Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Best and Worst of TV this year

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Chicks Channel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:32 am
Post subject: Best and Worst of TV this yearReply with quote

Got bored and was wondering what you all think of tv this year? What are your fave new shows and what do you think sucks?
For mine, I checked out Californication and I have to say, I'm the last person you'd call a prude, but it was just smut from beginning to middle to end. I mean, who wants to hear two women discussing whether one of them has trimmed her bush? (and I'm not talking about her hydrangias, ppl). I like a bit of sex in my viewing every now and again but an ageing David Duchovney just doesn't cut the mustard. And I think I can be more clever at times in some of my stories than the dialogue. About the only thing I thought was mildly amusing - and this was in the ad - was how he said to his ex wife "It looks like we're the proud parents of a lesbian daughter. Hive five!" My rating? Not recommended to anyone with more than a single brain cell to rub together. (not that brain cells are what they'll be rubbing, but I won't go there).

My fave new show this year has been Torchwood and that is only because I'm not overly enthused with any of the new stuff coming out of Australia. Gave City Homocide a look and it's not too bad but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it. Torchwood was just weird enough to suck me in, but the acting was totally shitful. Some of the storylines were interesting, the lead guy is a bit of a honey, and there was plenty of gore, which is always good. But I never got into Doctor Who so that part kind of turned me off it a bit. Heroes was good but they killed off my fave character, Peter. He was a spunk! Will be interested to know what happens next season.

Stuff I wish would come back - The Muppet Show (and get rid of Simpsons repeats), Smallville and Charmed. My favourite comedy at the moment is Thank God You're Here. I'm always amazed at how fast Frank Woodley and Hamish Blake can think on their feet. Tony Martin and Shaun Micallef are good value, too.

Can't wait for the new series of Prison Break and Supernatural. By the way, is anyone totally over Ugly Betty?!

bellastar 

got more wit, better kiss, a hotter touch, a better...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

californacation is just one of those shows that's contoversional just for the sake of it. yawn.

oh, and the lead actor from torchwood is actually gay. he's been with his boyfriend for about 15 years, or so i read.

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/musical_bellastar
magpiesgirl Aries

Crazy About Daisy!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:34 am

The one show Ive really liked this year thats new was Ugly Betty.

“I can honestly say there will never be another Strauchanie and the boys at the club can’t help but be thankful for that” -Nathan Buckley
luvlicca Virgo

Oh Nicky your so fine, your so fine you blow my mind!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:18 am

Yeah I rather liked Ugly Betty. I thought it was different, and I laughed a little too!! Always a good sign hehehe.

The other show this year I liked was How I met your Mother. I thought that was pretty good, and not your typical show. Bring on the new eps though 7 for gods sake!!!

But I am for some reason a big fan of Idol, and although it isnt new, I like watching it. I was going to audition this year but was sick so I couldnt, but I am definitely next year!!!

magpiesgirl Aries

Crazy About Daisy!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:07 pm

You're an Idol junkie!Lil miss karaoke queen!

“I can honestly say there will never be another Strauchanie and the boys at the club can’t help but be thankful for that” -Nathan Buckley
mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:59 pm

The thing with Ugly Betty was, I wasn't exactly a beauty queen in high school, so I kind of get where she's coming from, and some of the jokes by the bitchy Amanda and Mark really remind me of what it was like to be at school and have people say one thing and mean another. I'm over it!
Does anyone know whether Mark (Michael Urie) is related to Brendan Urie from Panic! At the Disco?

bellastar 

got more wit, better kiss, a hotter touch, a better...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:10 pm

no, he's not. i read it on the panic! boards. its just mere coincidence.
although the same thought crossed my mind Wink

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/musical_bellastar
mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:26 pm

Oh, alright, cool! Thanks, cos that was bugging me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Chicks Channel All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: