Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Chaser

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the APEC clip was hilarious.

Then again, I could understand the people involved might have not been so amused.

But what's the deal about it being a set-up? To be honest, I don't think the average person on the street is that good an actor...

member34258 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:51 am

stui magpie wrote:
Most of their stunts are set ups that they try to pass off as real.

Bit short on facts, but long on rhetoric.
The chaser them self "exposed" the stunts that were set up at the end of the last series. The fact is the MINORITY of the gags are set up.
The fact that they are always prepared to laugh at themselves is a good enough reason to love these guys.
As for the ABC booting them, well if they do then 7, 9 or 10 were all chasing the chasers not that long ago, so it could be very beneficial financially if their contract at the ABC is terminated.
Had to love Today Tonight this evening. The vitriol was virtually dripping of Anna Corins lips. What a joke she is! The chaser has delighted in parodying the vacuous nature of TT and ACA. TT decided it was payback time tonight. And this from a network that exposed medical records in the chase for ratings.
Hypocrites.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:07 am

David wrote:
But what's the deal about it being a set-up? To be honest, I don't think the average person on the street is that good an actor...

Yeh, that's what I thought David Confused

As for my thoughts on Chaser, I was a huge fan, not so much these days. Like many of those types of shows, they tend to get a bit stale, I also find it a little annoying at times. I bought their 1st two series on dvd and watched them religiously, I guess you could say I'm over it. If it happens to be on as I'm flicking channels, I'll watch it. I won't go out of my way or break plans to view it

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:55 am

stui magpie wrote:

Like a politician's meet and greet in the street!
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:27 am

If these guys were dumped by the ABC channel 7,9 & 10 would be knocking on their doors straight away. I could not care if it's a set up. So was candid camera. As far as people taking offence, if we stopped doing things in case it offended someone, somewhere nothing would happen.

The millions spent on security has been made a joke and payback is all the police want. Red faces at the top.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:52 am

member34258 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Bit short on facts, but long on rhetoric.The chaser them self "exposed" the stunts that were set up at the end of the last series. The fact is the MINORITY of the gags are set up.
The fact that they are always prepared to laugh at themselves is a good enough reason to love these guys.
As for the ABC booting them, well if they do then 7, 9 or 10 were all chasing the chasers not that long ago, so it could be very beneficial financially if their contract at the ABC is terminated.
Had to love Today Tonight this evening. The vitriol was virtually dripping of Anna Corins lips. What a joke she is! The chaser has delighted in parodying the vacuous nature of TT and ACA. TT decided it was payback time tonight. And this from a network that exposed medical records in the chase for ratings.
Hypocrites.

Godd description of the rest of your post.

If people like them, good on ya. Your entitled to your opion but don't bother trying to defend them or justify why you like them by dragging in comparisons to other media (or politicians) cos I don't care.

If a straw poll said that 99% of people loved them, so what? Guess that would make me part of the 1% and isn't any reason to change my mind.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:57 am

Yes I always have to love this evening. I can't guess. Tell me.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:57 am

Had to laugh at ACA and TT getting pay back on the Chaser guys. I will back money on it the Chaser has the last laugh. ACA & TT may get 600000 viewers, the Chase average 1.5 million and I would suggest double next Weds.

They did a press release 3 weeks ago saying they would be arrested during Apec. Well they did..
pies4ever Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:09 am

APEC's $250m security cracked by comics
September 07, 2007

THE TEAM from hit ABC television show The Chaser's War on Everything have been charged after driving a convoy through APEC's $250 million security blockade.

The comics from ABC's satirical The Chaser's War on Everything left authorities red-faced yesterday after the security breach only metres from the Sydney hotel where US President George W. Bush is staying.
Eleven people were charged, including stars Chas Licciardello, who sat in the back of one of the cars dressed as Osama bin Laden, and Julian Morrow, who posed as a security guard running alongside.

The 10 men and one woman were last night charged under new APEC laws on entering a restricted area without justification.

Police are furious about the prank.

"I don't see a funny side to what's happened today. I don't see a funny side at all," NSW Police Minister David Campbell said.

Opposition Leader Kevin Rudd said the Chaser team had "crossed the line".

Police apparently waved the comedy team through a roadblock into Sydney's restricted APEC zone.

A source inside The Chaser's War on Everything revealed the team had never expected to get so far.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22376204-661,00.html

member34258 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:29 pm

Tess wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Had to laugh at ACA and TT getting pay back on the Chaser guys. I will back money on it the Chaser has the last laugh. ACA & TT may get 600000 viewers, the Chase average 1.5 million and I would suggest double next Weds.

So would that constitute profiting from Crime?

Crime? What crime?

Doubt this will get to court.
member34258 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:00 pm

Tess wrote:
They have been charged.... again.

And as I said, doubt if this will get to court. Charge and use the charge as an excuse to keep them away. Drop the charge later as it will be laughed out of court.
The only reason that there is charges is because of the extreme humiliation that the NSW police are experiencing. They are a global laughing stock.
If they proceed with the charges only more egg will appear on the navy blue.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:11 pm

And they're allegedly shopping themselves around to the commercial networks for big bucks.

Maybe they can film a stunt about dropping the soap in the prison showers.

THAT would be funny.

member34258 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:00 am

Chris Murphy, one of Australia's best lawyers, has offered his services free of charge.
He says he would love to defend them in court.
"The police invited them in, twice. And then the chasers terminated the stunt"And of course, they have film of the events!
Plus, I've now seen the I.D. tags all the crew were wearing. It had in big yellow letters "INSECURITY". And didn't you just love the straight off the photocopier Canada signs in the cars windows.
Also saw the head NSW cop opining "we sent them maps, we told them they could not pull any stunts". Haha! So now the police believe they can tell people how to live their lives?
What a joke the NSW police are. And what a waste of $70 million.
Chris Murphy summed it up best when he said it was a joke and the rest of Australia is laughing. Maybe the rest of the world!
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:00 am

That eagles gag was one of the best with the white powder. Kerr laughing so much but not many other eagles doing the same. It is a very entertaning show, and I look forward to watching the replay of Wednesdays show in an hours time, I didn't realize they were back from there break.

They are Lawyers, so I doubt anything they do will get to court.

member34258 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:02 am

stui magpie wrote:
And they're allegedly shopping themselves around to the commercial networks for big bucks.

Again, bit short on facts.
The commercial networks were chasing the chasers 12 months ago, after their first series. The chasers decided, rightly so, that their form of comedy would be compromised by commercial realities.
Nothing has changed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: