Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tarrant getting reported

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doska 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 10:37 am
Post subject: Tarrant getting reportedReply with quote

Chris Tarrant, blitzed yesterday but the win takes wind out of me everytime I think about him getting reported.
Did anyone see the incident behind play because I was watching the ball not what was happening behind play. I haven't seen the replay of the game but hope to see it soon. To the people that did see what happened how bad was it? Do you think he will get off?
We are going to need him against the Bombers because I think we are a huge chance of knocking them off.

paulie 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 10:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

turned on the radio last nite.And they reckon it was very soft and he would be very unlikely to get suspened.The only problem might be that he plays for the mighty Pies.

I@n S 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:09 pm

I'm glad they think it was soft. But your correct will be suspened just because he plays for Collingwood. If thats the case i'll be very pissed off with other teams players not getting rubbed out because of shit they did to us. Bastards

Go Pies! Common England WC 2002! R.I.P George Harrison and John Lennon
Bones 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:22 pm

There was no footage on the telly of the incident...
Was watching Sportswatch (on 7) at the time and Jason Dunstall saw it and said it was very crude... But he is a utter dikhead so who cares what he says...

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:21 pm

I didn't see the incident at the match and they also didn't show it on the reply or say much about it. BUT the idiot Graham looked fine when he stood up and was quick to have a go at Rocca (after Pebbles had a friendly word to him!!!).

We've had two serious incidents where Collingwood players were hit high and carried off the ground, yet the players reported were cleared. If Tazz goes then the Tribunal should be reported!

GO PIES!
Marg

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:25 pm

if they cleared that little weasel matera, they should also clear Taz. otherwise, there'd be no consistency.

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
MaGPiE_MaGiC 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 2:09 pm

Taz shouldn't of got reported in the 1st place..

and secondly i just watch "The Winners" on Fox Footy, matera should of got reported for pushin the umpire against melbourne yesterday @ optus oval.. but he didnt ...

WE COME AS ONE
WE LEAVE AS ONE
WE ARE THE MIGHTY MAGPIES!!!

Go Pies!! 2002!!

dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:00 am

From Today's Age - Edited to only show the Tarrant related parts

Tarrant to plead not guilty

By Melissa Ryan

Collingwood forward Chris Tarrant will plead not guilty to a charge of striking Hawthorn defender Mark Graham when his case goes before the AFL Tribunal this week.

Tarrant was booked by umpire Martin Ellis during the second quarter after an incident with Graham that occurred 50 metres off the ball, in Collingwood's forward 50.

There is no video of the incident and the particulars of the striking charge have not been given to the club. The Magpies are preparing a not guilty plea.

"We don't know what they reckon he did. We know what we reckon he did, which is nothing," said Collingwood football manager Neil Balme.

Sounds positive for us!!!

Cheers

Dillo

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 4:31 am

yeah bloody dickhead umpires. ohhh they saw this little incident (which no one else seems to have) with no video evidence, yet they dont see the one WITH video evidence and tarkyn going off on a stretcher! WHATS GOING ON??!?

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:58 am

I saw it all (as I was telling anyone who asked at the Cricketer's after the game). I was behind the goals, at the Ponsford end, but a fair bit higher than the unofficial lads (arrived too late, with too many extra people, to grabs seats amongst the faithful).

I had noticed that the Dawks had finally moved Hay onto Chris Tarrant, and was interested in how Tarrant would handle it (as he has been quiet in the past two or three Hawthorn games, when marked by Hay).

Anyway the ball was up on the Southern stand wing or flank, and Chris was trying to make a lead to the ball, and Hay had such a hold of his jumper that he could not move (the free kick should have been paid right there, in the goal square, but no the umpire was not yet in a position to see anything, but unfortunately he was coming).

So Chris finally breaks free of Hay's illegal hold, but instead of leading to the ball, reverses direction and blocks (in basketball, sets a screen) for Rocca, who has led back to the goal square, and immediately leads out to the ball. Graham who is running with Rocca, see's the block set, and tries to squeeze into the gap between the moving Rocca, and the more or less stationery Tarrant. Tarrant closes the gap, and Graham's head area makes contact with Tarrant's protruding elbow (his arms are crossed across his chest). Graham falls to the ground, and of course by this time the umpire is is a position to report Tarrant.

In hindsight, I reckoned Graham stumbled when he was trying to squeeze through the gap, and that is why he made contact with Chris.

NOTE : Was the umpire who reported Tarrant a boundary umpire? And hence can only report, and then the field umpire awards the free kick?

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:58 am

Apparently Phillip Matera HAS been reported for manhandling an
umpire - let's see him get off that one!
It wouldn't surprise me if Tarrant is found guilty with no video
evidence, just because it's Collingwood.

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 6:05 am

... just to be precise ...

It appeared to me that Graham's head region made contact with Tarrant's elbow region. The question is, did the head come to the elbow, or did the elbow come to the head.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
GeorgeQ 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 6:39 am

Tarrant will get 2 or 3 weeks because there is no video evidence. The tribunal will believe the reporting umpire and the players stories will be the usual crap about a tangle of arms, falling over, hitting heads, etc. The only way out of this is to tell the truth as described in this thread and there is no chance of that.

paulie 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 6:58 am

Greg J,any chance of you contacting the club and appearing as an independent witness I think you could win the case for us.Or better still you could defend taz by yourself.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:41 am

Tarrant should get off due to one thing.

When the dickhead got up off the ground he was laughing. he then started mouthing off to rocca (who was also abusing him) and laughing at him. that footage should be shown to prove the looser jus ttook a dive and made the umpire look stupid. well done umpires, give the pretty boys free kicks to make up for lack of skill.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: