been picked up by any one or even fallen under a train.
Does he have a reason for this behavior? Yes, that reason is pure selfishness. When he did not get his way and violence had not worked he took the ultimate step for his own revenge.
Most DEFINITELY!

You're making a lot of assumptions there.
How much do we really know about this guy? Apart from all the sensationalist gossip?

These kind of stories are often beefed up by the tabloids, so they can establish good guys and bad guys. The truth is often far more ambiguous.

member34258 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:29 am

You need to get out of Canberra and into the real world David.
Assumptions maybe, but I think time will prove me correct. Proto is right, where is the older daughter?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/pumpkins-father-held-knife-to-mums-stomach/2007/09/18/1189881513588.html
Quote:
Sources say Nai Xin Xue, a martial arts expert, held a large kitchen knife to his wife's stomach and "threatened to kill her for not returning his love". He then bashed her, leaving her right eye swollen and bruised and her nose bloody.

New Zealand police admit they hold grave fears for the wellbeing of Ms Liu, who was last heard from nine days ago.

Quote:
It has also emerged that Mr Xue was convicted of assaulting his wife last year, and at one stage she fled to China to escape him, before returning

Quote:
It was also revealed last night that Mr Xue had another daughter, who disappeared five years ago, aged 20. The story of the disappearance was told in a documentary made by students from the university his older daughter attended, in which Mr Xue cried and begged her to come home.

You can believe it's a media beat up, but considering it is the police speaking I think that is unlikely.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:41 am

David, presumption of innocence is all good and well, but your missing some of the facts

Fact 1. He has a history of domestic violence

Fact 2. Older daughter is 'missing'

Fact 3. Abandons youngest daughter

Fact 4. Wife is 'missing'

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:29 am

member34258 wrote:
Reason?
Most DEFINITELY!

I've hilited the parts that are assumption.

If you are proven correct, then I'll agree with the Dog description.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:02 pm

but dogs are the best people.
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:30 pm

David wrote:
So, let's hope he's ok as well.

Let's hope he's not.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22442990-661,00.html
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:01 pm

frankiboy wrote:
but dogs are the best people.

Yeah, I know where you're coming from franki, there's a vulgar term for a part of the female anatomy which gets used derogatorily all the time, even though I'm quite fond of that particular piece of anatomy. Wink

FWIW, I heard on the radio that the older daughter has made herself known to Police and that she is OK but doesn't want any publicity. The search is still on for the wife, speculation is that they are looking for a body. Sad

Magpie Jack 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:09 pm

You are right Jacqui.

This scum is much lower than any animal.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:11 pm

Just saw on the news, his car has been parked outside his house for 5 days. The Police finally got around to looking in it and found the body of an Asian woman in the boot.

Reasonable guess that's his wife.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:12 pm

""? Reasonable guess that's his wife?
member34258 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:38 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Just saw on the news, his car has been parked outside his house for 5 days. The Police finally got around to looking in it and found the body of an Asian woman in the boot.

Reasonable guess that's his wife.

So, is he a dog?

What I typed about what I thought had happened was not rocket science. These type of domestic scenes are repeated time and time again all over the world.
The act that elevated him to dog status was the dumping of his child in a place she did not know in a country she did not know.
I suppose David will excuse this act as he spared her life. No such concession from me.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:34 pm

Yeah, he's a dog. Killing the wife did it for me.

Dumping the kid was a pricks act, but could have been far worse.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:59 pm

member34258 wrote:
I suppose David will excuse this act as he spared her life. No such concession from me.

You misunderstand. I was never making any assumptions about what might have happened, or making character judgements at any point. I was simply responding to your rather presumptuous post in which you claimed to know not only exactly what had happened, but that you knew the motive as well. Come on!

Even if you're right (which looks quite likely now), it doesn't make 'trial by armchair' any more laudable. This time the self-proclaimed experts seem to have been right, but if they had been wrong, it wouldn't have been the first time.

As for the question of whether he's a 'dog' or not, I disagree - simply because it is a strong belief of mine that there is no such thing as 'good' or 'evil' people. Everything we do is for a reason. That doesn't mean that this guy shouldn't get the appropriate sentence for what he has done - the law has to take its course. It simply means that its wrong for us to make value judgements about others.

Obviously there will be those that disagree, but as I said, this is something I strongly believe in, and have good logical arguments to back up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: