Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Magistrate cuts dog basher's sentence after hate mail

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pies4ever Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:57 am
Post subject: Magistrate cuts dog basher's sentence after hate mailReply with quote

Magistrate cuts dog basher's sentence after hate mail
August 29, 2007

A MAN who kicked a puppy almost to death has had his jail sentence halved because of hate mail from animal lovers.

Magistrate Len Brear sentenced Benjamin Gerrey, 27, to six months' jail for his drunken attack on his doberman puppy, Mishka.

But Mr Brear suspended three months of the sentence because Gerrey had been "bullied" by dog lovers.

He said the flow of venomous letters, e-mails and phone calls to Ringwood Magistrates' Court and Gerrey's family bordered on contempt.

Mr Brear said the hate mail began after coverage of the hearing six weeks ago, at which Gerrey was convicted of two cruelty charges and banned from owning a pet for five years.

"People who write these letters are bullies. More often than not they are sick in the head," he said.

"Such communications are contemptuous of the court. It may border on an attempt to pervert the course of justice.

"The court condemns this sort of communication."

Mishka is still traumatised 18 months after the attack and is kept behind bars at the RSPCA Burwood headquarters. She is physically fit, but not psychologically ready yet to put her trust in people.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22324817-2862,00.html

Syd_Magpies_Girl Gemini

The Russell Street Pole Dancing Bogan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

This magistrate is a moron.

My dog was kicked in the head by one of our stupid neighbours when he was a pup, now he won't let any strangers pat his head, he just starts yelping and crying. We're still trying to get the prick charged as there were about 12 witnesses in our street who saw it happen.

spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:08 pm

Bloody Discrace. Mad Mad Mad Great message to send out to all the "tough" people in this world who want to vent their anger on poor animals.

People that are cruel to animals tend to be very nasty people overal. I believe research has shown that many criminals, were very cruel to animals in their younger years.

Hence why I teach my son to love and appreaciate all animals that are on this earth and to never, ever be nasty to them.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:41 am

Am I missing something here? A man convicted for almost kicking a puppy to death gets half of his jail sentence suspended because of hate mail he received from dog lovers. WTF???
The judge says that "these people" are bullies, oh that poor little dog basher. Rolling Eyes Who the hell is supposed to be on trial?

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:44 am

I can't even bring myself to watch this sort of thing on TV, let alone read it...saw the headline and was sickened. Animal cruelty is friggen low. They should be strung up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: