Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 533, 534, 535 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
mandy wrote:
Just booked another trip to Bali in January. Smile

Explain to me the attraction, I've never been there.

Apart from "cheap", what does it have that, eg, Port Douglas doesn't have?

It was a great place 30 years ago. I can't go back now because I'm sure I'd cry.

i have been following bali on a fb page called lost bali. some of the contributors post photos of what bali looked like some 20-30 years ago particularly some of the popular thoroughfares in kuta. back then it was dirt tracks, lots of vegetation and so far removed from what it is today.

i only know of the bali i have gotten to know in the last three years. i have only been there twice but i find myself drawn to the place. low cost (and the throng of aussies) aside, the attraction for me is being in a different culture and seeing how the other half live. you do also get the trappings of western life. on that latter point, it grates on me no end when tourists complain that it's not like back home. wtf are they thinking when they go away?!

when last in bali, i spent a lot of time looking around denpasar and exploring areas outside of the main tourist precincts. i also went into the countryside, made sure i explored where the locals went. there is just a sereneness and simplicity about their life. the balinese are just such beautiful people. the javanese would sell their grandmothers if they thought a buck was in it.

to each his own stui. i'd certainly recommend to anyone to visit bali and to remind them that kuta does not equal bali.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:43 pm

mandy wrote:
Just booked another trip to Bali in January. Smile

congrats for your 5,000th post!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:06 pm

Slept past 5.30am for the first time in a month, oat pancakes for breaky, then the Melbourne amazing race from 9.30 til 3.30. With my beautiful 19 year old daughter, did some 15 plus Klm! (And rather fittingly, the last task was human bumper soccer right outside ......the westpac centre!) Nandos for late lunch dinner, watch the blacklist in the bath for 3 hours, and hubby brings home a bottle of American honey for me to drink while I watch the footage from the gopro I got for my birthday. Total bliss! Watching one more episode before sleep, what a truly terrific day!

Cheers xxxxx

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:38 pm

think positive wrote:
Slept past 5.30am for the first time in a month, oat pancakes for breaky, then the Melbourne amazing race from 9.30 til 3.30. With my beautiful 19 year old daughter, did some 15 plus Klm! (And rather fittingly, the last task was human bumper soccer right outside ......the westpac centre!) Nandos for late lunch dinner, watch the blacklist in the bath for 3 hours, and hubby brings home a bottle of American honey for me to drink while I watch the footage from the gopro I got for my birthday. Total bliss! Watching one more episode before sleep, what a truly terrific day!

Cheers xxxxx

fantastic stuff TP. Congrats to you & your daughter.

OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:22 pm

Just finished watching Nick Maxwell play his 200th game, again, on Fox Footy.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:24 pm

Try putting that in a more specific context.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:48 am

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:

Cheers xxxxx

fantastic stuff TP. Congrats to you & your daughter.

Wink thanks mate xx

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:08 pm

Life in a small town...

I wan't feeling to bright and cheery when I woke up or got out of the doctors later on.
I wanted to get out of Dodge for a bit so I rang my mate Kaye.
She had a story she wanted tell me so we went to lunch in nearby creswick.
Before we left were standing by her car.
She fumbled for the keys put her bag on the roof.
We were talking and went to take a quick look at the old diary across the road, got in the car and left.

Got to there and she noticed her bag wasn't in the car...oops!
She had her purse her phone diary medications and bunch other important stuff all in that bag.
Lunch was short and we high-tailed it home & searched all over the road near my place (and everywhere in between).
My friend isn't rich and hasn't lived here long and the only solace I could offer was...
a. I know everyone that lives on the dead-end street I live on and 1 of them must have seen it.
b. we could ring the ph and see if it gets answered!
D. we live in a small town that is full of decent people who do the decent thing if they can.
(don't get me wrong, they aren't all like that).
Anywae, we got home, I ring, no answer so we scoured the streets but found nothing.
It started raining hard and there was no point door-knocking so I served her tea, scones, a pep talk (and some cash) and she headed home.
I had another look around outside, heard the ph ringing so dashed in and picked it up.
It was a friend I hadn't seen in few months...
"Hey 3.some-one! Umm do you know a woman K.some-one?
Yupp, I've just had lunch with her... err is this about a bag?
He said "I saw it fall off the roof of a car but didn't have time to chase it down so dropped it over at her place."
I thanked him, we promised to catch up and I owe him one.
I rang K.
"Oh 3! I was just looking for your number, you won't believe it but I got my bag back!
I said" Yes I believe it, that was a friend of mine, he was driving past saw it fell off and picked it up.
Just as he was getting to your place he recognised my number and called me when he got home.

That is life in small town...(Sumdaes)

btb, for any still following/interested in the legal war* with my rubbish neighbour from hell, K had an interesting tale to tell.

"Saturday morning she flouncing around the main street flirting with any male that would give her the time of day when she suddenly had her car (a late model black Saab convertible) wheel clamped by the local police (for unpaid speeding fines).
At about 12.30 it was towed by the finance company that hasn't been paid months".

Hmmm, I thought I saw her dragging her carcass up the hill these last few mornings.
I was wondering why the sudden fitness craving...and where is her car?

Now I know! Very Happy

*went back to court last weak to see if there is any evidence I wasn't pulling out her rose bushes while she was anyway, or some such drivel.
There wasn't and will be going back again in 5 weeks time
The bright side is, after the 4th appearance we have gotten past the 5 minute mention and the mater will be heard soon,

... or so I'm assured! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:25 pm

I managed to do my best interview yet tonight, asked some good questions it flowed well and the guy wants to come back on the radio again. We had Sean Towner who wrote an article about himself coming out and how the AFL was ready for an openly gay footballer.

Guy seems like a very good guy as well, looking forward to talking to him again about football and his campaigns.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:54 pm

Signed a lease in Thailand today for a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom fully furnished house. Set up for cable and wifi. Communal swimming pool (with bar) and about 5kms from the beach. gated estate. Open air food market 5 minutes walk away. 520 dollars a MONTH. The girlfriend likes it and now we can get a dog. My Girlfriends Mum breeds these things, like a maltese terrier, and has one about 12 months old who limps after a motorbike hit him so they couldn't sell him. . Nice nature so I think we can give him a home. Given he is a bit woolly and a bung leg I might rename him Caff. We move tommorrow. Retirement is great. Took Boom and her son to an all you can eat seafood BBQ last night. A large Carlsberg for me, 2 waters and all the crabs, prawns, and bugs we could eat plus icecream. Total cost 40 dollars.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:06 pm

3.14159 wrote:
Life in a small town...

I wan't feeling to bright and cheery when I woke up or got out of the doctors later on.
We were talking and went to take a quick look at the old diary across the road, got in the car and left.

She had her purse her phone diary medications and bunch other important stuff all in that bag.
Lunch was short and we high-tailed it home & searched all over the road near my place (and everywhere in between).
My friend isn't rich and hasn't lived here long and the only solace I could offer was...
a. I know everyone that lives on the dead-end street I live on and 1 of them must have seen it.
D. we live in a small town that is full of decent people who do the decent thing if they can.
Anywae, we got home, I ring, no answer so we scoured the streets but found nothing.
It started raining hard and there was no point door-knocking so I served her tea, scones, a pep talk (and some cash) and she headed home.
I had another look around outside, heard the ph ringing so dashed in and picked it up.
He said "I saw it fall off the roof of a car but didn't have time to chase it down so dropped it over at her place."
I rang K.
"Oh 3! I was just looking for your number, you won't believe it but I got my bag back!
I said" Yes I believe it, that was a friend of mine, he was driving past saw it fell off and picked it up.
Just as he was getting to your place he recognised my number and called me when he got home.

btb, for any still following/interested in the legal war* with my rubbish neighbour from hell, K had an interesting tale to tell.

"Saturday morning she flouncing around the main street flirting with any male that would give her the time of day when she suddenly had her car (a late model black Saab convertible) wheel clamped by the local police (for unpaid speeding fines).
At about 12.30 it was towed by the finance company that hasn't been paid months".

Hmmm, I thought I saw her dragging her carcass up the hill these last few mornings.

Now I know! Very Happy

*went back to court last weak to see if there is any evidence I wasn't pulling out her rose bushes while she was anyway, or some such drivel.
The bright side is, after the 4th appearance we have gotten past the 5 minute mention and the mater will be heard soon,

... or so I'm assured! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Good stuff mate, sounds like a good day xxx

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:06 pm

The Prototype wrote:
I managed to do my best interview yet tonight, asked some good questions it flowed well and the guy wants to come back on the radio again. We had Sean Towner who wrote an article about himself coming out and how the AFL was ready for an openly gay footballer.

Guy seems like a very good guy as well, looking forward to talking to him again about football and his campaigns.

Well done xxx

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:10 pm

think positive wrote:
[quote="3.14159"]Life in a small town...

I rang K.

Now I know! Very Happy

... or so I'm assured! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes[/quote]

Good stuff mate, sounds like a good day xxx
What do you eat for lunch? Did you see the movie by Steven Spielberg?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:57 pm

The Prototype wrote:

Good stuff mate! Smile

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:38 am

think positive wrote:
Well done xxx

Jezza wrote:
Good stuff mate! Smile

Thanks, the interview got uploaded hopefully it sounds alright. Smile

http://mixitupradio.podomatic.com/entry/2014-10-27T07_43_21-07_00

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 533, 534, 535 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 534 of 866   

Jump to: