Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 750, 751, 752 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:12 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you like to listen to music?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:38 am

Daughter gave me a couple of tickets to see the Angels tonight at Crown, so I've decided to make a night of it and book a room at Crown metropol.

Phuc it. Why not.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:42 am

Did him or her a couple of tickets to see the Angels at Crown so he or she've decided to make a night of it and book a room at Crown metropol keep it?
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:21 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Daughter gave me a couple of tickets to see the Angels tonight at Crown, so I've decided to make a night of it and book a room at Crown metropol.

Phuc it. Why not.

Make like Batman and go to Gotham while you're at it.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:16 pm

^

Lots of choices in that area Wink

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:48 pm

Big night, Tad dusty this morning. In bed by 2am, up at 8am. Big buffet breakfast didn't get me moving any faster.
Still, once I rehydrated, all good. lawn moved, garden weeded and dinner cooking.
Excellent night, Highly recommend Palms at Crown as a good intimate venue to see a band, Rose tattoo and Angels were both brilliant, Dave Gleeson as new lead singer of the Angels really gets into it and the old boys can seriously play guitar.
Kicking back now with a beer and glass of Red. I'll think about Monday when it gets here.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:36 pm

I thought he was pretty good when we saw them too. Still got the energy.

So my older sister had a scare, had a mass removed last Friday, got the results today, no further treatment needed, thank God! Follow up in six months. And our friend who had the brain aneurism is still on the mend despite a relapse last Friday. Today apparently he was sitting in a chair, saying a few more words, and regaining some memory, eating a little and being cheeky with the nurses. Not out of the woods yet but there is hope. So far only his wife and son have been able to visit. Fingers crossed.

Today has been a great day! Cheers, hope yours has too!

Counting my blessings!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:10 pm

A few quick days up at the shack with mum and a flying trip home to drop her off then back tomorrow on my own.

Takeaway the first night, punctuated by some random chick showing up wanting to by the concrete washtub in the yard. Offered to take her out for dinner the next two nights but she wanted to stay home so I cooked.

Got one side of the house and part of the front painted, bought another 12L today to hopefully do the rest, garden has had a cleanup and the old outdoor dunny (now a tool shed) has had a makeover. (Mum wanted to paint the door red, that led to 3 hours of strain clearing the old jasmine, chain mesh fence, chicken wire, star pickets etc that had been there since 1964)

She liked the house and was getting up way earlier than she has for years.

6 degrees at 7am this morning, but sitting out the back with the rising sun in a blue sky blazing into your face it didn't feel cold at all.

Going back up in the morning, 5 days on my own. I may not want to to go back to work.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:57 pm

[quote="stui magpie"]A few quick days up at the shack with mum and a flying trip home to drop her off then back tomorrow on my own.

Takeaway the first night, punctuated by some random chick showing up wanting to by the concrete washtub in the yard. Offered to take her out for dinner the next two nights but she wanted to stay home so I cooked.

Thats a bargain. Some girl turns up to buy some junk and you offer to take her out. How galant.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:08 am

Yeah I read that twice too!

Sounds good Stui, enjoy.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:27 pm

Getting ready to head into town to see Midnight Oil.
Brings back memories of the 1st time I saw them at the bowl - Stop the Drop concert, early eighties - except this time we have seats but just as excited

Edit:
So get to the bowl and tickets were for the wrong day!
I had written the wrong date in the diary and obviously didn't check the date when I received the tickets a while ago Rolling Eyes

Fortunately tickets are for upcoming concert on Wednesday - would have been really pissed if we had missed the date!
20 year old reckons it is old timers. More likely so much other staff going on and organise like school, work, kids footy & netball, school council, PA, netball committees. Must be a signal to scale back on some of the volunteer stuff.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:09 pm

Back home in Melbourne after a week up bush, punctuated with a quick trip home and back last Sunday to bring mum and the dog back.

Not happy to be back but happy to have had the time. Not a holiday for everyone, spent most of it painting, gardening and doing other renos, but I feel really relaxed and enjoyed myself.

There's something nice about being able to do what you want, with no one giving directions, no fkn meetings to go to, being dirty and sweaty (dressed like a hobo who stole the clothes the op shop rejected) and being able to see results for your effort in hours and days not months and years or never.

Lots of shit left to do but i'm glad i decided to take the approach of finish one piece at a time rather than have a whole lot of unfinished pieces.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:49 pm

Well that’s unusual. Don’t think I’ve ever met a man who finishes something before starting something else! For example my dad ripped mums kitchen out to redo it. She cooked in the garage for 7 years. And then used her inheritance to put in a new kitchen! So well done on that score! Sounds like the holiday house is a great idea. 😉 enjoy
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:22 pm

Yeah, I've done the multiple projects all unfinished before. I guess i'm acting out because of frustration with work and not being able to complete anything. I wanted to do work on the kitchen, but once I started that fkn door I decided I was going to finish it before I did anything else.

Doing that work is what I imagine meditation must be like. I have to force myself to slow down, be patient and focus on detail. I can switch off parts of my brain, get into a rhythm and get better at what i'm doing each minute as long as I can maintain that mindset.

It's cool, I like it.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:10 pm

Ah yes doors doors doors, painted 3 good sides of the doors and frames today, including one side that was scratched to pieces by a naughty poodle who didn’t like being locked in the laundry as punishment a couple of years ago! 5 min in the naughty corner makes half hour of sanding and filling! 2 fronts and 2 backs to go and the laundry is done. (Hubby redid the walls I painted too dry!) I have no pride, I hate painting! 1 room complete! That’s all that matters!

The hallway walls are shitting me, I might stuff them next!

Your door looks great!

I don’t mind doing the doors actually, thicker more forgiving paint!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 750, 751, 752 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 751 of 866   

Jump to: