Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 805, 806, 807 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to be back in Melbourne after 4 nights up in Toc.

I used to be able to handle high 30's to low 40's up there cos it was dry heat, but it was fkn humid up there as well as hot. Break into a sweat just sitting still, so doing gardening was ridiculous. Drank easy 3 litres of fluid a day, water, sports drink, soft drink (and I rarely drink soft drink but I was craving the sugar) and barely able to piss a trickle.

And when the air conditioner just does the lounge room leaving the bedrooms untouched, and the overnight low is high 20's at around 6am after being in the 30's most of the night, sleep is an interesting proposition. Put a glass of ice water beside the bed at night, roll over to have a drink around 2am and the water is warm.

I'm fkn knackered. Glad to be back in Melbourne.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:00 pm

Nice productive day today.

Downloaded a bunch of photos my daughter put on Facebook of her european holiday, took em to office works on a USB stick and printed them out as photos, then bought two photo frames that hold about 14 photos each. I'll load the photos into the frames and that's the daughters birthday present. She has a bunch of hooks and things on the walls of her new apartment but nothing to hang up, so these match in with her decor and should look schmick.

Then got to work saving money. Got 4 insurance policies, 1 house and contents, 1 contents and 2 car insurance, consolidated into a single policy with a single premium, which helps me manage the money being snatched out of my account better. Added the ute on as well which I've been driving uninsured, so everything covered.

Then, registered mums pensioner concession card with the water company. The water had always been in her name but she wasn't eligible for a pension til she moved to Melbourne. That will get backdated up to 12 months apparently so there's some money saved.

Then got onto Iselect website to look at saving some money on the energy bills. Got a call from their call centre while I was looking and got a better deal over the phone, plus moved the gas and electricity to mums name to get the pensioner discount on those as well. Looking back at the bills, they should send the invoices around personally delivered by a large bloke wearing a mask and holding a gun. If they're going to rob you, they may as well look the part.

Anyway, productive day, now it's beer o'clock. Very Happy

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:12 pm

Very productive.

Question - why do you have a house & contents AND contents policies? Wouldn't it be cheaper having just the home & contents & make sure everything's covered in that?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:23 pm

Good question.

My house in Melbourne is in mum's name so she always had the property insurance and I had separate contents insurance. The holiday house in Toc is mine so I have combined house and contents.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:26 pm

Might be time to consolidate the contents, I'd imagine increasing the value of the contents on one policy and binning the other should work out cheaper. *edit, just read your reply in full, now I follow, forgot about your place in Toc, was just thinking about your Mum's place, & you having ins for your contents & Mum for hers. Caught up now Wink

As an aside, since I have to ask people what they think their contents are worth I'm often AMAZED at how little people insure their contents for. $10,000 won't cover it people. So many under insured, if their houses burn down $10,000 aint going to replace everything.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:32 pm

luvdids wrote:
Might be time to consolidate the contents, I'd imagine increasing the value of the contents on one policy and binning the other should work out cheaper. *edit, just read your reply in full, now I follow, forgot about your place in Toc, was just thinking about your Mum's place, & you having ins for your contents & Mum for hers. Caught up now Wink

As an aside, since I have to ask people what they think their contents are worth I'm often AMAZED at how little people insure their contents for. $10,000 won't cover it people. So many under insured, if their houses burn down $10,000 aint going to replace everything.

Yeah, the holiday house contents is insured for $31,500 which is way over the top as I could replace everything there with change from $5k, and my home is covered for just over $50k which is about right if it burned down and I had to replace everything I wanted to.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:55 pm

$50,000 probably still wouldn't cover it TBH, replacing EVERYTHING, down to pegs, socks, undies AND the kitchen sink. Tables, chairs, cutlery, couch, etc etc. Better than most but probably still a struggle if you bought new stuff.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:17 pm

Yeah, but it would replace all the main stuff. Do I'd have a few less things, wouldn't be the worst thing. It's a balance between premium and risk. I can get enough shit with $50k if the joint burns down or blows up, just have less of some things.

Like I didn't get flood insurance on the place in Toc. It's only a few hundred metres from the levee bank for the river, bit the river has only got close to going over the banks twice in my lifetime, but didn't. Because it's classed as a high flood risk, it's an extra $1k pa to get flood coverage, despite never flooding in recent times, so I passed.

The Hume Weir controls the water output to the river and the levee protecting the town is way higher than the banks on the Vic side so odds are when it floods, all the water is heading south not into town.

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:08 pm

Be careful with separate home and contents policies. It can become problematic if you need to claim damage or replacement to chattels and fixtures (carpet, drapes, lights etc). Each insurer will argue that they are not their liability, which doesn't happen when you have a single insurer.

You usually get a discount for combining the two policies with a single insurer as well.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:27 pm

All the policies are with one insurer, under 1 policy and 1 payment.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:44 am

stui magpie wrote:
Nice productive day today.

Downloaded a bunch of photos my daughter put on Facebook of her european holiday, took em to office works on a USB stick and printed them out as photos, then bought two photo frames that hold about 14 photos each. I'll load the photos into the frames and that's the daughters birthday present. She has a bunch of hooks and things on the walls of her new apartment but nothing to hang up, so these match in with her decor and should look schmick.

Then got to work saving money. Got 4 insurance policies, 1 house and contents, 1 contents and 2 car insurance, consolidated into a single policy with a single premium, which helps me manage the money being snatched out of my account better. Added the ute on as well which I've been driving uninsured, so everything covered.

Then, registered mums pensioner concession card with the water company. The water had always been in her name but she wasn't eligible for a pension til she moved to Melbourne. That will get backdated up to 12 months apparently so there's some money saved.

Then got onto Iselect website to look at saving some money on the energy bills. Got a call from their call centre while I was looking and got a better deal over the phone, plus moved the gas and electricity to mums name to get the pensioner discount on those as well. Looking back at the bills, they should send the invoices around personally delivered by a large bloke wearing a mask and holding a gun. If they're going to rob you, they may as well look the part.

Anyway, productive day, now it's beer o'clock. Very Happy

Thoughtful gift, nice

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:47 am

I somehow though she had.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:17 pm

The internet wasn't working so the girlfriend rang the company yesterday arvo. They sent a technician at 10.00 am this morning and he got it working. He told Boom that we should go fibre optic. If we have been with them long enough they may upgrade for free. So I had some lunch and a shower at 3.00 pm and wandered off to the shopping mall, grabbed a can of beer for the 10 minute walk and went to the 3BB office in their . Showed them my card They have a promotion and because I have been with them for over 4 years I get.

Fibre optic cable Installed (Free)

I go from 19 MBs a second to 50Mbs. (as a special customer on top plan same cost)

Works out about 45 dollars a month and you can suspend anytime for nothing. We have run up to 5 phones, a tablet and a laptop plus cable off it now. . Get stuffed Telstra.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:36 pm

Backing Star Exhibit in the Perth Cup @ 33/1 Smile
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:59 pm

ronrat wrote:
The internet wasn't working so the girlfriend rang the company yesterday arvo. They sent a technician at 10.00 am this morning and he got it working. He told Boom that we should go fibre optic. If we have been with them long enough they may upgrade for free. So I had some lunch and a shower at 3.00 pm and wandered off to the shopping mall, grabbed a can of beer for the 10 minute walk and went to the 3BB office in their . Showed them my card They have a promotion and because I have been with them for over 4 years I get.

Fibre optic cable Installed (Free)

I go from 19 MBs a second to 50Mbs. (as a special customer on top plan same cost)

Works out about 45 dollars a month and you can suspend anytime for nothing. We have run up to 5 phones, a tablet and a laptop plus cable off it now. . Get stuffed Telstra.

i cant wait to tell telstra to get stuffed!!!

little fun on Princes Pier last night!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 805, 806, 807 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 806 of 866   

Jump to: