Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 841, 842, 843 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Skids wrote:
Yes, enjoy the time off WPT!

I do love this lifestyle, 14 days on, 14 days off. You're pretty knackered after 14 straight 12 hr shifts up here + the call outs. First 2 days home I pretty much just chill. Taking Aria to the beach tomorrow, she's talking heaps now and we do the face time thing nearly every night. She gets so excited about Grandad taking her to the beach Smile
I know you're not meant to have favourites, but she just melts me.

Cheers Skids

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:00 pm

Went round to Mum's: she wasn't home so made her bed: she forgets to change her sheets, so stripped the bed, clean sheets on and pillow slips. Put the unwashed sheets and other things in the washing machine, took the poop out of the cat litter, that was clean enough, took the rubbish home (her bin was full), and had bought her a 15kg bag of Cat litter which was $4 off from safeway.

What made me happy is that she noticed! She called me express thanks that it was done: and she's already hung the sheets out to dry.

Met with a My Aged Care coordinator and Mum is actioned for level 2 while awaiting a Level 4 funding which she is approved for.

THis hopefully will include an extra 2 hours cleaning, someone to go walking with her two days a week, someone to cook with her 2 days a week and someone to take her to see a physiotherapist once a week.

If working well this can serve to keep her at home for a good few years yet and means Mrs WPT & I don't have to do everything or at least feel as we're doing everything.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:34 pm

Rode to Frankston and back this morning through mist, showers and rain for brief periods.Now need to wash my bike after getting it serviced and cleaned last week
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:59 pm

kudus on both, good luck with your mum, it aint easy

you get your bike serviced??

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:21 pm

think positive wrote:
kudus on both, good luck with your mum, it aint easy

you get your bike serviced??

Cheers TP

This is from the Rapid Wrench who come to your place (or workplace) to do the service

Recommended every 6-12 months, or every 3-6 months if ridden multiple days per week. Also a great option before long bike tours, or after muddy rides.
This ensures your bike lasts for as long as it should: smooth, clean, quiet, and safe.

General service looks something like this:

- Check drive-train for wear
- Chain and chain-rings degreased on-bike.
- Cassettes are cleaned in our parts washer
- Replace gear and brake cables as necessary (new cables $5)
- Derailleur hanger alignment
- Gears adjusted to run smoothly
- Lubricate chain, cables, derailleur's and brake pivots
- Brakes adjusted for maximum power and feel
- Disc rotors checked for wear & alignment
- Check brake pads for wear, replace if necessary
- Check and adjust headset
- Check and adjust bottom bracket
- Tires checked for cracks, holes, wear, then inflated
- Tighten all bolts to correct torque
- Road test.

More extensive service

Recommended for road bikes every 12 months. A great option to take extra care for bikes that get ridden through harsh conditions like mud or water. Extra time is spent on the wheelset health, as well as opening and cleaning areas where earth and water can pool, or grease can dry up.

Contains everything from the General Service, plus:

- Cassette and chainrings/cranks removed and degreased in detail with our powered parts washer
- Remove bottom bracket bearings, flush with new grease
- Full headset bearing service, forks are removed
- Minor wheel true (on-bike)

Optional: Add F+R wheel bearing and freehub overhaul

https://www.therapidwrench.melbourne/roadandcommuterservices

Last edited by watt price tully on Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:32 pm

* Did our taxes today (finally) and some relief Very Happy

* Youngest has got her exams starting next week ( she has an exam in the morning then goes to do her first day as a clerk at a major legal firm) in employment law for a month. She is remarkable. HD's for two more papers: one litigation and the other on ethics and law (yes apparently not an oxymoron) Shocked Wink She'll be doing two other clerkship placements at some pretty major firms

* Having lunch tomorrow with the oldest I think (I want to get her fitted for a road bike) as she said she wants to ride (as does her BF) - I'll help her a little. According to women bike riders I've met the biggest mistake some males make when getting their families a bike is going too cheap and in bicycles you really do get what you pay for.

* Getting excited for the bike ride - I leave on Friday morning

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:35 am

Which exercise best supports your mental health (according to research)

"...Cycling or walking to and from work are among the best exercises for our mental health, according to a new paper, published in the journal Mental Health and Physical Activity. Along with active transport, any leisure activity we enjoy, whether it’s playing football, hitting the gym or going for a stroll, also reap mental health rewards.

At the other end of the scale, physical activity at work and housework have the least positive impact.
.."

https://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/health-and-wellness/which-exercise-best-supports-your-mental-health-according-to-research-20191119-p53c10.html

I like it. The alternative title was called "No shit Sherlock, ... research"

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:47 am

Go you and we’ll done to both kids! Enjoy the ride. I can’t wait to get my bike down to the beach and ride! Hell I can’t wait to relax! Keep us posted on the ride!
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:13 am

Getting up at 1.45am to be ready for the 3pm UK time presale for Robbie Williams tickets in Las Vegas. Got 'em!! And 4th row.

The 1.45am part didn't make me happy but the result of getting up at that hour did! Then of course the excitement kept me awake til about 4 Shocked
Bucket list item ticked Smile
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:17 pm

luvdids wrote:
Getting up at 1.45am to be ready for the 3pm UK time presale for Robbie Williams tickets in Las Vegas. Got 'em!! And 4th row.

The 1.45am part didn't make me happy but the result of getting up at that hour did! Then of course the excitement kept me awake til about 4 Shocked
Bucket list item ticked Smile

Your keen. Well done

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:33 pm

Too keen probably Wink Now got flights & accommodation to get, and spending money etc etc
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:28 pm

Isn’t Las Vegas in that trashy country?!
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:38 pm

Yes, it sure is. Luckily Robbie will class it up. And I'll only be there for a week so should survive without being too affected by the classless bogans that go there for a holiday. I'm going there for 1 particular reason and that's it.

edit: notice I didn't put "going to USA made me happy"... trying not to think about that part.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:44 pm

Lol!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:12 pm

luvdids wrote:
Yes, it sure is. Luckily Robbie will class it up. And I'll only be there for a week so should survive without being too affected by the classless bogans that go there for a holiday. I'm going there for 1 particular reason and that's it.

edit: notice I didn't put "going to USA made me happy"... trying not to think about that part.

Make sure you get down to Fremont St in Downtown Vegas one evening for the full classless bogan experience. Any night is good but Friday and Saturday night is special.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 841, 842, 843 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 842 of 866   

Jump to: