Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 806, 807, 808 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
partypie 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome pic tp
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:38 pm

Thankyou. I’m a member of a Melbourne photography Facebook page and they organise get together, and everyone is so generous with their knowledge. This was the first time I’d used a 10 stop filter and bulb mode, which means I can get exposure longer than 30 sec. this was shot at about 9.30pm, with I think a 2 stop filter and 3 min 30 sec exposure. It was a lot of fun! Got done great shots but this is my favourite. Cheers
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:16 pm

You've probably heard about the current scam where people get called from someone pretending to be from the ATO. They tell you that you owe money, you need to pay now, and follow up with threats of arrest, public disclosure, losing your job etc. If you haven't heard of it, read here https://www.news.com.au/technology/online/security/the-scary-voicemail-message-you-shouldnt-return/news-story/db566be54f53036480ccc68e7f94199f

Also here https://www.ato.gov.au/General/Online-services/Identity-security/Scam-alerts/

They tried on my daughter today. What made me happy is, she's smart even though they were very good. Her brain was screaming at her that it was bullshit, but they had some personal info and threw enough threats at her to cast doubt into her mind, what if it was real?

So she put them on hold at work while she called me on her mobile. They had her rattled, but I explained the ATO didn't work that way and told her to google "ATO Scam". She did while she was talking to me, which settled her down when she read exactly what they'd tried on her. After we finished, she went back and told them exactly what I told her to say "I know this is a scam and I'm going to the Police" upon which they hung up on her.

Just nice to know even though your kids grow up, they still trust Dad when they're unsure or need advice. Smile

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:19 pm

What a great man. He deserves all the accolades and adulation he receives from the public.

Quote:
AFL legend Neale Daniher hails MND drug trial progress

AFL legend Neale Daniher has hailed findings from a drug trial partially funded by his motor neurone disease charity Fight MND as a positive development which shows researchers are making slow and steady progress towards finding a cure for the debilitating disease.

The former Melbourne Demons coach has devoted his life to raising funds for research into MND since being diagnosed with the condition, which sees sufferers progressively lose their speech and mobility, in 2013.

Mr Daniher welcomed news today that Phase One of a trial of the drug Copper ATSM had been completed, and researchers could move to the next phase.

According to the Herald Sun, the drug, CuATSM, showed progression of the disease had been slowed by 70 per cent.

Most patients have since ­continued with the therapy under an extension of the trial.

“This would indicate we are making slow and steady progress and are definite and positive steps in the right direction,” Mr Daniher said.

“We can’t thank the Australian community that supports us enough. The fight against MND must continue until a cure is found.”

Fight MND CEO Jamie Howden said the organisation was heartened that the funds and work committed to trials such as the Copper ATSM trial were achieving some positive outcomes and findings.

“But we remain acutely aware these are still early days in our journey to find a cure for MND,” Mr Howden said.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/health-science/afl-legend-neale-daniher-hails-mnd-drug-trial-progress/news-story/6d1db8e37b2e37fa502ff1ab4ff3a235?nk=42c303d5233476bc4249de2e05dff02e-1547119076

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:29 pm

Pizza in the wetty!

We've got a big shut on (500 extra bodies here) for the next 10 days, and they're putting on a feed in the wet mess every night.
Guess it takes the pressure off the dry mess a bit. Was pizza tonight, MYO beef or pork rolls with roast veg last night & a BBQ the night before.

Geez the pool is nice after a 48 degree day! Heaps of crew in there tonight. Hot chicks in bathers, wish I was 30 years younger Wink

partypie 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:27 am

Is it a BHP site? My son n law is working on a shut down, reckons it's a pretty good site if it's the same one. My daughter would not like the bit about cute women! He's there till the end of the month.
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:06 am

Nah, I'm on Gina's mine.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:09 pm

^

Gina in a bikini in the pool could be interesting. Razz

Anyway, just got back from a Stress Echocardiogram.

Hooked me up with these dots and wires all over my chest, then got me to lay down and did an ultrasound of my heart, then up on the treadmill, test the BP and away we go.

After each 2 minutes it speeds up and increases incline while the machine measures the heart.

After 5 1/2 minutes the cardiologist said he had the minimum he needed, so I could quit when I needed to. Hung on a bit longer but after the speed and incline change at the 6 minute mark, the legs were cooked by 7 minutes.

Stumble off and lay down again while they do another ultrasound of the heart beating like a heavy metal drummer on ice.

Good news is, not only do I have a heart (they have pictures to prove it) but it seems to be working fine. No sign of any arterial blockages. Very Happy

I suppose with that news and being able to feel my feet again (only slight numbness left) I have no excuse for not increasing the exercise regime. Confused

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:12 pm

What is stopping you?
Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:19 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Gina in a bikini in the pool could be interesting. Razz

Anyway, just got back from a Stress Echocardiogram.

Hooked me up with these dots and wires all over my chest, then got me to lay down and did an ultrasound of my heart, then up on the treadmill, test the BP and away we go.

After each 2 minutes it speeds up and increases incline while the machine measures the heart.

After 5 1/2 minutes the cardiologist said he had the minimum he needed, so I could quit when I needed to. Hung on a bit longer but after the speed and incline change at the 6 minute mark, the legs were cooked by 7 minutes.

Stumble off and lay down again while they do another ultrasound of the heart beating like a heavy metal drummer on ice.

Good news is, not only do I have a heart (they have pictures to prove it) but it seems to be working fine. No sign of any arterial blockages. Very Happy

I suppose with that news and being able to feel my feet again (only slight numbness left) I have no excuse for not increasing the exercise regime. Confused

That's good news Stui... and Gina in a bikini would be interesting Shocked

My doc changed my BP tablets about 6 weeks ago now, I've been monitoring it myself (at his request) throughout the day and keeping a record.
Have to go see him when I get back, it's still creeping up. Pretty sure this extra 10kg I been carting around isn't helping.

It's a work in progress Smile Gym every second morning (bike, rowing machine, treadmill) and swimming every arvo this year. Slowly getting my fitness back. Just had steamed broccoli and Red capsicum for smoko.
Beers every night are a must here, will try and keep it to a couple tonight, but that's what I say every night. Think it was 7 last night.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:55 pm

Yeah, once you get older fitness drops away real quick and is hard to get back. I've done jack shit for the past couple of months cos I had all sorts of stuff going on after the doc changed my BP tablets and I went back to work.

As far as I can figure out in hindsight, it started with the new tablets causing swelling in the feet, then I must have tweaked my lower back (probably carrying a fridge up stairs) which caused numbness going down the legs and into the feet.

Change BP medicine again and start getting chest and upper abdomen pain and light headedness.

Finally I'm feeling good again, but when it was all happening at once it wasn't a good feeling.

New BP medicine from the cardiologist works a treat, no side effects.
Physio fixed the back issue, feet back to 95% feeling
Doc prescribed some nuclear strength antacid which fixed the chest pains.

All I gotta do now is the exercises the physio gave me to build up some core strength and work on the cardio fitness.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:34 pm

Jezza wrote:
What a great man. He deserves all the accolades and adulation he receives from the public.

Quote:
AFL legend Neale Daniher hails MND drug trial progress

AFL legend Neale Daniher has hailed findings from a drug trial partially funded by his motor neurone disease charity Fight MND as a positive development which shows researchers are making slow and steady progress towards finding a cure for the debilitating disease.

The former Melbourne Demons coach has devoted his life to raising funds for research into MND since being diagnosed with the condition, which sees sufferers progressively lose their speech and mobility, in 2013.

Mr Daniher welcomed news today that Phase One of a trial of the drug Copper ATSM had been completed, and researchers could move to the next phase.

According to the Herald Sun, the drug, CuATSM, showed progression of the disease had been slowed by 70 per cent.

Most patients have since ­continued with the therapy under an extension of the trial.

“This would indicate we are making slow and steady progress and are definite and positive steps in the right direction,” Mr Daniher said.

“We can’t thank the Australian community that supports us enough. The fight against MND must continue until a cure is found.”

Fight MND CEO Jamie Howden said the organisation was heartened that the funds and work committed to trials such as the Copper ATSM trial were achieving some positive outcomes and findings.

“But we remain acutely aware these are still early days in our journey to find a cure for MND,” Mr Howden said.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/health-science/afl-legend-neale-daniher-hails-mnd-drug-trial-progress/news-story/6d1db8e37b2e37fa502ff1ab4ff3a235?nk=42c303d5233476bc4249de2e05dff02e-1547119076

That really is great news. An old work mate lasted just 12 months from diagnosis, so very sad. Shocker of adisease, so cruel.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:49 pm

FWIW, I support more protests like this.

https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/topless-sydney-protests-call-on-australia-to-take-in-saudi-teen-rahaf-mohammed-alqunun/news-story/a3a6fd1f8aa88d6457f776646b57017d

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:01 pm

Interesting. Wonder if they’re in any way connected to Femen?

Edit: nope, just entrepreneurs looking to sell stuff (for a good cause, naturally):

https://secretsisterhood.com/about/us/

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:48 pm

Went down to docklands to take some sunset long exposures and the Steve Irwin sea Shepard was docked. Pretty cool. If any ones interested you can take a free tour from 10am to 4pm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 806, 807, 808 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 807 of 866   

Jump to: