Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 721, 722, 723 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

ronrat wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
ronrat wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
Where are you off to?

Thailand for 2 weeks leaving this Friday.

Bangkok, Chang Mai then Khao Lak

I see you're off the US - enjoy.

Very hot in Central Thailand.Might be cooler in Chang Mai. I have an aircon and 2 fans going and sill hot.

Cheers RR. It's 10 degrees in South Caulfield currently!! b& I'm booking to do a bike tour of Bangkok. I save in Melb but will splash out on accomm so we are staying in 4-5 star hotels along the way. Looks like early mornings are the go with hotel pool in the late pm's evenings.

There's a 9 hr bike tour (25 km's using , boats, riding, river cruising etc that I'm thinking of doing on Sunday 7 May) not all riding etc.

I used to live in North Caulfield before I moved here. Your struggle will be to find a pub showing the scum game as the Australia plus network isn't showing it.Not sure where you are staying but there afre generally a few pubs showing iaround Sukumvit soi 33 (near Soi Cowboy. Robin Hood if still going could be one.

You are a brave man riding a bicycle in Bangkok. Ghang Mai around the city maybe and the island no worries.

Go to a photo store , [;enty around, and get a laminated credit card sized copy of your passport and visa on reverse . Should cost around 2 bucks, Keep that with you and leave your passport in the safe, Because if you fall off the bike the hospital will turn you away without passport details. Also some rental places eg bikes will want to keep your passport as deposit. The Embassy take a dim view of it because it is not your passport but the Governments. BYO bike helmets.

I'm told a place called tenderloins is a good place to watch it but is miles from where we are staying (river area) soy70, The area you noted was the area I was advised to watch it from. Otherwise a live AFL overseas monthly pass for the macbook. Thanks for the advice re the passports

The bike tour is not for keen cyclists: it's for the average joe & joanne

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwimgZGomNPTAhUEzLwKHeceCrwQFgguMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tripadvisor.com.au%2FAttraction_Review-g293916-d1048835-Reviews-Co_Van_Kessel_Bangkok_Tours-Bangkok.html&usg=AFQjCNFjweOcVbpgH-xSxkLfsY69n1nRUA

They're rated no 1 on tripadvisor with lots of different tours & a huge number of +ve feedbacks

(we couldn't afford North Caulfield & now we can't afford South Caulfield)

Last edited by watt price tully on Wed May 03, 2017 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:30 pm

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
ronrat wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
Where are you off to?

Thailand for 2 weeks leaving this Friday.

Bangkok, Chang Mai then Khao Lak

I see you're off the US - enjoy.

Very hot in Central Thailand.Might be cooler in Chang Mai. I have an aircon and 2 fans going and sill hot.

Cheers RR. It's 10 degrees in South Caulfield currently!! b& I'm booking to do a bike tour of Bangkok. I save in Melb but will splash out on accomm so we are staying in 4-5 star hotels along the way. Looks like early mornings are the go with hotel pool in the late pm's evenings.

There's a 9 hr bike tour (25 km's using , boats, riding, river cruising etc that I'm thinking of doing on Sunday 7 May) not all riding etc.

Oh wow, that sounds amazing, will your wife ride too?

Unfortunately no. Has a bung knee that since her successful hip op is playing up something chronic - not surprising really no cartilage & osteoarthritis +++. You wouldn't know she works hard everyday & doesn't complain.

I then take the gag off.

As above this company seems pretty good:

The bike tour is not for keen cyclists: it's for the average joe & joanne

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwimgZGomNPTAhUEzLwKHeceCrwQFgguMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tripadvisor.com.au%2FAttraction_Review-g293916-d1048835-Reviews-Co_Van_Kessel_Bangkok_Tours-Bangkok.html&usg=AFQjCNFjweOcVbpgH-xSxkLfsY69n1nRUA

They're rated no 1 on tripadvisor with lots of different tours & a huge number of +ve feedbacks

ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:49 pm

WPT mpt familait with Soi 70 nut the MRT amd BTS are brilliant.Get someone to xhow you where. Cheap, clean. reliable and announcements in English. You won't need a macbook but ring before and speal to an expat. The Thais will tell you the ALI-Foreman fight is on live. The massage places around there (soi 33) are not for massage. But some good pub grub. Robin Hood used to be on the corner.Bike ride looks like it avoids the traffic. Agree with comment about footwear on the travel advisor site. The rain line runs parallell to Sukumvit
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:25 pm

ronrat wrote:
WPT mpt familait with Soi 70 nut the MRT amd BTS are brilliant.Get someone to xhow you where. Cheap, clean. reliable and announcements in English. You won't need a macbook but ring before and speal to an expat. The Thais will tell you the ALI-Foreman fight is on live. The massage places around there (soi 33) are not for massage. But some good pub grub. Robin Hood used to be on the corner.Bike ride looks like it avoids the traffic. Agree with comment about footwear on the travel advisor site. The rain line runs parallell to Sukumvit

I'll be taking my helmet & under-helmet sweat protector & an old pair of runners. Old clothes for an 'ol bloke. Thanks for the advice.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:47 am

I'll be taking my helmet & under-helmet sweat protector & an old pair of runners. Old clothes for an 'ol bloke. Thanks for the advice.[/quote]

Shoes might be useful if you decide to climb the 1000 steps at Chang Mai. I caught the lift.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:47 am

I'll be taking my helmet & under-helmet sweat protector & an old pair of runners. Old clothes for an 'ol bloke. Thanks for the advice.[/quote]

Shoes might be useful if you decide to climb the 1000 steps at Chang Mai. I caught the lift.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:16 pm

Trying to read that bastion of bozos Lonely Planet you are probably down near soi 71 which is between Ekkamai and On Nut stations. Both will easily get you to Soi 33. Probably take about 10 minutes then a walk. If your hotel has a tuk tuk service they will help. There is also a bus along that road but the train is easier. Take plenty coins,
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:16 pm

Went to the doc this morning for the 6 monthly reprimand and stock up on drugs.

Results of the liver ultrasound I had 6 months ago were so good, no need to check for another 6 months. Very Happy last reading on the Cholesterol and blood sugar, same. Very Happy

Did the BP test, which i expected to be high after the last 4 1/2 months of stress, 134/90. Very Happy

Fighting fit for an old fart. Razz

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:34 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Results of the liver ultrasound I had 6 months ago were so good, no need to check for another 6 months. Very Happy last reading on the Cholesterol and blood sugar, same. Very Happy

Did the BP test, which i expected to be high after the last 4 1/2 months of stress, 134/90. Very Happy

Your liver must have given birth to another.

How else can you explain it?

You're the long lost half brother of Pol Pot, Piss Pot. Laughing

Last edited by swoop42 on Sat May 06, 2017 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:44 pm

I'm just quite happy for all of my long-suffering, Carlton-supporting friends.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 5:44 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

just wait for the media conference, should be good!! we got nutted, our nuts got nutted, nutted nutted nutted!! its ok though, no need to motivate them!
im happy im not driving home, the spa is hot, the red is cold, the puppy could make Ed smile tonight - well - maybe not!

**** it **** it **** it, where the **** was that team that played ggfrickenlong? wherewasthatgameplan? whydidntlevitsganyone?

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:12 pm

think positive wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

just wait for the media conference, should be good!! we got nutted, our nuts got nutted, nutted nutted nutted!! its ok though, no need to motivate them!
im happy im not driving home, the spa is hot, the red is cold, the puppy could make Ed smile tonight - well - maybe not!

**** it **** it **** it, where the **** was that team that played ggfrickenlong? wherewasthatgameplan? whydidntlevitsganyone?

Ewww, cold red? Shocked
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:16 pm

banrock station crimson cab, much better cold!
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:06 pm

Ewww Banrock Station
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:12 pm

swoop42 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Your liver must have given birth to another.

How else can you explain it?

Milkthistle Cool

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 721, 722, 723 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 722 of 866   

Jump to: