Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

RE: Collingwood Cheersquad!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaGPiE_MaGiC 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 11:55 am
Post subject: RE: Collingwood Cheersquad!!Reply with quote

Its came 2 my attention that our cheersquad is NOT loud enough. i have been a collingwood man since i was 5 years old and i think we should get louder and cheer on our team though thick and thin, some will not agree and some will agree but i sit in the southern stand myself.. and i do my best 2 bring the crowd alive .. and sometimes i achive, againt west coast, i brang em alive coz they we were just sitting there not cheerin on there team. The team needs more chants , more of the feelin, we aint @ no school football game..

Sorry if i have offened anyone but it had 2 be said..
btw: Joffa I know u can do better, i have seen u fired up.. come LETS DO IT AGAINIST the fkn mighty dawks i mean hawks..

WE COME AS ONE
WE LEAVE AS ONE
WE ARE THE MIGHTY MAGPIES!!!

Go Pies!! 2002!!

[This message has been edited by MaGPiE_MaGiC (edited 13 April 2002).]

daicos4ever 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 12:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the great mispleasure of sitting next to the Richmond Cheersquad today. If you think our Cheersquad is poor then look at every other cheersquad in the League. Our is the best by a massive difference. Richmond for example, the only thing they did was the boring, dull and unoriginal 'richmond clap-clap-clap' thing. That's all they did. Our Cheersquad is easily the loudest, most vocal, most original, most creative in the League, bar none.

Don't ask me how I ended up going today either. Long story. But it has sorta helped me get over the debacle last night, albeit only slightly.

daicos4ever

2002 - The Year of the Pie
MaGPiE_MaGiC 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 12:07 pm

Well, i was sittin nextin the the carltons cheersquad, and they were loud on some parts of the game , but i dont classifly hit the signs wif the flags loud coz anyone can do that,

M 11 - 12 and M - 2 - 3 aint that far away, why cant i hear u guys screamin ... i heard the rest of the carlton morons scream and shout!!

WE COME AS ONE
WE LEAVE AS ONE

Go Pies!! 2002!!

magpie24 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 12:13 pm

Pretty hard to be LOUD when we are always losing.
You need the bays next to you to join in and they aint gunna join in when where losing?

******WE WILL RISE IN OUR OWN WAY*****
MaGPiE_MaGiC 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 12:23 pm

so what if we are losin? support ur team , if ur a black and white blood u would b louder, and secondly good old "eddie" didnt sleep for 3 nites coz he was so pumped up .. he still screams and shouts , he did it against west coast , we losin againt em , i didnt hear u's that much, untill the last 5minz of the game..

sowwie if im offened anyone..

im just puttin my point across!!

WE COME AS ONE
WE LEAVE AS ONE

Go Pies!! 2002!!

magpie24 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 12:35 pm

Magpie magic, i am not a member of the CS but i have been watching them from the top deck of the ponny and they try very hard to get the crowd going.

If Eddies so pumped up why does he choose to comentate on 9 friday night when we are playing?

******WE WILL RISE IN OUR OWN WAY*****
MaGPiE_MaGiC 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 12:42 pm

Magpie24: Only because Tim Lane left the our channel 9 team.. i have heard em louder @ the CShit...

WE COME AS ONE
WE LEAVE AS ONE

Go Pies!! 2002!!

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 12:45 pm

we need as many c'wood fans in the same area as possible. I was in M4, with a big bunch of carlton supporters behind us (those who were involved in the brawl). in the face of this, I don't blame people in M4 for not wanting to cheer too hard. it makes no sense to separate c'wood fans in this manner through seating arrangements. e.g. why were legends members seated that close to the opposition cheersquad while the c'wood cs were at the opposite end?

bring on the 16,000 home and away seats dedicated to the c'wood social club in the MCG I say. then you will hear some noise!!

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 1:05 pm

... oh here we go again ...

... they're racing ...

... let's knock the Cheer Squad ...

... it's the Cheer Squad's fault .

Listen Magpie Magic ... as a musician, my voice is pretty damn important to me. And every week, without fail, during the football season, I frig my voice up trying to get the crowd going. I frig it up so bad that I invariably can't sing for the next two days. Christ knows what long-term damage I do.

And then there's the headaches. And the ever-present risk of a stroke that is always there when you're yelling your bloody heart out and the team is three goals down.

I often wonder whether it's worth it, I really do.

The Cheer Squad is a couple of hundred people in a crowd of 60,000 ... And last night we chanted to the bitter bloody end ... and it was a BITTER bloody end. While hundreds, probably thousands of so-called Collingwood fans streamed out of the ground to avoid the humiliation of hearing Lily Of Laguna yet again, there we were trying to keep the spark of hope alive.

If you're looking for someone to blame, MagpieMagic, look somewhere else ... because the Collingwood Cheer Squad is the best in the A.F.L., bar none.

And if you fancy yourself as a bit of a chant-leader, come down and try out with us sometime. I'd love to check out your style. Who knows? You might even get the job when Joffa and myself drop dead from sheer exhaustion.

But be warned ... it's hard work ... and there's a long queue of knockers waiting in line to kick you when you're down. And a lot of them wear the black and white colours.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
MaGPiE_MaGiC 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 1:31 pm

AFL Andrews:

If you are the best in the AFL, why dont u just prove it 2 me on Saturday against the dorks, and BE LOUD and PROUD .. i know u and joffa do ur job well, but it the others around u, what is bangin on the fance wif a flag pole? thats a load of shit i have seen in my life..

There Is Only One Team, One Cheersquad, so try tell the rest 2 b louder...

WE COME AS ONE
WE LEAVE AS ONE

Go Pies!! 2002!!

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 4:42 pm

Hey Magpie_Magic.....
instead of caning.... why dont u come down and join us.....

We dont have to prove anything to you or anyone...
We know what WE can do.... but we dont know what YOU can do...

Lets see what sort of a difference you'll make...

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(September.... we WILL be there)

[This message has been edited by cobood (edited 13 April 2002).]
MaGPiE_MaGiC 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 6:11 pm

Cobood:

I have prove myself plenty of times..

1st of all was against north melbourne last year, hittin David King and was on the game about 5times on replay..

Secondly i was on TV screaming and shoutin for 4 QTRS and noone has been on TV that many times when u sit on the 50 mark or around 70 metres out 2 be extact.. cos the ball doesnt come that way that much so, dont start..

If u ask anyone near me, they will tell u, im loud and proud 2 support my team even if they wooden spoon favorites..

WE COME AS ONE
WE LEAVE AS ONE

Go Pies!! 2002!!

Lisey_JarrodMolloyrox 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 6:55 pm

I think they are loud! Love alwaze,
Alyssa xoxoxo 14 in 33 days!!

*~LiSeY~*
I Love Jarrod, He's The Best, He's the best player in the black and white vest!!!

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 7:00 pm

Yeah that was interesting reading, well i dont get to upset anymore when people say we should be louder or we should be this or we should be that,and your probably right maybe we could of been louder last night but let me tell ya it was bloody hard work as it rained on us during the whole game, the pies were down just about all night but i actually thought at some stages during the night we were pretty sensational as we got all surrounding bays joining in, there seems to be this thing where non cheer squad people think we are just unemotional robots well let me tell you as the night went on the more gutted we all
became, its sometimes hard not only to fire up yourself but to get others fired up and in my case especially the last 2 weeks as i have been battling this russian flu thats going around, at times last week i just had to sit down as i was literally scared of collapsing so as you can see its been a hard couple of weeks.
In any case i thought against that the west coast game the cheer squad was exceptional, as far as chants go i can assure you that out of all the cheer squads we have the most number of chants and we are constantly comming up with new ones, during the last quarter of last nights game i just had to sit down and alf took over and i thought under the circumstances did a very good job.
magpie magic when i step down at the end of this year as chant leader your most welcome to throw your hat into the ring,but be prepared to spend many hours at committee meetings and even longer hours at preparing the banner each week and like alf said be prepared to cop shit from your own supporters and plenty of it.

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 7:12 pm

Good on ya Joffa, i reakon you are doing a bonza job mate.just love seeing you guys going off on the tv....I wish i could be there with you, any chance of an invite to jon you if i get down there for a game, this year, it would be my honour mate...

Cheers

Northern Pie

oh what night do you make th banner etc.....would love to plan my holiday so i could be there for that too....

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: