Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 536, 537, 538 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Chat amongst yourselves.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:35 pm

HAL wrote:
Chat amongst yourselves.

We are!!

Send her over Stui, working 6 days a week, my house is a mess and it's driving me crazy! Had yesterday off but was crook so only did my wardrobe! And a shot load of paperwork!

Ps American honey is on special, that made me happy! And they are selling cute little casks of brown brothers moscato, shaped like a handbag, also on special

Hic!

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:38 pm

2 years on and the infection in my neck is almost completely gone, it's been helped by Laura the last few months. Almost 2 years since I began my radio career as well. I remember back to seeing the chemist about getting something for a rather large boil on my neck and being told to go to the Emergency Room as it was looking very serious.

I got told if I waited any longer I could have become very sick and even died, the other prognosis was that I could have spent the rest of my life in a wheelchair. First few months were hard to deal with the treatment going to the doctor almost every day, getting new dressing new holes poked into my neck.

With feeling better this year has been about making the most of life, been to Melbourne got to see the Pies live, got to meet some great people, met Laura who I love a lot and soon starting the coaching career.

Doing some great interviews with the radio now is also a positive would be better if there was some money involved, but I think being alive right now is enough to be happy about.

Oh, and I found I've lost more weight, I can wear this shirt I won, it was just a large, it's still a little tight but within a few weeks it will be fine. Smile

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:46 pm

The Prototype wrote:
2 years on and the infection in my neck is almost completely gone, it's been helped by Laura the last few months. Almost 2 years since I began my radio career as well. I remember back to seeing the chemist about getting something for a rather large boil on my neck and being told to go to the Emergency Room as it was looking very serious.

I got told if I waited any longer I could have become very sick and even died, the other prognosis was that I could have spent the rest of my life in a wheelchair. First few months were hard to deal with the treatment going to the doctor almost every day, getting new dressing new holes poked into my neck.

With feeling better this year has been about making the most of life, been to Melbourne got to see the Pies live, got to meet some great people, met Laura who I love a lot and soon starting the coaching career.

Doing some great interviews with the radio now is also a positive would be better if there was some money involved, but I think being alive right now is enough to be happy about.

Oh, and I found I've lost more weight, I can wear this shirt I won, it was just a large, it's still a little tight but within a few weeks it will be fine. Smile

gees that's a scary, but courageous tale all in one.

your doing great mate, and I hope Laura deserves you!!

ps: she sounds like a Gem. xxxx

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:47 pm

How does doing that make you feel?
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:21 pm

think positive wrote:

It has been quite the journey there, thankfully the worst is over now and it's healing nicely. Smile

Thanks, I've been trying to live more positively with the program I created, best thing would be a friend has taken it and seems to have worked for him. He's able to cope better in his job as a nurse.

She says I tick all her boxes and have been her rock, also says she doesn't know where she'd be right now if it wasn't for me being her rock. I am hoping to see her next week, I guess this week was about her getting some time to herself and such.

But she is a gem and hope that we can move forward now that she's getting everything her mind sorted as am I. Time will tell though. Smile

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:26 pm

The Prototype wrote:
think positive wrote:

It has been quite the journey there, thankfully the worst is over now and it's healing nicely. Smile

Thanks, I've been trying to live more positively with the program I created, best thing would be a friend has taken it and seems to have worked for him. He's able to cope better in his job as a nurse.

She says I tick all her boxes and have been her rock, also says she doesn't know where she'd be right now if it wasn't for me being her rock. I am hoping to see her next week, I guess this week was about her getting some time to herself and such.

But she is a gem and hope that we can move forward now that she's getting everything her mind sorted as am I. Time will tell though. Smile

just keep

THINKing POSITIVE!!

The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:56 pm

think positive wrote:
just keep

THINKing POSITIVE!!

Yeah I am trying very hard to, some days are easier than others.

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:57 pm

Think Positive.
(she knows what she's talking about).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:10 am

Having certain people show themselves up by their actions to be just what I said they were.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:49 am

Well, you know, I aim to please.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:30 am

The Prototype wrote:
think positive wrote:
just keep

THINKing POSITIVE!!

Yeah I am trying very hard to, some days are easier than others.

Do you have a local pool? On the odd occasion I swim laps I see a lot of folk with either injuries or a bit more work to do, walking laps, or kicking with a board. And some joining in with the oldies water aerobics classes. A t shirt or rash vest (you can get some trendy or plain black one under $20 at best and less or Kmart) and your boardies, and your set. It's cheap and won't just help with fitness (walking in deep water is harder than you might think!) but does wonders for your confidence. You might make some new friends too. It's easy on your joints. Though if that necks an open wound see a doc first about prolonged water effects. I hope I'm not presumptious, but you've spoke of lacking confidence, summers coming, hit the water and get some beach confidence before summer. A bit of pool work could have several benefits. When your feeling blue just getting out can really lift your mood. Walking through the door to anything new is always tough the first time, but then it gets easier. Cheers mate xxx

The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:00 am

think positive wrote:
Do you have a local pool? On the odd occasion I swim laps I see a lot of folk with either injuries or a bit more work to do, walking laps, or kicking with a board. And some joining in with the oldies water aerobics classes. A t shirt or rash vest (you can get some trendy or plain black one under $20 at best and less or Kmart) and your boardies, and your set. It's cheap and won't just help with fitness (walking in deep water is harder than you might think!) but does wonders for your confidence. You might make some new friends too. It's easy on your joints. Though if that necks an open wound see a doc first about prolonged water effects. I hope I'm not presumptious, but you've spoke of lacking confidence, summers coming, hit the water and get some beach confidence before summer. A bit of pool work could have several benefits. When your feeling blue just getting out can really lift your mood. Walking through the door to anything new is always tough the first time, but then it gets easier. Cheers mate xxx

I had gone to the pool with Laura in the city, there's one in New Norfolk that offers water aerobics I may look more into. I cannot actually swim, she was going to help me find confidence in the water, but we've not been back since the first week of September.

I grew a waterphobia as a kid because of ear problems, and after surgery I was told I couldn't get my ears wet or I'd go deaf. I almost drowned ironically at learn to swim class...But I am working on my issues, I will learn to overcome things. I've let a few issues get the best of me, and hopefully she will be there to help me through them all.

We hadn't talked much this weekend, it drove me insane, but she said goodnight to me. I do need to look at a lot of things, and getting out of my own head might be the start.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:53 am

Sorry sweety, I didn't think. Small steps, get comfortable with water first. Swimming is really amazing when your heavy, it just lightens the load (I swam when I was really pregnant!) and a lot of old guys with pot bellies seem to frequent pools early in the morning (I occasionally swim before work in summer) maybe doctors orders! I know my dad was still swimming until his knees meant he can barely walk. And he's probably well over 120kg now.

Getting out on your owns a big step, but going for a walk (do you have a beach or some safe bush land near by?) is a really great way to occupy your mind and help beat the blues. I love walking at the beach, the smell of salt air and all the birds talking to each other.

Will give you something to tell Laura too. Good luck mate, it's great you don't quit. You know, some times when I'm doing a mud run, or a colour fun run, I feel a bit embarrassed when the young things go flying past, cos I'm 51 with 2 crippled netball knees and my old lady shuffle is not as fast as it once was! And then I remember a pic I saw of a big guy doing a fun run, the back of his shirt said, "I might be slow, but I'm in front of you"! Or something like that! And you know what? He's dead right, I'm slow but I'm still lapping the guy on the couch! About to head out for a bike ride. Did a new shoulders/arms routine yesterday, and OMG my guns are killing me! And I work out all the time! You just gotta keep going.

Cheers mate, your journey over the past few years has been an inspiration.

Jo xxxx

The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:16 am

Thanks, I am going to try and be more active during summer, for now I am just going through some issues trying to keep my head above water. Laura and I haven't spent any time together since that week, she's not been talking to me as much. I don't know where that's headed.

What made me happy was seeing the burnt remains of the past, thanks to a friend who went camping he took a box of letters, cards, and old gifts from some girls i'd liked in the past, plus I wrote down everything that was causing me pain and it was torched.

'There's a little pile of ashes where my old life used to be.
Credit cards and memories all dumped into the sea.' - 'Live for The Moment' - Monster Magnet.

Probably a little dramatic, but my dvds now have a place in my wardrobe that used to be occupied by crap. We talked depression on the radio show Monday Night, I hope that my blogs and experiences have helped others find the strength to get help.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 536, 537, 538 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 537 of 866   

Jump to: