Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 840, 841, 842 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, enjoy the time off WPT!

I do love this lifestyle, 14 days on, 14 days off. You're pretty knackered after 14 straight 12 hr shifts up here + the call outs. First 2 days home I pretty much just chill. Taking Aria to the beach tomorrow, she's talking heaps now and we do the face time thing nearly every night. She gets so excited about Grandad taking her to the beach Smile
I know you're not meant to have favourites, but she just melts me.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:14 pm

^

good stuff.

I like working a 4 day week. Just had a 5 day weekend, most of it spent feeling like shit but that's beside the point, worked 2 days and now 3 days off. Very Happy

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:10 pm

You know that smoking mucksbyour immune system up yeah? Just nagging, I mean sayin!

I drove down to the new place late tonight, stopped for wine and sundried tomatoes, filled baby peppers etc, and enjoying the peace and quiet watching season 4 of the west wing! So happy the tree are still here! Got mail from a Bellarine wildlife person tonight, still trying! Meanwhile I’ll just enjoy it! Huge delivery from ikea coming tomorrow and the ac fitter to fix it! Life is good! Cheers!

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:22 am

stui magpie wrote:
^

good stuff.

I like working a 4 day week. Just had a 5 day weekend, most of it spent feeling like shit but that's beside the point, worked 2 days and now 3 days off. Very Happy

I can see you have quality time on FB Stui Cool

We definitely have to catch up for that beer n ext season. Just working out my roster and what games/flights are going to work. A game in Melbourne followed by a game on the GC or Brizzy is the aim. They're just talking about swinging our rosters so one crew doesn't work Xmas 8 years in a row at the minute, so I have to wait a bit.

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:22 am

Doubla Cool
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:19 pm

My crazy cousin turned 39 today. Next year is going to be a big year for him.

He turns 40
He's becoming a Dad for the first time (baby due April I think)
His Dad turns 80.

I'd ragged him a couple of times about when he was going to go the front door and get his mrs pregnant, he brushed it off with lines like "can you imagine me as a Dad?" then I heard his mrs apparently couldn't get pregnant so I backed off. Then they announced recently she was potted.

Hopefully everything works and they get a healthy kid, I think they'll both make great parents and I look forward to observing the ensuing years. Cuz is very smart, very musically inclined but has authority issues and has zero athletic ability. Should be interesting if the kid is both smart and coordinated.

His Dad was athletic, played footy and boxed, it's a shame that he finally gets a grand child when his body is buggered but at least he'll get one.

Hope I get the opportunity to corrupt the kid

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:53 pm

The cuz you used to post links to his band for?

Good stuff

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:09 pm

^

Yep, that's the one.

If his kid is just like him that would be serious karma, it would also be good as he's a good person

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:30 pm

Today was a good day.

Work has been up and down like a brides nightie the past month. Went through a phase where I had nothing to do as work was being handed off to others, and my mind and my bosses mind exist in different dimensions. I struggle to get a read on what she want's.

A month ago I got thrown a bone which I turned into a discussion paper which unearthed a whole lot of shit no one had considered, suddenly I'm in the good books.

So today I had to host a workshop. Not my usual MO, but did it. Put together the compulsory powerpoint (consultants use power point for every fkn thing, it's how you turn a 3 page word document into a 98 page slide pack to justify your existence. I had 7) and apparently it went well. Got 2 emails afterward telling me how good it was.

On top of that, the son had court today on a dodgy driving charge that may have had him lose his licence. It was adjourned until January but legal advice he got was that he likely will just get a fine, his boss has said if he loses it for a month they'll use him at a different site as long as he can get there, which he can, so that's all a load off the mind. I'd offered to pay him the equivalent of his salary for a month if he lost it so he could pay rent and feed himself and his kid rather than driving unlicensed, happy that it looks like I won't have to.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:44 pm

well done! teacher Stu!

speaking of which, Junior just finished her placement at a st albans high school, now there is a baptism of fire! . She's got great marks for her masters degree so far, Her Bachelors degree presentation is next month, She waited as we were overseas for the last one. Changing courses was the best thing, i reckon she will be one hell of a teacher! Last day of placement and a year 7 kid knocks on the staffroom door to give her chocolates! the teachers were gobsmacked, we never get chockies they all said!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:58 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Today was a good day.

Work has been up and down like a brides nightie the past month. Went through a phase where I had nothing to do as work was being handed off to others, and my mind and my bosses mind exist in different dimensions. I struggle to get a read on what she want's.

A month ago I got thrown a bone which I turned into a discussion paper which unearthed a whole lot of shit no one had considered, suddenly I'm in the good books.

So today I had to host a workshop. Not my usual MO, but did it. Put together the compulsory powerpoint (consultants use power point for every fkn thing, it's how you turn a 3 page word document into a 98 page slide pack to justify your existence. I had 7) and apparently it went well. Got 2 emails afterward telling me how good it was.

On top of that, the son had court today on a dodgy driving charge that may have had him lose his licence. It was adjourned until January but legal advice he got was that he likely will just get a fine, his boss has said if he loses it for a month they'll use him at a different site as long as he can get there, which he can, so that's all a load off the mind. I'd offered to pay him the equivalent of his salary for a month if he lost it so he could pay rent and feed himself and his kid rather than driving unlicensed, happy that it looks like I won't have to.

Great stuff Stui. Well done & “nice” support for your son

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:12 am

Mrs WPT came back from the Sunshine coast where she caught up with her Sister (who lives in Brisbane) her Niece and “Great-Nephew” who is doing yr 12, the Nieces paternal grandmother (sisters ex mother in law) who lives in Melbourne in a nursing home & has dementia but was arranged to stay with her granddaughter near Mooloolaba for a week & is a character.

Sounds like they all had a ball of a time.

Saw the GP. The keto diet (nearly 1 year and reasonably faithful to it) has produced a great set of numbers. I’ve been lucky enough to have a low Blood Pressure with a low pulse so the numbers are excellent (I’m stoked)

Just got to learn portion control; the lack of which is my undoing.

Who’d a thunk low carb, high fat makes u healthy 👍👌😃

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:32 am

Cheers WPT and Jo,

Jo, would the year 7 student with the chokkies by a boy by any chance? Wink

WPT, great to hear the Keto diet is working, hows the weight loss going or is that the portion control bit.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:35 am

stui magpie wrote:
Cheers WPT and Jo,

WPT, great to hear the Keto diet is working, hows the weight loss going or is that the portion control bit.

Down 14
Up 5

in a year

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:07 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Cheers WPT and Jo,

Hehe nope!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 840, 841, 842 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 841 of 866   

Jump to: