Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 576, 577, 578 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Morrigu wrote:
Hey Stui just curious do you like or enjoy those team days or butcher paper sessions - do you think they actually achieve anything meaningful or just a day away from work for most?

I would rather stab myself in the eye with a knife used to dissect maggot ridden corpuses - thankfully I have never been to one or any social thing anywhere I have worked - that makes me happy Razz

Because we work on our own almost all of the time (sole practitioners so to speak) the whole team does not get together much. Once a year we have a planning day. This is where we are told what will happen for the rest of the year (I think that's called consultation). The last 5 minutes is devoted to any issues from us. Wink

Last year it was the introduction to the Mental Health Act 2014 as the main issue we had to get our heads around.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:41 am

Same sort of boat WPT that is why I was curious - I have a meeting with my team of me frequently usually on the back deck with a coffee but I rarely agree with me and I have given up on Chris Kringle as I am not sure what to buy myself or even if I deserve anything!

And sometimes I make happy thread but sometimes I really piss me off and think I want a new boss Very Happy

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:09 am

When started my new job I was told that management is very big on team bonding activities and attendance was compulsory. The idea of walking into a room with butchers paper and forced audience participation fills me with terror.

Thankfully it turns out their idea of bonding is more winery tours and go karting.

#SIDEBYSIDE
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:01 am

Morrigu wrote:
Hey Stui just curious do you like or enjoy those team days or butcher paper sessions - do you think they actually achieve anything meaningful or just a day away from work for most?

I would rather stab myself in the eye with a knife used to dissect maggot ridden corpuses - thankfully I have never been to one or any social thing anywhere I have worked - that makes me happy Razz

Depends. I've been on a few of them over the years, the residential ones tend to be opportunities to get hammered in the evening more than anything else. I think they can vary depending on how they're done.

This one had a simple aim, get a lot of people together who don't really work together but what they do can impact on other areas, give them some group development from some guest speakers and give each area a chance to tell everyone else what they do.

So no butchers paper, sticky note brainstorming sessions, reporting back or setting goals or priorities. Boss kept it simple and it was pretty good as far as these things go.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:47 pm

Achieved a lot today.

Finally got the new myob on both my laptop and pc, and they both work. Finally got my laptop working properly, (well ok, dell did it for me!)
The agent rang me yesterday looking to sell the house! Well he got me just at the wrong time! I'd just tracked down the new agent, and discovered my agent gave the scum suckers a reference. A good one! So yeah, he got both barrels, and more! I actually said sorry cos he's a nice guy. And then reloaded.

So him and the boss guy from the agency met me at the house, and are going to take some pics next week and call in the assessor. (My agent just wanted to submit a claim AFTER we fix the joint! Um no!) so I'm getting some help now! And after the third call and god knows how long on hold, I think the power may actually go on tonight!

Last edited by think positive on Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:26 pm

Phew last appt at the haematologist with mum before I take off to Africa - all good thankfully Very Happy

Poor doc not used to our sense off humour nearly fell off his chair when mum said "Oh well she put it off last year but I won't die so I have to let her go whilst she can still get up the mountain to see the relatives ( the mountain gorillas) Laughing

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:29 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Phew last appt at the haematologist with mum before I take off to Africa - all good thankfully Very Happy

Poor doc not used to our sense off humour nearly fell off his chair when mum said "Oh well she put it off last year but I won't die so I have to let her go whilst she can still get up the mountain to see the relatives ( the mountain gorillas) Laughing

Hehehehehe! That's just the best news, so glad to hear xxx

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:29 pm

Worked the gate for Glenorchy today, dad and I were helping with the raffle we made the junior footy club well over 100 dollars in ticket sales. Even better Glenorchy won, they won the development league and are sitting on top of the ladder.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:33 am

The Prototype wrote:
Worked the gate for Glenorchy today, dad and I were helping with the raffle we made the junior footy club well over 100 dollars in ticket sales. Even better Glenorchy won, they won the development league and are sitting on top of the ladder.

Well done

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:59 pm

(yesterday)

First time as a family we have been to the footy (tin lids 3 & 5 - friggin hard work keeping them occupied)

Collingwood paying $2.90 head to head (I had a $50 on that action)

Bomber hoon hit a bollard after losing it in the car park on the way out.
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:37 pm

think positive wrote:
Well done

Thanks,

I had a good Auskick session this morning had another kid register to join, as well as one who is my next door neighbour. So it was a good day, feeling a little sore though but the kids had fun.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:03 pm

I SO SO SO want this to be fact - and if it is happy won't cut it bloody ecstatic will be an understatement!!!!

The Professional Hunters Association of South Africa (PHASA) has claimed on their website that South African Airways (SAA) Cargo has placed an embargo on the transportation of hunting trophies (rhino, elephant, lion and tiger) on its services worldwide.

This embargo is allegedly with immediate effect and no exceptions will be made, even if the shipper has a valid permit issued by the relevant authorities.

Many South African and international conservation groups have expressed thanks to South African Airways for their apparent bold and principled decision to assist authorities to combat illegal wildlife trafficking of ivory, rhino horn, lion and tiger bones.

The illegal trafficking of wildlife products has become a multi-billion dollar industry and the airways are constantly looking for new ways to combat the illegal trade. Recently sniffer dogs have been introduced to many of the international airports in South Africa.

SAA have also put their personnel through rigorous training in order for them to be able to identify various different wildlife products.

http://africageographic.com/blog/south-african-airways-cargo-to-ban-transportation-of-hunting-trophies/

Do it SAA!!!!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:38 pm

About bloody time isn't it. So good to see a lot of countries burning their stockpiles so it can't be sold, or exported.

One of the worse provinces in Vietnam will be totally free from bear bile farms as of I think it's about 15 May, the last bears are off to a sanctuary.

And with a lot of countries/states banning performing wild animal circus acts, seems humanity is having some wins. Still too late, but thank god it's coming.

The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:13 pm

I applied to volunteer for North Melbourne when they play Richmond down here, not expecting to be given a go, I got an email this morning and they've offered me the role of Fan Engagement Zone Assistant.

I guess all I've done for local footy kinda helped.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:39 pm

Got back from Hellfire pass and the River Kwai for ANZAC day (and managed to see the last 3 quarters of our game). Checked the footy tipping and I one off the pace out of 115000 and in 34 th place. And 4 in front of our comp where first prize is 1200 dollars. I am suffering physically though. We drank heaps.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 576, 577, 578 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 577 of 866   

Jump to: