Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 749, 750, 751 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

19 months, 2 in late Jan. He ran over to the mum and put the hands up to be picked up, he wanted to go up on the play equipment. She picked him up but had zero chance being able to lift him (for her) head high to put him up so she passed him to me. Laughing
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:21 pm

Completed "Aound the Bay in a Day Bike Ride" today.

210 km's. Raised money for the Smith Family.

Left Alexandra Gardens near the Yarra at 6 am, rode to Queenscliff the took the ferry & rode back via Sorrento.

The ride back was very hard to do because of strong head winds and now I'm absolutely phucked: sore knees++, sore bum++, sore hands, sore shoulders / neck muscles.

Had a beer (unusual for me as don't drink much) and a steak down at the local pub. Loading up on magnesium before bed - I can feel my hammies are going to cramp up)

https://www.bicyclenetwork.com.au/rides-and-events/around-the-bay/

I'm pleased with myself for doing it; quite a challenge but I'm really really phucked atm.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:56 am

Gees mate thats one hell of an effort, well done and a great cause Wink
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:30 am

think positive wrote:
Gees mate thats one hell of an effort, well done and a great cause Wink

Cheers TP. Feeling much better today. Need to do a few stretches and by next month I should be back to normal Wink

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:38 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Completed "Aound the Bay in a Day Bike Ride" today.

210 km's. Raised money for the Smith Family.

Left Alexandra Gardens near the Yarra at 6 am, rode to Queenscliff the took the ferry & rode back via Sorrento.

The ride back was very hard to do because of strong head winds and now I'm absolutely phucked: sore knees++, sore bum++, sore hands, sore shoulders / neck muscles.

Had a beer (unusual for me as don't drink much) and a steak down at the local pub. Loading up on magnesium before bed - I can feel my hammies are going to cramp up)

https://www.bicyclenetwork.com.au/rides-and-events/around-the-bay/

I'm pleased with myself for doing it; quite a challenge but I'm really really phucked atm.

The only part of that i can relate to is the steak and beer.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Waking up to a clean world! Man it must have poured half the night! Smells so good. Had a meeting with our partners accountant, it was Craig Kellys ex footy manager! Clever guy too! As we were leaving he says Ive got something to show you in my office. Hmm, ok! Oh man the memorabilia he had in there was amazing. Signed 1990 stuff, Signed Charlie stuff, footy jumpers in frames, unreal. Asked him if Craig would come back to Collingwood, he said maybe when he is done with some business thing he has now! I said good, we need someone to say its ok to have someone to show a bit of mongrel now and then!

Went to Fresh Chilli for dinner because its juniors birthday, and she loves the place. Had a warm seafood salad, bloody fabulous, hubby brought a bottle of Banrock Pink Moscato (au$6 million donated to the environment since 1995! Nice work nice wine!) then juniors favourite cheesecake shop Caramel mud cake for dessert.

Daylight saving and warmer weather just soothes the soul! Cheers

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:21 am

Sounds fab, TP, but as I look out my London window the light is rusty, the leaves are yellow-edged and the the doona has chill as I insert myself under it for the night - you bet I'm envious !! Enjoy.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:57 pm

Youngest took the car with her closest two girlfriends off to Flinders for the weekend.

Had coffee & tea with my Mother, Mrs WPT and the oldest came around. Haven't seen her for ages. She's was great & it was great to see her comfortable with herself: she does this bootcamp training 45 or something. She looked great.

Mum is about 83 but becoming a bit more forgetful. I got her a Samsung 7 edge smartphone (with my brother) and forgot or took for granted the smartphone capabilities being a leap from just a mobile phone for an older person who is not used to it.

She's getting the hang of it but drove around later asking where the calculator function was & needing to remember tor how to slide the phone to get to apps.

She still teaches at U3A once a week and has written a book on climate change - as you do. She's just checking the references and she has an Editor. I have no idea how good (or bad) it is. She also paints & occasioanlly sells some of her paintings in local cafe's.

Not bad for a woman who came as a married 16 yr old to Australia in 1950 & had 3 kids by 22, worked in a nail factory (Sydney cook) just up the street from where we lived in Brunswick as a frist job.

It was great for her to see the oldest too. Nice to see 3 generations together. (Nice too to have today off)

I'm starting to reflect on her life as the mother of a friend of mine who I've known since I was about 12, died (expectedly & with dignity) last night.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:13 am

Ah mate, the good and the sad. The roller coaster of life. Sorry for your loss, gees thay start coming faster now dont they?

Well I had all hubbys family around tonight, in the past I admit Ive resented sharing my birthday and cooking for the clan, but this time it was my idea. My father in law is slipping further and further away into the dementia abyss. This may well be the last birthday he remembers or enjoys so I wanted to make it special for him. Was a great night actually. Everyone bought a plate, so we didnt have to do it all, and most of the mess was cleared up before they left. My sister in law seems happy, slowly starting to live again. 7 weeks to go before her grand daughter is born, and the cycle of life continues. Ian is on my mind tonight. Of course. The firsts just all hurt so bad. But he would have been happy looking down and seeing us all sharing a laugh, and good times.

Oh and the boot camp 45, god I wish I could do that but the hammies would scream! Good on her, I bet its a lot of fun, cheers mate, and its so good you get to reflect on your mums life while she is still here. Man whenever the Facebook post comes around who would you like to get back for half an hour for a chat my heart bumps, and my mind goes over all the things I wish I had known, realised, and said. Enjoy. Sounds like you get it. Xxx

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:16 pm

think positive wrote:
Ah mate, the good and the sad. The roller coaster of life. Sorry for your loss, gees thay start coming faster now dont they?

Well I had all hubbys family around tonight, in the past I admit Ive resented sharing my birthday and cooking for the clan, but this time it was my idea. My father in law is slipping further and further away into the dementia abyss. This may well be the last birthday he remembers or enjoys so I wanted to make it special for him. Was a great night actually. Everyone bought a plate, so we didnt have to do it all, and most of the mess was cleared up before they left. My sister in law seems happy, slowly starting to live again. 7 weeks to go before her grand daughter is born, and the cycle of life continues. Ian is on my mind tonight. Of course. The firsts just all hurt so bad. But he would have been happy looking down and seeing us all sharing a laugh, and good times.

Oh and the boot camp 45, god I wish I could do that but the hammies would scream! Good on her, I bet its a lot of fun, cheers mate, and its so good you get to reflect on your mums life while she is still here. Man whenever the Facebook post comes around who would you like to get back for half an hour for a chat my heart bumps, and my mind goes over all the things I wish I had known, realised, and said. Enjoy. Sounds like you get it. Xxx

Cheers TP, thanks for the kind words.

I'm starting to go to a few friends parents funerals recently - comes a time, a life stage.

I'm lucky Dad went quickly, from being relatively active to his death in less than 3 days.

The results of congestive cardiac failure: of course he was a funny bugger. I asked him around the time what medications was he on. He said junst something for his cholesterol. He used thyroxine for thyriod issues.

I said didn't you used to see a cardiologist some years ago? He said yes.
I asked what happe?, Dad replied the caridiologist died of a heart attack! Dad instead of going elsewhere decided not to go at all. He would only rarely see his GP.

The good part of it was that instead of being prescribed a whole lot of tablets, then getting side effects to some of the tablets he went on to live for nearly 93 years - he wouldn't complain: depression era man.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:40 am

Our nephew Matt!

Fantastic work by the young fella, whole family very proud!

http://www.abc.net.au/radio/perth/programs/mornings/matthew-bill/9047328

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:21 pm

gees that is awesome, what a fine young man he is. id be bursting with pride too, well done.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:58 pm

First time in over a month I actually want to go to work tomorrow.

Got some clear direction and stuff to do that is actually achievable. Beats the hell out of feeling physically sick just thinking about going.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:56 pm

stui magpie wrote:
First time in over a month I actually want to go to work tomorrow.

Got some clear direction and stuff to do that is actually achievable. Beats the hell out of feeling physically sick just thinking about going.

Sounds like you were in a tough place.

Great to hear things have panned out.

Last edited by watt price tully on Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:07 am

Sound like the first line of your sig is working for ya Stu! Good stuff

Been a long week, too much paperwork, and the washing machine was washing and spinning at the same time! Went to the laundrette today, was strangely peaceful! Also had a swim in the rain, water is nice and warm after three days of sun. Dropping off the cheque to settle the land tomorrow, then off to my sisters. Cheers. God l miss footy already!

Last edited by think positive on Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 749, 750, 751 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 750 of 866   

Jump to: