Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 777, 778, 779 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a phone call to say G'day from the daughter.

They're still on Crete, no where near the Athens fires (thank Grod), staying in a 2 story house up a mountain 2 hours walk to the village, and loving it.

She's getting right into the history and nature parts of it, hiking and/or running most days, done a shop in the village so preparing meals in the house (which looks brilliant)

She's picked up a couple of words in Greek and couldn't be more complimentary of the villagers. Seems like the joint has a real country town vibe which she likes having spent every school holidays growing up at my parents place in Toc.

She's not great on Greek mythology though, I told her to check out if there was anything around about the Minotaur, the Labyrinth and Theseus and she had NFI what I was talking about, but she'll look it up.

Crete is now on my bucket list.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:44 pm

stui magpie wrote:

She's not great on Greek mythology though, I told her to check out if there was anything around about the Minotaur, the Labyrinth and Theseus and she had NFI what I was talking about, but she'll look it up.

Modern kids, eh ? I mean, whats the bleeding point ?

Rolling Eyes Laughing

Glad shes doing ok. Good luck with the job hunt. Wherever it is, youre undoubtedly better than 90% of the people who work there already, but thats not what recruitment does, unfortunately. Agencies are probably the best bet. If you can land a suitable temp role through them for a few months, theyll probably want to keep you on if they can.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:15 pm

^

Ta for that, I'll see what happens. I have the rope in the shed if I need to neck myself at some point but hopefully it won't come to that.

The daughter is a good 'kid'. she didn't do VCE but did VCAL instead, got a trainee ship in disability within weeks of leaving school and has worked her butt off ever since. She has money in the bank that she earned and saved, no one gifted it to her, despite being on a relatively low salary and renting.

On one hand she's as tight as a fishes posterior orifice and on the other she'd give you the shirt off her back if she thought you needed it.

Not sure how, but I've raised a goodun there

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:45 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Ta for that, I'll see what happens. I have the rope in the shed if I need to neck myself at some point but hopefully it won't come to that.

The daughter is a good 'kid'. she didn't do VCE but did VCAL instead, got a trainee ship in disability within weeks of leaving school and has worked her butt off ever since. She has money in the bank that she earned and saved, no one gifted it to her, despite being on a relatively low salary and renting.

On one hand she's as tight as a fishes posterior orifice and on the other she'd give you the shirt off her back if she thought you needed it.

Take the credit, mate. Youd have got your share of the shit if shed been a wrongun. You might have had more of a hand in the outcome than you give yourself credit for.

At the same time, as I often say to my wife, if children are a gift from God, He has a funny taste in presents.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:17 pm

Cheers mate.

I like the present analogy, but if God did exist, she's definitely female.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:18 pm

You like the present analogy but if God did exist she's female.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:28 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Cheers mate.

If God was a woman, semen would taste like chocolate. But then again, if God was a man, it would as well. This is known as Mugwumps proof that either (a) there is no God ; or (b) there is a God, and s/hes smarter than human beings.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:55 am

If god was a woman there would be no need for seman to taste like chocolate

God is a man. Too much dumb shit in the world for a woman to be in charge!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:23 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Sounds like it. A credit to you. Well done son and as Muggers said good luck with the job hunt.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:24 pm

Mugwump wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Cheers mate.

If God was a woman, semen would taste like chocolate. But then again, if God was a man, it would as well. This is known as Mugwumps proof that either (a) there is no God ; or (b) there is a God, and s/hes smarter than human beings.

That's rather unseemly.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:29 pm

^

But potentially opens up new thread possibility. Wink Razz

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:49 am

Just got back from an 81 km ride to Frankston and back (up Olivers Hill and back)

Distance: 81.5
Av speed: 25.3
Fastest speed 65.13
Av cadenece (RPM) 81
Max cadence 179 (way too much and wrong gears)
Calorie loss: 464

A beautiful morning, no wind for 80% of thr ride, sea was like glass, magnificent blues, just great. All cyclists were well behaved but one smart arse Audi drive went to close & didn't have to do that. If only we were allowed to own guns why I .....oops.

No pain as such.

Now to ccok up 8000 calories! scambled eggs with parsley, grilled tomtoes, steamed spinach and mushrooms with a hint well a dab, well some butter on sour dough toast at home before a shower and get ready for the football at the G Very Happy

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:16 pm

^

No Tofu? Razz

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:47 pm

81 klm equates to under 500cal? Gees I would have thought a LOT more! Well done you
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:01 pm

^

All that work for less than 1 big mac (without fries).

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 777, 778, 779 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 778 of 866   

Jump to: