Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 535, 536, 537 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

And a handsome pic it is! Great stuff Michael xxxxx
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:21 pm

Great stuff, 3. Best of luck with the case!
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:22 pm

Thanks Jo and David*.
(and Tannin).

*I went to see some-one I thought might be interested in helping me out of my current jam...
I told her my problem and after a few questions and few phone calls she agreed to help me (largely) pro-bono.

The story in the paper was the gravy.

Last edited by 3.14159 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:02 am; edited 6 times in total
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:41 pm

The Prototype wrote:
Thanks I've been offered the coaching role with the Under 8's, I will be coaching at the level I began my footy career at the club. I'm excited.

That's fantastic. Good luck with the whole experience!

It should be very rewarding to teach the young kids the basics and philosophy of footy.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:16 am

Jezza wrote:
That's fantastic. Good luck with the whole experience!

It should be very rewarding to teach the young kids the basics and philosophy of footy.

Thanks, I agree it should be very rewarding to take so me of these kids and teach them the basics and then hopefully as we go on I can take them through the grades and help them into the future as well.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:41 am

Great stuff Proto. Good to read about your continuing progress. You should blog your local, might give others kids in the area the realisation that you can get out, and not be a victim of your surrounds. (This is my point of view from what your written in the past about the area you live in).

So Jezza, UNi over for the year, what's summer mean to you this year?

Don't you just love the happy thread?

The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:08 pm

think positive wrote:
Great stuff Proto. Good to read about your continuing progress. You should blog your local, might give others kids in the area the realisation that you can get out, and not be a victim of your surrounds. (This is my point of view from what your written in the past about the area you live in).

Thanks, I will do that it would be good for some who are from homes with some bad parents to see they don't have to follow that road. My uncle coached the team out this way, they slashed his tires when he helped an opposition kid who was injured.

Best thing will be I will be coaching in the Central Derwent part of the league, so I will be coaching closer to home. But later on it could change. I spent a little time where I am as a kid, and I think a lot seem to think they cannot get better in life.

Well with all that's happened to me, I've managed to make things work for me and not let it all get me down. I've been losing more weight as well, with thanks to Laura, I am just hoping that we're going to work out, she loves me I love her, but we're not together just yet.

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:31 pm

The Prototype wrote:
Thanks I've been offered the coaching role with the Under 8's, I will be coaching at the level I began my footy career at the club. I'm excited.

Good luck!!
It's a very rewarding experience.

Just by attending training twice a week and helping, plus helping on game day - on presentation night I ended up being thrown a t-shirt by the coach, told to jump in the team photo, and ended up officially "Assistant Coach" of the under 9's this year. Very Happy Was pretty chuffed actually.
Hoping to get a gig coaching under 10's (or 11's depending on numbers) next year.
(My eldest is 8 going on 15....... :lol : )

Proto - the feeling you get when some of the struggling kids start getting possessions based on some advice you've given them, is absolutely priceless mate!!
"Run to space when we have the ball", and "man-up" will become the 2 most used phrases of your life!! Very Happy Laughing

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:54 pm

Good stuff Dave, might help you with your fitness too, nothing like chasing lil tackers around, it's like herding cats.

For me, tomorrow's Friday and then I have a week off work.

Mum's doing really well 12 months on after the hip replacement but has lost the confidence to get in the car and drive any real distance so the only way to get her down here is to go and bloody get her.

So I'm driving up home on Saturday and do some stuff around the house for her that she can't do. Come back to Melbourne Monday and then take her out and about. I can't just put her in the house and ask her to relax, she'll get bored and start cleaning or rearranging things and I'll have to kill her. So I'll take her out visiting and shopping each day and tire her out, give her a busy week the opposite of her normal routine, then take her home probably Friday.

Then I'll need at least a day completely on my own before I go back to work.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:25 pm

think positive wrote:
So Jezza, UNi over for the year, what's summer mean to you this year

A bit of a break to catch up with friends, to do some work part-time, to get a head start on my subjects for next year and to travel a little over the summer period.

Looking forward to it.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:48 am

stui magpie wrote:
Good stuff Dave, might help you with your fitness too, nothing like chasing lil tackers around, it's like herding cats.

Mum's doing really well 12 months on after the hip replacement but has lost the confidence to get in the car and drive any real distance so the only way to get her down here is to go and bloody get her.

So I'm driving up home on Saturday and do some stuff around the house for her that she can't do. Come back to Melbourne Monday and then take her out and about. I can't just put her in the house and ask her to relax, she'll get bored and start cleaning or rearranging things and I'll have to kill her. So I'll take her out visiting and shopping each day and tire her out, give her a busy week the opposite of her normal routine, then take her home probably Friday.

Your a good son!

(Ps no harm in giving her a few hours to fix up the place, mothers just love that, just sayin!)

The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:26 pm

King Monkey wrote:
Good luck!!
It's a very rewarding experience.

Just by attending training twice a week and helping, plus helping on game day - on presentation night I ended up being thrown a t-shirt by the coach, told to jump in the team photo, and ended up officially "Assistant Coach" of the under 9's this year. Very Happy Was pretty chuffed actually.
Hoping to get a gig coaching under 10's (or 11's depending on numbers) next year.
(My eldest is 8 going on 15....... :lol : )

Proto - the feeling you get when some of the struggling kids start getting possessions based on some advice you've given them, is absolutely priceless mate!!
"Run to space when we have the ball", and "man-up" will become the 2 most used phrases of your life!! Very Happy Laughing

Thanks, yeah that's right I am looking forward to all that just sharing the passion I have with the kids who will want to learn the game and get the passion for the game as well. I wanted to be like my heroes Shane Fell and Peter Daicos back then and would always kick my footy around the yard and even the shopping centre over the road. I'd take it to school, to football games and such. I was very hyperactive as a kid I am not even sure why I was still a fat kid I'd exercise a lot playing footy every chance I got. Seemed the theory was my diabetes that went undiagnosed for years.

but anyway, I want them to have a better junior footy experience than I did, my last coach was a douche had no idea and never went to the meeting so we paid for that. He took me off and abused me once for no reason, his idea made me and other forwards virtually useless. Kids would try and kick all the goals without passing. Idiot.

stui magpie wrote:

Thanks, yeah I hope it will as well, it will certainly help me with my social skills and getting out there more and maybe I will make a few more friends as well that way. It will be good to give back to the club I have always loved and played a little for.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:10 pm

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Your a good son!

(Ps no harm in giving her a few hours to fix up the place, mothers just love that, just sayin!)

I know she loves it but it drives me nuts. I had to teach her to leave stuff the hell alone, she's not tidying things up she's screwing up my system.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:25 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Your a good son!

I know she loves it but it drives me nuts. I had to teach her to leave stuff the hell alone, she's not tidying things up she's screwing up my system.

Just think of the pleasure it will give her, allocate her one room, mess up the spare room a bit and say 'sigh, I just don't have time to finish this room'. Let go! Control freel Razz

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:28 pm

She can do whatever the hell she likes to the room she's sleeping in. Just keep out of the kitchen cupboards and away from the clean washing in the spare room.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 535, 536, 537 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 536 of 866   

Jump to: