Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 530, 531, 532 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one. Rather romantic. Reminds me of when I used to write poetry for my girlfriend. Smile

Did she like it?

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:16 am

David wrote:
Nice one. Rather romantic. Reminds me of when I used to write poetry for my girlfriend. Smile

Did she like it?

She says she does, and says that she likes all my written work and that I am talented and the logo I made for the cover didn't do the awesome poems justice.

So I have made an alternative cover for the book of poems I have done for her that I hope to give to her tomorrow.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:59 am

Completed the poem book for Laura, not before time, aha. Getting to see her later today so I won't need to watch the AFL Grand Final. I just hope she likes the work I put into the book.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:34 pm

Goodonya Proto, hope it all works.

For me, just enjoying the warm weather.

Stuck a post in the ground in the backyard yesterday to serve as one end of a Hammock holder. Screwed some hooks into 3 different trees so I can move the hammock(s) around as required.

Mowed the back lawn, but had to buy a new lawnmower first as the old one shat itself, and bought a swimming pool on ebay.

4mx2mx1.3m. Comes with pump/filter etc, only cost $500. Figure I can do some landscaping, level out a patch of ground and see how it goes with a cheapie. I can put pool fencing at a couple of strategic points so I don't need to actually fence the pool.

Happy with that.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:19 pm

It's Friday Very Happy

And I've got my driveway back. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

To explain the last one, bloke who bought the house next door when the old guy croaked has gutted it back to the frame, extended it and decided to brick the exterior. Was a weatherboard.

So, the master bedroom, he wanted to extend the house out to basically the fence line and use the brick wall for that part as the boundary fence. Meh, I get an extra 10cm wide x 4m long piece of land. bad part was while he's been doing it the fence got ripped down, my gate got trashed and couldn't get in or out of the back yard through there and the drive way was reduced capacity because of bricks and shit. All of which I agreed to, no issue, just wasn't planning on it for as long.

So I flicked him a text on Wednesday asking when he was planning on doing that wall. I liked the reaction, all finished today.

So, the next question, do I stick the gate back that I had there or review the whole thing? I decided to review.

At work, I don't take "that's how we've always done it" as an excuse for anything else but to review the **** out of it and see how it can be improved. Once I thought about it, when I moved in here over 25 years ago the gate was where it is now. That one fell over so I put something up in the same spot. Didn't review whether it should change. Couple of iterations later, last version was a steel gate I got for nuffink with some pickets screwed to it. Not a bad job 10 or so years ago when I was short of coin, but I'm thinking it's done it's job.

The young bloke next door has cleaned up good and stuck a bit of temp fencing in the yard for me to keep the dawg in, giving me a whole big area to play in I hadn't considered before and a nice new brick wall to hand stuff off. I'm gonna have some fun cleaning up what's been a dead zone for 20+ years and reimagining how to use it.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:10 pm

Went for a lovely stroll in the beautiful sunshine in the city this morning with some PETA types - not all young though Wink Razz
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:38 pm

I'm so going to pay tomorrow, but damn got some stuff done today. Pretty much cleaned up the driveway area, gates gone, pulled the old tank and stand for heater oil off the chimney (that oil makes really good herbicide but smells like Kero), took a full trailer load to whittlesea tip, came home and refilled the trailer for a trip to the transfer station in the morning.

If I can move.

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:15 pm

Finished my chainsaw and timber harvesting course yeasterdae.
I'm now qualified to work on the CFA fire-line, thin forests for DEPI firewood collection and a bunch of other stuff like clearing dead falls from roads and train-lines.
Didn't really do it for the piece of paper (however handy it might turn out to be), I did it to learn a better/safer technique and how keep a saw running at peak efficiency.
I'll get my tree fallers licence in a month or so and maybe do a saw doctoring course next year.
Spent yesterdae in the Lerderderg forest and trimmed about 40 trees and ripped about dozen logs.
Got up at 5 and had to drive 50 k to pick up a young kid with no transport, and another 60 k to Baccus marsh and a 7 a.m start.
I was doing all my training on the biggest saw they had, an almost brand new 115 CC Stihl monster nobody seemed to mind me claiming for my own!
Got home last night absolutely effed and shaking in almost every bone in my body.
I'm early riser and don't like going to bed before 11 but last night I went to bed about 8 and didn't wake up till 7.30 this morning.
Stihl a bit buzzy todae but the aches have subsided and I am pleased.
I've never had any real formal qualifications but I now have a cert 1 chainsaw handlers licence.
When they send it to me I'm going it hang it in the pool room! Very Happy

Last edited by 3.14159 on Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:28 pm

3.14159 wrote:
Finished my chainsaw and timber harvesting course yeasterdae really pleased me.
I'm now qualified to work on the CFA fire-line, thin forests for DEPI firewood collection and a bunch of other stuff like clearing dead falls from roads and train-lines.
Didn't really do it for the piece of paper (however handy it might turn out to be), I did it to learn a better/safer technique.
Spent yesterdae in the Lerderderg forest and trimmed about 40 trees and ripped about dozen logs.
I was doing all my training on the biggest saw they had, an almost brand new 115 CC Stihl monster nobody seemed to mind me claiming.
Got home last night absolutely effed and shaking in almost every bone in my body.
I'm normally early riser and don't like going to bed before 11 but last night I went to bed about 8 and didn't wake up till 7 (a good hours sleep-in!)

I've never had any formal qualifications but I now have a cert 1 chainsaw handlers licence.
When they send it to me I'm going it hang it in the pool room!

I'll get my tree fallers licence when the Timber school in Creswick gets enough enrollments (in a month or so) and maybe do a saw doctoring course next year.
well done xxx
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:54 pm

Good on ya 3!!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:40 pm

3.14159 wrote:
Finished my chainsaw and timber harvesting course yeasterdae.
Didn't really do it for the piece of paper (however handy it might turn out to be), I did it to learn a better/safer technique and how keep a saw running at peak efficiency.
I'll get my tree fallers licence in a month or so and maybe do a saw doctoring course next year.
Got up at 5 and had to drive 50 k to pick up a young kid with no transport, and another 60 k to Baccus marsh and a 7 a.m start.
I was doing all my training on the biggest saw they had, an almost brand new 115 CC Stihl monster nobody seemed to mind me claiming for my own!
I'm early riser and don't like going to bed before 11 but last night I went to bed about 8 and didn't wake up till 7.30 this morning.
I've never had any real formal qualifications but I now have a cert 1 chainsaw handlers licence.
When they send it to me I'm going it hang it in the pool room! Very Happy

now there's some tertiary qualifications I can relate to . Good onya mate. Straight to the pool room.

The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:32 am

Haven't had the best few days, but got the DVDs for my birthday got the Nail Biters DVD set with a stress toy a Collingwood jumper inside it. The 1990 Victory Pack, Godzilla, and also got the 25th anniversary of Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Also heard back from the Glenorchy District Junior Football Club, I am looking to become an accredited junior footy coach.

Next season will be 20 years since my final game, I played 73 overall, injuries after the two knee injuries from the school and club put an end to all of that. Happy to be involved in any aspect of the local club that I can be.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:34 am

I can wait. I am a very patient .
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:39 pm

Watching tonights "blood-moon" lunar eclipse on the veranda with missus and the dog.
It's a beautiful still amd cloudless night.
the view is spectacular!

Kinds the kind words last week Stui Ken and Jo.
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:01 am

Great photo!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 530, 531, 532 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 531 of 866   

Jump to: