Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 651, 652, 653 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:13 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Knocked off early yesterday, got the whole weekend to chillax and do stuff at home for once. Very Happy
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:55 am

stui magpie wrote:
Knocked off early yesterday, got the whole weekend to chillax and do stuff at home for once. Very Happy

Noice.

Back to wok today after 3 days off. Soooo tempting to take a sickie. Still, there's the footy season to consider.

Not too many down the pool this morning.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:57 am

Morrigu wrote:
^ I'm not allowed to dive got a fcked mitral valve from Rheumatic Fever - better get the hubby lessons - can't have a bottle of Bushmills languishing all alone at the bottom of a pool Razz

Snorkelling is still great fun.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:02 am

Where did [quoteMorrigu]^ he or she'm not allowed to dive get a fcked mitral valve from Rheumatic Fever - better get the hubby lessons - can't have a bottle of Bushmills languishing all at the bottom of a pool P[quote] Snorkelling is great fun?
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:24 am

3.14159 wrote:
A while a ago a young friend of mine came and visited me for a week-end.
It was great and apart from the cold he had only 1 complaint, my old bottle-opener didn't come with instructions.
I promised to find him one that would suit (I don't like complaints when it comes to my hospitality).
It took a while but I did..(kinda, a bottle -opener with instructions:? ...huh?)
I also promised him (a week or two ago) it would be in the mail asap but there was one problem, if I gave him mine I wouldn't have an opener handy if I needed one.
I'm a generation Xer so Yesterdae I decided enough was enough and I went into the shed, rummaged around, found a nut and bolt I wasn't using (they were different sizes for a start).
I drilled a hole in the nut and then hit it with the angle grinder, ground down the bolt on a bench grinder and hammered the to twogether*.
What I got was perfectly satisfactory for what I wanted (it fitted on my key-ring and opens bottles) so I'm happy.
This a.m I went down to the post office and put the promised one in an envelope and posted it off to the promising one.
I hope he likes it and heeds the warning contained in the note I added.Wink
Cheers Young(ish) man...etc HICK!

Wink

*please pardon my spelling Tony (it to is mine and I kinda' don't mined the odd lapse or 3.).

Is that ice in the glass of red?? Shocked
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:40 pm

^

If it is, nothing wrong with that. Red is supposed to be drank at room temperature AKA around 21c. I've put cab shiraz in the fridge for a while on hot days to bring it back down or throw an ice cube or two in it.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:44 pm

I put it in the fridge, but ice makes it taste like crap!
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:59 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

If it is, nothing wrong with that. Red is supposed to be drank at room temperature AKA around 21c. I've put cab shiraz in the fridge for a while on hot days to bring it back down or throw an ice cube or two in it.

Fridge - good. Ice - bad. Ice melts & becomes water, you're therefore left with watered down red wine. Ewww.

BTW, 'room temperature' for red was established in Europe, where room temperature is a lot lower than in Aus. The optimal drinking temperature for red is around 13-15c. Mine goes in the fridge for half hour before drinking.

Ha, just googled to see if I was accurate, and I was pretty spot on, which doesn't happen often!

https://www.vintecclub.com/best-temp/
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:06 pm

LOL, OK, but Australian reds go well at Australian room temperature. Wink
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:24 pm

But they go better at optimal Wink
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:25 pm

Like who, specifically?
partypie 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:06 pm

if you're not in a hurry to drink your opened bottle of red, ( or white ) storing it in the fridge will reduce oxidisation and help it stay tasting good for longer.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:43 pm

Back on Happy, called into Dan Murhpies this morning, members special 6 packs of SOL for $10. Got 2 and some limes from Woolies.

While they were chilling, mowed and whippersnipped the lawns then got one of the two waterwheels installed. Fkn ground was hard but got the post holes dug and got it up.

Son reckoned there was no way in hell I'd be able to do it on my own, he's starting to do the "you're not 25 anymore, you can't do that shit anymore, call me for help" and as much as he's right, that just triggers my stubborn streak. So while I can't just apply brute strength and ignorance anymore, I can still apply reasonable strength and brains. Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:48 pm

Wheel looks good!

Just finished the ROC race! Thank god junior is driving, after running the gauntlet against huge balls, a massive sweeping boom, foam, lots of very big water slides, trying to jump across those big balls finished my poor old back off! So much fun and 5 klm and 80 min later I have massive respect for anyone who ever attempted wipeout!

Ugh sooooo knackered!

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:43 pm

Valentine's Day - best atmosphere in Dublin so far! Sunny morning, followed by a hail storm! Much more romantic than it sounds, as we sip wine and order! Very Happy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 651, 652, 653 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 652 of 866   

Jump to: