Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 720, 721, 722 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Morrigu wrote:
^ Have a great trip!! Cool

Cheers, looking fwd to to it.

Aren't you going away too?

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:17 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
^ Have a great trip!! Cool

Cheers, looking fwd to to it.

Aren't you going away too?

Yep Zimbabwe, Botswana and Namibia with a quick 2 day trip to Cape Town to see our adopted lions. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:47 pm

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
Where are you off to?

Thailand for 2 weeks leaving this Friday.

Bangkok, Chang Mai then Khao Lak

I see you're off the US - enjoy.

Very hot in Central Thailand.Might be cooler in Chang Mai. I have an aircon and 2 fans going and sill hot.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:33 pm

Speaking of trips.

Spoke to the new boss on Friday, got approval for some leave.
Double checked last night cos a few things are going wonky, offered to delay for a week, nah all good.
This morning, got online and booked 4 nights in Port Douglas and 1 in Cairns starting next Friday Very Happy
This arvo, things getting wonkier, boss asks if i could put the leave back by a week as offered. Said, sorry, i just paid a deposit on the accommodation. All good, I'm off. Very Happy

1 day at home, 5 nights in FNQ, then 4 at home before back to work in my old job. I'll have a longer break later in the year, I just really need to be able to reset my brain after near 5 months of acting up. The new boss is in, and she's great, and even though I'm trying to help orient her, there's so much shit i can't handover so I'm approving stuff I'm not delegated to and dealing with stuff I shouldn't. Just got to get away, hit reset on the brain and come back.

Place I stay in Port is expensive, but it's across the road from the beach, shops in short walking distance and i have an upstairs apartment with a balcony facing the ocean. I can sit on the balcony with a 6 pack and/or a bottle of red, feel the ocean breeze, hear the waves, and just chill.

happy little Vegemite Very Happy

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:41 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Speaking of trips.

Double checked last night cos a few things are going wonky, offered to delay for a week, nah all good.
This morning, got online and booked 4 nights in Port Douglas and 1 in Cairns starting next Friday Very Happy
This arvo, things getting wonkier, boss asks if i could put the leave back by a week as offered. Said, sorry, i just paid a deposit on the accommodation. All good, I'm off. Very Happy

1 day at home, 5 nights in FNQ, then 4 at home before back to work in my old job. I'll have a longer break later in the year, I just really need to be able to reset my brain after near 5 months of acting up. The new boss is in, and she's great, and even though I'm trying to help orient her, there's so much shit i can't handover so I'm approving stuff I'm not delegated to and dealing with stuff I shouldn't. Just got to get away, hit reset on the brain and come back.

Place I stay in Port is expensive, but it's across the road from the beach, shops in short walking distance and i have an upstairs apartment with a balcony facing the ocean. I can sit on the balcony with a 6 pack and/or a bottle of red, feel the ocean breeze, hear the waves, and just chill.

Factor. Not paying out for therapy! That room by the coast sounds like natural therapy! Cheers enjoy, it sounds like you have earned it! Xx

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:44 pm

Are they exactly the same? Where did you get apartment with a balcony facing the ocean ?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:52 pm

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Speaking of trips.

Factor. Not paying out for therapy! That room by the coast sounds like natural therapy! Cheers enjoy, it sounds like you have earned it! Xx

Cheers Jo, i need it. I'm still a tightarse in some things, habit from years of having no coin, but on a break like this the coin is worth it. Just got to stay focused for the 5 working days left.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:53 pm

Sounds lovely and relaxing Stui!!👍

It is surprising how long it takes to turn the brain off work mode - I found myself checking work emails - just habit I think - hubby turned it off and hid the phone and the charger Razz

Speaking of expensive we have seriously lashed out this trip to stay at a place called Amalinda in the Matobo Hills in Zimbabwe - only for 2 nights and then it's back in the 4WD roof top camper - hope one of us remembers to pull the ladder up! Laughing

Last edited by Morrigu on Wed May 03, 2017 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:16 pm

When the kids are with us we tend to go economy, but last year I lashed out for the four nights in New York, really nice hotel 2 blocks from tines square, in a nice safe area. Worth every cent, close to the subway too. I always figure you don't spend much time in the room, but by the sea is different! We stayed right on Waikiki beach last year, it was magnificent. The up coming trip, I've booked 13 hotels! We will find three more on the road. Most I went for good price/good review, but we have four nights in the ice field parkway, 1 at lake Louise, 2 at sunwapta falls (near Jasper) and 1 in Banff. The two nights I've booked a chalet for the four of us, it's got an upstairs bedroom, (via a ladder!) a bedroom downstairs, kitchen, bathroom, and a log fire! The grounds outside look like a fairytale, I couldn't resist! And I also booked the same room in the same hotel at Niagara Falls! My girlfriend insisted after seeing the photos!

Had the odd night at crown, but the biggest splash out I've ever done was 6 nights at Disneyworld, and it really was magical! I lucked in the deal of the century, all my friends have stayed off site! I can still taste the food we had now! Steaks to die for!

Off to the gym so I can lose a couple to gain back in a couple of weeks!

Don't forget the sunscreen WPT ronrat says it's mega hot!

ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:27 am

Don't forget the sunscreen WPT ronrat says it's mega hot![/quote]

39 tommorrow in Bangkok.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:30 am

I lost my train of thought.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:45 am

ronrat wrote:
Don't forget the sunscreen WPT ronrat says it's mega hot!

39 tommorrow in Bangkok.[/quote]

Ugh, 16 here, brrrrr!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:42 am

ronrat wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
Where are you off to?

Very hot in Central Thailand.Might be cooler in Chang Mai. I have an aircon and 2 fans going and sill hot.

Cheers RR. It's 10 degrees in South Caulfield currently!! b& I'm booking to do a bike tour of Bangkok. I save in Melb but will splash out on accomm so we are staying in 4-5 star hotels along the way. Looks like early mornings are the go with hotel pool in the late pm's evenings.

There's a 9 hr bike tour (25 km's using , boats, riding, river cruising etc that I'm thinking of doing on Sunday 7 May) not all riding etc.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:17 pm

watt price tully wrote:
ronrat wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
Where are you off to?

Cheers RR. It's 10 degrees in South Caulfield currently!! b& I'm booking to do a bike tour of Bangkok. I save in Melb but will splash out on accomm so we are staying in 4-5 star hotels along the way. Looks like early mornings are the go with hotel pool in the late pm's evenings.

There's a 9 hr bike tour (25 km's using , boats, riding, river cruising etc that I'm thinking of doing on Sunday 7 May) not all riding etc.

Oh wow, that sounds amazing, will your wife ride too?

ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:28 pm

watt price tully wrote:
ronrat wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
Where are you off to?

I used to live in North Caulfield before I moved here. Your struggle will be to find a pub showing the scum game as the Australia plus network isn't showing it.Not sure where you are staying but there afre generally a few pubs showing iaround Sukumvit soi 33 (near Soi Cowboy. Robin Hood if still going could be one.

You are a brave man riding a bicycle in Bangkok. Ghang Mai around the city maybe and the island no worries.

Go to a photo store , [;enty around, and get a laminated credit card sized copy of your passport and visa on reverse . Should cost around 2 bucks, Keep that with you and leave your passport in the safe, Because if you fall off the bike the hospital will turn you away without passport details. Also some rental places eg bikes will want to keep your passport as deposit. The Embassy take a dim view of it because it is not your passport but the Governments. BYO bike helmets.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 720, 721, 722 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 721 of 866   

Jump to: