Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 826, 827, 828 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Busy at work. Busy, busy busy.

Oldest shifted out today going to live with her BF who bought a place in Geelong. He's a sparky and a chippie and now a Policeman. He fixes places up and sells them. The oldest was only ever with us half the time as she travels so much and spends half the time with him. She spent most of this year with ius to save a deposit & will only be paying $150 / week rent there.

Youngest still doing really well in her job at the courts and at Uni. Now doing trusts and company law and applying for Clerkships. (One and I position at least 50 applicants) highly competitieve and she's going for some top companies. Given her CV and if she continues to do well she might get lucky. Currently working as a type of EA for a judge and now will be working one night a week (Volunteering at a Community Legal Centre CLC) - they had her in year 10 for work experience. She's the one who oganized her own work experience at the same CLC in year 10: she organised it January / February of the year for a placement at the end of the year; she's so organized (not from me that's for sure).

Mrs WPT busy busy busy.

Issues with Mum as her memory and other issues vary but getting harder. Lucky we live close by but since I've been POA the financial mess she was in has now settled and my brother & I can slowly start to recoup our expenditure (spent close to $50K between us in 8 months) getting her place sorted with significant & urgent plumbing and building issues that I (and she it turned out) had NFI about.

Having RDNS daily, good communications between GP, Phamacy. Getting a cleaner x 2 per week and needing someone to visit her one-two days a week so Mrs WPT & I don't do everything. Need some one to get her to Physio or take her for a walk. Will need to intoiduce the concept of respite care soon as Mrs WPT & I are going to Bali (Ubud) in August for a week: the idea has already gone down like a pork chop in a synagogue (I can say that )

Busy and hard but things are panning out.

A pychiatrist at work won the MS lottery FFS Shocked She's lovely and I'm friggin jealous Wink Told her to leave her husband and run away with me Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:00 am

MS lottery? Different from the medical condition yeah?

Good stuff with mum, great she’s still home.

Reminds me I should ring Dad, haven’t for a couple of weeks, my younger sister stepped up recently, she still won’t see him but talks to him, and he got scammed, he has no money but it’s stressed him out, she’s sorting it out. He refuses to leave the place he moved to in Warrnambool last year, it’s a terrible waste of too much of his not much funding, he should be in a nursing home, but he now has help every day to get in and out of bed, and empty his pee bottle. Apparently the female career actually likes him, not like that, just doesn’t mind helping him. Last time I visited, a couple of months back, the place was cleanish, and he seems reasonably content. Itsno life though. And he’s getting more and more confused. Hubbies dads memory is now 5-10 min, yet he is clear as day about stuff that happened 50 years ago. He’s not happy. But there is nothing we can do. We take him out and he forgets by the time we get half way back to the home. And he hates gonig back, so that makes it harder. His eye sight is 15 percent so he can’t even enjoy the tv, plus his lack of memory means he soon gets confused by any show, even his old favourites. He just sits. I have no idea what’s in his head. It’s so so sad. Enough depressing stuff. Just be grateful anyone who’s parents doesn’t end up like this. Bill is a great man, kind, loving, generous, outlived 2 sons, 1 son in-law and his wife. just so so cruel.

Well the outside of the beach house is pretty much done, thankfully, it’s exhausting! Yesterday I helped hubby cart the tiles around, the tiler, the daughter of our plumber, starts Monday. Geezus tiles are heavy! I had to do some more waterproofing, and I’ll go back tomorrow to finish it off. Kitchen is ordered. I forgot how much work it is! Driveway went in Thursday. I’ll be so so happy when I’m curled up in front of the fire, with nothing to do! My hubby is working himself into the ground to finish it. Nothing new there, he’d find something else to do anyway! He recently bought a couple of his dream cars, an old XT falcon, and a 48 ford pilot, that arrives from Sydney next week. Thatwill hopefully give him something other than work to do!

A month tomorrow and we take off for 4 weeks in Europe, looking forward to relaxing, my hardest decision is which lenses to take! I just started gonig through last years monument valley pics, and shocked myself how good some of them are! Im Really looking forward to roadtripping through the Black Forest in Germany. I’ve lost 4kg, hope to go down a bit more, and I’m going to indulge in a big piece of genuine Black Forest Gateaux for lunch in the town that made it famous! Got a hotel next to the tallest waterfall in Germany, you can see it from the window! Man I need a break! Hoe today because of the footy, so now I’m going to hit the gym, and catch up on housework.

Cheers guys, loving all these happy stories, good news on the job fron Stu, that takes the stress off. Your kids are kicking goals, as are WPT, and skids grand kids stories, awesome guys. I don’t comment much now, but it’s great to read these stories.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:05 pm

Good stuff WPT and TP

Got a phone call from the son this morning, he was looking for a cheap chest of drawers for the kid and wanted it today so he couldn't be stuffed going through Gumtree or the facebook sites. He got bugger all clothes when he got the kid from his mum, he's bought some, I've bought him some and he's been given some so now the kid has more clothes than places to put them and he wants to keep the room tidy and have something to put the clothes in. Just the fact that he's thinking like that makes me happy.

Had a quick look online and suggested he go to Thomastown, there's a bunch of cheapish furniture shops in a strip there, and I'd check out some op shops before I do the weekly booze run, first to find something calls the other.

Called into the Salvos shop in Watsy, Tall (ish) boy, waist height on me, bit over a metre wide, 2 large drawers and 2 small, in pine in good condition, $40. called him and he came straight over in the Ute he's driving while the XR6 I gave him that got sodomised by a P plater is being fixed.

Loaded her up, said G'day to Sharknado, and off they went.

He was planning on spending some father son time teaching the kid how to fold clothes and put them away in the drawers. I think he was channelling my mum. Shocked Confused Very Happy

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:20 am

Jordy lined up on Hayden Ballantyne last week. Got smashed (concussed) and welcomed to the big league.
Swans are cemented on the bottom of the ladder with just 2 wins.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:22 pm

Ouch
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:54 pm

After 3 consecutive 3 month contracts, signed a new one today to take me up to end of October 2020. Very Happy

Same salary, still on a 4 day week which I really like, employer super contribution up from 9.5% to 17%.

As icing, the person who's replacing me as stream lead on the project started yesterday and is going to be really good. Smart as a whip, done this stuff before (as opposed to me, I was making it up as I went along) so I can get back to stuff I know and support her and the stream from a HR capacity instead of trying to do 2 roles at once.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:39 pm

^ good news well done you! Cool

I'm going in tomorrow to tell them I'm cutting down to 4 days - it's just too hard trying to look after mum's needs and work full time.

I work way above my 40 hours a week now free gratis of course so just need to be very strict with myself and not end up doing 5 days work for 4 days pay!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:10 pm

I can relate, it's conditioning.

I don't work Friday so have a 3 day weekend each week. If I'm home, I'll check the work email every now and then and respond to stuff I feel is worth it, generally do emails on a Sunday arvo to catch up and do them most evenings as well.

They get value for money out of me even on 4 days per week, but if I want to go away, I do and nothing gets responded to until Sunday arvo, somethimes I even leave them til Monday. Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:31 pm

good on both of you, time to start enjoying life more, leave the yakka to the young things!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:14 pm

Up in Toc, massive storm up here last saturday, serious wind made a mess of some parts of town yet left others untouched. I had some busted glass in the front door, now temporarily patched with some pieces of wet area paneling i had at home and a lot of swearing when i kept twisting the heads off cheap screws.

Everything else is fine, it's quite quirky how it worked.

Apart from that, i bought a dvd player up that can connect to wifi and do netflix cos the fta tv up here is shit. Don't have internet in the house but i can do a wifi hotspot with my phone and it works perfect. Did a speed test, getting 50+gb download speed so no issues there and for the time I'm here, won't have any data issues. Very Happy

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:12 pm

The horse I bought a share in over a year ago (as a yearling) is having his first start tomorrow.

All Jeed Up - Race 4 Sunshine Coast - A bit of an unknown as he hasn't trialed and only had one jump out (he went ok). It's going to be a Heavy track and the Better Than Ready horses have done ok in the soft ground. He's got barrier 1. Paying 12/1.... worth a little flutter I guess.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:06 pm

Junior officially passed her Bachelor of physical education and sports science today, (she switched courses after the first 18 months) ended up on a high with all HD passes. She wont graduate til the end of the year, as we will be away, and of course she wants us there. Starts her masters in a couple of weeks. Very proud of both the kids!

3 weeks til a month off and nice warm weather! Can’t wait.

Morrigu if you read this, is that arc tunnel hard to find??

Cheers!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:26 pm

^

Cool. What's junior going to do for a job once she gets her masters?

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:16 pm

think positive wrote:
Junior officially passed her Bachelor of physical education and sports science today, (she switched courses after the first 18 months) ended up on a high with all HD passes. She wont graduate til the end of the year, as we will be away, and of course she wants us there. Starts her masters in a couple of weeks. Very proud of both the kids!

3 weeks til a month off and nice warm weather! Can’t wait.

Morrigu if you read this, is that arc tunnel hard to find??

Cheers!

Well done her! Cool

No not really - actually not at all Embarassed It's at the end of the Avenue des Champs-Élysées on the right side if you are facing the Arc.

When you see the traffic there you will appreciate how dumb ( stupid Wink ) someone trying to cross was! Razz
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:08 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Cool. What's junior going to do for a job once she gets her masters?

teach at a high school.
she could do 1 year and teach primary, but wants high school, plus it also offers more scope. Shes working three jobs right now, she gets paid to play saturdays, minds 2 kids and takes them to school every morning, starts at 5.45am so its well paid, and works in a health food cafe, plus She does occasional exam sits at her old school, some kids sit exams on their own, she sits with them to make sure they dont cheat! She also does some voluntary work there too. Losing Fiona was really tough, but Shes got her head and mind right, shes ditched the bad influences, and shes worked her butt off! Shes just an all round great kid!!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 826, 827, 828 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 827 of 866   

Jump to: