Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Magpie Army March...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Syd_Magpies_Girl Gemini

The Russell Street Pole Dancing Bogan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you guys aren't jinxing us. We haven't even made the GF and you're already marching....Geez. If we lose, you're going to make us all look stupid.
zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:03 am

will we finally see ya there joel or do u have uni again
Heather 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:07 am

Syd_Magpies_Girl wrote:
I hope you guys aren't jinxing us. We haven't even made the GF and you're already marching....Geez. If we lose, you're going to make us all look stupid.

You can never make a Collingwood supporter look stupid.

Win or lose, the march will just prove how strong our dedication to our Club is...and how proud we are of our boys...

tomoleary Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:19 am

I'm gonna aim to be there from 3:30...

I was part of many Melbourne Victory marches. Can't wait to do it for Collingwood. It'll mean so much more.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:23 am

Can some on Get it on video and put it up here, Would Love to See It
tomoleary Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:23 am

Syd_Magpies_Girl wrote:

The thing is this shouldn't something that only happens for finals.

Melbourne Victory do it every week, and I know for a fact that a massive percentage of the passionate Victory supporters are also pies fans.
dish Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:39 am

How can a few thousand collingwood supporters walking to the G as one look stupid

SIDE BY SIDE WE STICK TOGETHER GO PIES!!!
Syd_Magpies_Girl Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:45 am

I am NOT saying that you make us look stupid by just walking there.

I say we MAY look stupid if we lose, and everyone is getting very gung-ho and marching. The word about it has even got around in Sydney, and us Pies supporters in the office (a lot) are copping a lot of crap from our Melbourne staff who barrack for other teams, labelling us arrogant etc.

I won't be waving my scarf, jumping up and down etc, until we (and IF) we beat Geelong. Beat Geelong - then we're winners, regardless.

tomoleary Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:57 am

Syd_Magpies_Girl wrote:

I say we MAY look stupid if we lose, and everyone is getting very gung-ho and marching. The word about it has even got around in Sydney, and us Pies supporters in the office (a lot) are copping a lot of crap from our Melbourne staff who barrack for other teams, labelling us arrogant etc.

I won't be waving my scarf, jumping up and down etc, until we (and IF) we beat Geelong. Beat Geelong - then we're winners, regardless.

I think alot of us have learnt lessons about being arrogant. I certainly have. In 2003 I thought that we'd won the Grand Final all week, in the week leading up to the game. I just felt it was destiny, that it was going to happen. But the big day came and everything just fell in a heap.

I'm quietly confident that we'll win tonight. I've been wearing my Collingwood hat all week everywhere I go and I copped a lot of people saying "do you actually think you can win?"... "give up now, you've got no chance" My band even scheduled a rehearsal on Grand Final day. "You coming Tom?" they asked. "Only if Collingwood lose friday night" I replied. They all laughed at me.

But I haven't been saying anything. A couple of years ago I would've been letting everyone have it. But you don't have to go around saying "we're going to do this..." "we're going to do that..." Just show up and let our presence be felt.

I wanna see absolutely everyone there tonight. I'll definitely be at the lexus centre. I can't do the cricketers this time around, cause I have to meet up with my 16 year old cousin. And besides everytime I've been to the cricketers before the game this year we've lost. I went there last time we played Geelong. When we played Brisbane and when we played Richmond. Not a good luck place for me.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:02 pm

Nice work, Joffa, just heard you go toe to toe with the Cats fans on Neil Mitchell's program. Smile
tomoleary Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:32 pm

bump Very Happy
Syd_Magpies_Girl Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:35 pm

tomoleary wrote:
Syd_Magpies_Girl wrote:

I think alot of us have learnt lessons about being arrogant. I certainly have. In 2003 I thought that we'd won the Grand Final all week, in the week leading up to the game. I just felt it was destiny, that it was going to happen. But the big day came and everything just fell in a heap.

I'm quietly confident that we'll win tonight. I've been wearing my Collingwood hat all week everywhere I go and I copped a lot of people saying "do you actually think you can win?"... "give up now, you've got no chance" My band even scheduled a rehearsal on Grand Final day. "You coming Tom?" they asked. "Only if Collingwood lose friday night" I replied. They all laughed at me.

But I haven't been saying anything. A couple of years ago I would've been letting everyone have it. But you don't have to go around saying "we're going to do this..." "we're going to do that..." Just show up and let our presence be felt.

I wanna see absolutely everyone there tonight. I'll definitely be at the lexus centre. I can't do the cricketers this time around, cause I have to meet up with my 16 year old cousin. And besides everytime I've been to the cricketers before the game this year we've lost. I went there last time we played Geelong. When we played Brisbane and when we played Richmond. Not a good luck place for me.

I am glad to hear that.

Please take some photos, or someone at least get this on video and do a YouTube post.

The atmosphere up here for AFL has been non existant since the Swans were eliminated.

Tonight will be tough, I don't have any hopes of us winning at all, but if we were to win, that would prove to me that we ARE the best for 2007.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:41 pm

Syd_Magpies_Girl wrote:

we should be marching to every mcg game next year. make it a tradition, a point of difference, like the red flag chant.

Syd_Magpies_Girl Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:50 pm

Then shoot ourselves in the foot and look arrogant EVERY game? Hahaha right, great idea.
Cangaru Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:22 pm

Syd_Magpies_Girl wrote:
Then shoot ourselves in the foot and look arrogant EVERY game? Hahaha right, great idea.

You don't march cause you are arrogant you march to support the club and to show your support that's it nothing in that that says we think we've won it only to say we're comin the Magpie Army big huge and everylast one of us and we're behind the boys all the way striving for victory no matter what the goal and think thinkin is to win and think that but not assume!!! ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: