Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 849, 850, 851 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
The son is seeing a chick. She started a social media food raiser for the bushfires and got good traction, more than expected. Got donations of stuff from Costco and a bunch of other places, so the son came over tonight to borrow the Crewman ute so they can take all the stuff to some place near lilydale tomorrow.

First impressions, I could warm to this one.

Great stuff

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:35 am

Finished work on Friday evening / night. Lubed the bike. Got to sleep about 1240 am. Woke up at 6.am and while my riding colleagues pulled out decided to ride to Frankston again ( 75 km ) return journey. Left home at 7.00 got back at 9:20.

Strong southerly headwind and rain. Very few cyclists were stupid enough to do it. Had lots of fun riding hard into the wind. I was tempted to turn around at Mordialloc but thought that the more I work hard in rhythm then the better the return in terms of having a strong tailwind all the way home .

Pissed off there was no friggin’ tailwind of significance certainly nothing commensurate with the aforementioned headwind. I feel robbed. However, I did follow two riders from Frankston to Mordialloc who were doing about 34-38 km’s per hour.

I kept motoring home. Just loved it despite being cold, wet and sodden. Put the heater on at home and had a hot shower before work (late shift) in the ED.

Just love riding my bike ATM: feeling happy.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:03 am

stui magpie wrote:
The son is seeing a chick. She started a social media food raiser for the bushfires and got good traction, more than expected. Got donations of stuff from Costco and a bunch of other places, so the son came over tonight to borrow the Crewman ute so they can take all the stuff to some place near lilydale tomorrow.

First impressions, I could warm to this one.

Probably Coldstream CFA.

I spent yesterday driving to different places that had also been collecting things to donate, also from Facebook: old towels to one for animals, couple dozen packs of fruit cups for the fireys to another, toiletries for evacuated people to another.
Each house I went to had an enormous amount of stuff that people had been bringing around. Warms the heart.
Next is collecting stuff that Warriors 4 Wildlife have requested on their FB page.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:08 am

well done you
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:35 am

Thanks, and hoping my post didn't come across as big noting myself, more saying there's lots of things people can be doing, like Stui's son & GF, the amount people are giving is so pleasing. I'm so wary of giving money, not sure how much goes to the right places.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:48 am

^

Nah, well done you.

It was Coldstream CFA, the boy said he looked around first to make sure he could see some CFA uniforms before they unloaded. The crewman has one of those fibreglass annex that makes it like a station wagon or 4 door panel van, they had the space full crammed floor to ceiling

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:54 am

luvdids wrote:
Thanks, and hoping my post didn't come across as big noting myself, more saying there's lots of things people can be doing, like Stui's son & GF, the amount people are giving is so pleasing. I'm so wary of giving money, not sure how much goes to the right places.

There's another way to of donating recently set up by the Vic State Goverment & through the Bendigo Bank. The State Gov't will cover the administration costs and it's headed by Pat MacNamara ex Nationals Victoria head (he did a similar job some eyars ago under the then Brumby Gov't)

https://www.vic.gov.au/bushfireappeal

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:44 am

luvdids wrote:

No I didn’t take it that way, I was sincere. My oldest sister is doing heaps from fund raising to crocheting (I had no idea she could!) pouches to fund raising with a rescue place. I have some material to make some pouches, I’ve donated and bid on a rescue centre auctions. Unfortunately I’m pretty incapacitated for a few weeks with a moon boot, but I’ll applaud anyone getting out there and doing the rounds .

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:45 am

watt price tully wrote:
luvdids wrote:

There's another way to of donating recently set up by the Vic State Goverment & through the Bendigo Bank. The State Gov't will cover the administration costs and it's headed by Pat MacNamara ex Nationals Victoria head (he did a similar job some eyars ago under the then Brumby Gov't)

https://www.vic.gov.au/bushfireappeal

Good info ta

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:00 pm

Got some more weatherboards up. had to wait til it stopped drizzling but I'm not complaining about the rain.

Interesting exercise putting up 5m long weatherboards on your own, needs patience. Rip the old ones off only 2 high from where I'm working, get rid of the old nails and other junk. I can't go full length of the wall as there's a water tank in the road, so I cut off the old weatherboards using a cordless multi tool at a stud so I can butt join them and nail on.

I've pretty much done all the long straight ones, tomorrow the fun starts when I have to shape one around the bottom of windows, then I'll be doing short ones between windows which will be quicker and easier.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:39 pm

luvdids wrote:

I spent yesterday driving to different places that had also been collecting things to donate, also from Facebook: old towels to one for animals, couple dozen packs of fruit cups for the fireys to another, toiletries for evacuated people to another.
Each house I went to had an enormous amount of stuff that people had been bringing around. Warms the heart.
Next is collecting stuff that Warriors 4 Wildlife have requested on their FB page.

Brilliant!! Rhino horn coffee are donating all to wildlife rescue - we have been inundated with orders from Oz, USA and Germany mainly - I think I will be spending hours in the post office this week - all good!!!

Been wandering around the wards sourcing out of date dressings and IV fluids etc for the wonderful vets and animal rescue collective - found quite a few Wink

Every little helps whatever people can manage!!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:15 pm

so i had to google that! very cool facebook page, ill have to put an order in! cheers
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:41 pm

think positive wrote:
so i had to google that! very cool facebook page, ill have to put an order in! cheers

Shannon who set it up is ex ADF - Scott and I do all the orders ( volunteers no cash for us of course) our spare room is full of tee shirts coffee etc Very Happy
Usually the funds go to the IAPF but this month they are being directed to Oz wild life

You should check out Akashinga https://www.iapf.org/akashinga/
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:17 am

Cheers I’ll check it out in the morning
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:31 pm

Back up in Toc for some alone time and heat.

Got the dunny fixed, guys came around replaced the inlet valve in the cistern and the inlet pipe.

Did some watering and chilled out. Tomorrow I'll mow before the heat kicks in, go for a swim and adjust the timers on the watering system which apparently contravenes the current water restrictions Embarassed then just chill again, come home Friday.

My son doesn't like this place cos it's small and very basic, which is the exact reason I love it.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 849, 850, 851 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 850 of 866   

Jump to: