Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Telstra

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 11:29 am
Post subject: TelstraReply with quote

The Collingwood Football Club email address shown on the official website has not worked for weeks. So a week ago I sent Telstra the following email using the address given on the site for website enquiries.

quote:
The email address (info@collingwoodfc.com.au) shown on the Collingwood Football Club web site does not work ("The recipient name is not recognized").

Do you have a current email address?

Regards

Mike Wilson

Today I received a bounced email from the non-working Collingwood address.
quote:
This email has been sent to you from info because you are the appropriate
area to answer the
customer's enquiry.
The customer's email address is cst@vision.net.au
Please follow these instructions:
1. Click Reply
3. Compose answer for customer
4. Spell check the email
5. Please delete all information contained within stars.
6. Click Send.

The email address (info@collingwoodfc.com.au) shown on the Collingwood Football Club web site does not work ("The recipient name is not recognized").
Do you have a current email address?
Regards
Mike Wilson

Telstra had forwarded my email to Collingwood for action. Fair enough, the only trouble with that is they sent it to the address that I had told them was not working.

I sent the following email today.
quote:
To whom it may concern

I wrote to you a week ago to tell you that the Collingwood Football Club email address that you have listed on the CFC web site does not work, and to ask for a current address.

You obviously didn't take the email seriously because you forwarded my email for action (a week later) to the same address that I had told you was not working. Guess what? The address doesn't work! The email bounced - surprise, surprise. It didn't bounce back to you because you inserted my email address as the return address.

I'm not surprised that you are not aware that the address is bad because you don't get bounced emails, your strange 'reply to' practice ensures that.

Thanks for nothing

Mike Wilson

I'll let you know what happens.

It will be interesting to see just how this technological giant and internet supremo comes to grips with this perplexing problem.

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 4:46 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

lol its starting to sound like one of those jokes u get about how crap their service is!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: