Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 716, 717, 718 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:53 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Packed away my thanksfornothingfumenopausefatpants today! That felt good!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:43 pm

think positive wrote:
Gawd, your nuts!

But try doctor Reuben Branson, was Collingwood doctor in 2010, I get a yearly shot of synvisc one in each knee from him, its miraculous the way it shuts down aches and pains! Way cheaper than new knees!

Cheers. My knees are fine but weren't last night. Getting up & down from chairs & the car was a bit painful but the pain dissipates soon enough. Took magnesium & 1 aspirin which settled it overnight. I'm driving to work shortly.

We're of to Adelaide on Friday morning - bulk early, leave here about 4.30 am. Then the ride on Sunday

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/7053583

Mrs WPT will be off to gardens & galleries while I'm off on the ride.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:54 pm

think positive wrote:
Hey great stuff, and those courts are awful didn't they still had them

Ashwood/Waverley District is probably one of the few associations with the old asphalt courts. Club rooms and toilets are small and well overdue for an upgrade. Compared to other associations facilities are very antiquated, especially when your consider the size of the competition - over 200 teams playing on a Saturday

Federal govt. has promised $800K to redevelop the courts but won't hold my breath waiting for that to come through. Land is actually owned by the state education dept. and the local council has not been willing to commit any funds to any upgrades to date.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:28 pm

Ah yes junior played a couple of rep days there ole you get the courts soon , cheers
ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:44 am

watt price tully wrote:
Holidays coming up. Having 5-6 weeks off: 2 weeks with Mrs WPT in Thailand: 4 days Bangkok, 6 days Chang Mai & 4 days in Kao Lak going in the second week of May although my leave starts in the last week of April. Flights booked (Thai Airlines), hotels booked. Very Happy Very Happy

If you have never been to Chang Mai you will probably go to the mountain with the Karon people and the big monastery with a 1000 steps. Ask for the lift. 20 baht and there in a few minutes. It is not advertised much. Unless you feel the need to walk 1000 steps.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:05 am

ronrat wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Holidays coming up. Having 5-6 weeks off: 2 weeks with Mrs WPT in Thailand: 4 days Bangkok, 6 days Chang Mai & 4 days in Kao Lak going in the second week of May although my leave starts in the last week of April. Flights booked (Thai Airlines), hotels booked. Very Happy Very Happy

If you have never been to Chang Mai you will probably go to the mountain with the Karon people and the big monastery with a 1000 steps. Ask for the lift. 20 baht and there in a few minutes. It is not advertised much. Unless you feel the need to walk 1000 steps.

It's WPT.

He'll walk the steps and probably with a 20kg bag of rice on his back to distribute to the poor.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:46 pm

ronrat wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Cheers for the advice. My oldest returned from Thailand not too long ago & loved Chang Mai and mentioned the Karon people. The only concern I have is am I going to be looking at a human zoo? (so to speak) I sweat too much to probably climb 1000 steps however Mrs WPT will definitely take the lift (although she freaks out with heights) & has a bad knee. So we'll see. I'm thinking about the day/night tours by bike in Bangkok & Chang Mai - not serious bike riding but a good way to have a look see.

I love the food in South East Asia - so some serious eating is in order - I've been getting good practice in so far. I'm training hard.

Last edited by watt price tully on Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:47 pm

swoop42 wrote:
ronrat wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

It's WPT.

He'll walk the steps and probably with a 20kg bag of rice on his back to distribute to the poor.

Ha ha! Except I'd have eaten the rice if it was cooked.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:42 pm

Well I've been holding off until I got the ok from Sharnee.... she wanted to have all the tests and find out that everything was ok, and today she did!

Skids is going to be a grandfather Smile .... it's a pretty amazing feeling to know I'm going to have a grand-daughter in September Cool

I like it Smile it made me happy today!

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:43 pm

How do you know Your wife wanted to have all the tests and find out that everything was ok and she did?
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:17 am

HAL wrote:
How do you know Your wife wanted to have all the tests and find out that everything was ok and she did?

My daughter Hal.... how could my wife possibly give me a grandchild you tin can!?

HAL 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:21 am

A lot of practice.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:42 am

Skids wrote:
HAL wrote:

My daughter Hal.... how could my wife possibly give me a grandchild you tin can!?

Well, if your son and your wife.......never mind.

Congrats pappy.

I'm a Grandad, it's cool.

HAL 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:43 am

Oh well thanks for trying to explain it to me anyway.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:41 am

Skids wrote:
Well I've been holding off until I got the ok from Sharnee.... she wanted to have all the tests and find out that everything was ok, and today she did!

Skids is going to be a grandfather Smile .... it's a pretty amazing feeling to know I'm going to have a grand-daughter in September Cool

I like it Smile it made me happy today!

whoooohooo congrats

(keep in mind child, not racehorse, when it comes to the name!! "no commitment" or rover, nahhh!!)

really cool news, enjoy xxx

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 716, 717, 718 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 717 of 866   

Jump to: