Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 652, 653, 654 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:55 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

pietillidie wrote:
Valentine's Day - best atmosphere in Dublin so far! Sunny morning, followed by a hail storm! Much more romantic than it sounds, as we sip wine and order! Very Happy

While you're on Nicks Wink
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:26 am

luvdids wrote:
pietillidie wrote:
Valentine's Day - best atmosphere in Dublin so far! Sunny morning, followed by a hail storm! Much more romantic than it sounds, as we sip wine and order! Very Happy

While you're on Nicks Wink

Haha, as explained in another thread, the Beloved One had slipped out to the Ladies Very Happy Still, a risky endeavour, agreed!

I just moved this over from another less appropriate thread:

Morrigu wrote:
pietillidie wrote:
Haha, I'm in a restaurant in Temple Bar on the red

Well that explains it then sure it does - must be on an Irish red – be afraid people - very afraid - all people here and there Wink Razz

The atmosphere was really nice in there today; we headed in early to avoid the tourists. Lots of couples doing the Valentine's Day thing, market stalls open, and quite a different mood from the usual evening there, as you can imagine.

A few quiet street snaps before the crowds arrived:

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/files/temple_bar_3_269.jpg
http://magpies.net/nick/bb/files/temple_bar_2_885.jpg
http://magpies.net/nick/bb/files/temple_bar_1_155.jpg
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:44 am

The Temple Bar:

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/files/the_temple_bar_1.jpg
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:55 am

stui magpie wrote:
^

If it is, nothing wrong with that. Red is supposed to be drank at room temperature AKA around 21c. I've put cab shiraz in the fridge for a while on hot days to bring it back down or throw an ice cube or two in it.

Noting is worse than going to a restaurant and having very warm red wine served due to the high temperature of where it is stored. Whenever this happens I send it back.

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:16 pm

Given this as a bonus a few days ago for a delivery not far down the road from home.
It's laminated, in good nick and I think I have the perfect frame for it.
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:20 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

If it is, nothing wrong with that. Red is supposed to be drank at room temperature AKA around 21c. I've put cab shiraz in the fridge for a while on hot days to bring it back down or throw an ice cube or two in it.

A cool red is the perfect for tonic for a hot day on central highlands.
Ice? I only use distilled rainwater but it usually doesn't get a chance to melt and it doesn't affect the flavour (it's usually from a cask).
At worst it makes the whole experience last a little longer and means I can drive the car sooner and I don't fall over as often.
It's even better with a fine mug of filtered coffee.

Hmmm storing a caskof red in the fridge, now there's an idea. Idea
hic...

Last edited by 3.14159 on Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:03 pm; edited 4 times in total
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:38 pm

Ah, the old chateau carboarde.

On a hot day I reckon chill it, 3/4 fill a jug, add a decent splash of tequila, cointreau and vodka, a bit of fruit salad and some ice and enjoy. Wink

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:46 pm

These days I'm a 2 glass man these daes.
If I even thought I could drink that much (in one go) my liver would put in it's letter of resignation...
We were on bad terms for while there but we've patched things up and come to an understanding both of us can live with.

cheers Stui.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:50 pm

nice shots PTID !

But go somewhere better to show me my old country - I'm not a fan of Dublin - I want to see Galway, Donegal, Kerry, the Antrim coast , Derry , the Connemara and my county - Tipperary!!!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:22 am

Morrigu wrote:
nice shots PTID !

But go somewhere better to show me my old country - I'm not a fan of Dublin - I want to see Galway, Donegal, Kerry, the Antrim coast , Derry , the Connemara and my county - Tipperary!!!!

Ah, so that explains why I always think your about to burst into song!

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:54 am

My brother made me happy, he's doing the 50km MS Melbourne Cycle again to raise money for multiple sclerosis. Terrible disease that our sister was diagnosed with a few years ago.

I know times are tough, but if anyone has spare $$$ please help him along and help find a cure. They are always coming up with new treatments for MS so all money does go towards great work.

http://www.msmelbournecycle.org.au/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=1536
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:51 am

Great neighbours: A Uyghur family, who are really friendly and culturally interesting, and a nice old Irish bloke. We have banded together to improve our building.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:31 pm

Went to OPSMC today, bunch of fat old dudes running around our training field, bummer, drove, into car park, oh my starts, half naked storm players by the dozen, is that a hot sweat? Nearly crashed the car! Had the wrong daughter with me, would have shoved junior out! Finally recover composure, and oh oh oh it's Nick Maxwell! Slam on the brakes, eldest and her BF think I'm nuts! Got synvisc injections in both knees, feeling young again! Lunch at Grilled with wine probably helped too! Gees good food but you need to take out a bank loan for it!

Cheers!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:44 pm

think positive wrote:
Went to OPSMC today, bunch of fat old dudes running around our training field, bummer, drove, into car park, oh my starts, half naked storm players by the dozen, is that a hot sweat? Nearly crashed the car! Had the wrong daughter with me, would have shoved junior out! Finally recover composure, and oh oh oh it's Nick Maxwell! Slam on the brakes, eldest and her BF think I'm nuts! Got synvisc injections in both knees, feeling young again! Lunch at Grilled with wine probably helped too! Gees good food but you need to take out a bank loan for it!

Cheers!

What else is Dr Dank inject?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:10 pm

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:

Cheers!

What else is Dr Dank inject?

Hehe not sure what was in the other needles! I got the first in each knee, I'm like, ok see you next year, he says, no no no that's just the warm up, now for the horse stuff!

But yeah reading that I was a little hypo!

(I blame those bare chests.....excuse me I need a minute!)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 652, 653, 654 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 653 of 866   

Jump to: