Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 707, 708, 709 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:41 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks WPT xxxx
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:53 pm

What a magnificent day!

Took the JetSki to port Arlington, drove it straight off the trailer and took off for about 40 min, came back and hubby and junior had chairs etc set up, and hubby had a mini BBQ set up and had cooked hamburgers, don't know what time e got up but he had made salad, and quinoa with prawns and spring onions, (he must have gone to the supermarket early) all served up in a fresh irresistible tiger roll!
Read 20 chapters of a Jackie Collins novel while they had turns, then junior came looking for me as she found a couple of dolphins playing in a cove, which just finished the day of perfectly.

The eldest had dinner cooked when we got home, now for a swim.

Hope your Sunday was just as good xxxxx

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:55 pm

My day was spoiled ever so slightly by jet skis hooning near my house at Portarlington. Wink
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:06 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
My day was spoiled ever so slightly by jet skis hooning near my house at Portarlington. Wink

Chuck us a beer and we will knick off up the road!

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:09 pm

I am glad to hear that you are not beautiful White House on the cliff is it.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:18 pm

The last of the "naughty children" AKA oxygen thieves caught - well done VicPol Exclamation

Don't rest but cause the hand wringers will be up in arms if they are actually punished - so next time they get out and run amok when you catch them deposit them on the doorstep of Hugh de Kretser!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:39 pm

Fine fellow, Hugh - gave up a promising career at Australia's best law firm to do this work. Instead of being filthy rich - as he undoubtedly would have been - he decided to do something that barely pays. A little integrity goes a long way. Important work - and especially so when so many ordinary people seem to hate it so much.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:19 pm

Home after best part of 600km road trip.

had to drive to Finley and back to pick up a chair for my daughter. Took mum along for the ride as well, first time she's been back up home for 9-10 months, so she got to see the old house again, have lunch with her brother, we called in and saw her sister in law for a quick G'Day, up to the cemetery to say g'Day to Dad.

Daughter drove from Tocumwal to a bit past Nagambie to give my eyes a rest, so they aren't as gritty as usual after a fair long drive.

Good day. Long, but good. Cracked a can of cider when I walked in the door, nearly gone in 2 mouthfuls.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:08 am

- enjoy xxx

And WOW! The Aussie open!
Williams vs Williams, love them both, just super stars, superpowers!

And then Rafa, gorgeous gorgeous Rafa, vs the professor, my god you couldn't script it better!

Cmon Nadal, one more time!

Epic win!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:55 am

Love the tennis. It's the best two weeks of the year when the Australian Open is on. I was at Melbourne Park for most of week 1 so that explains why I was barely posting for most of the week.

There's certainly a feeling of nostalgia with both the Williams sisters reaching the finals and then Nadal and Federer playing on Sunday. I never thought I'd see Nadal and Federer play each other in a Grand Slam final again so it's a real treat for fans of the sport.

I'm really hoping Nadal prevails as well as I've never been Federer's biggest fan for various reasons, plus it would mean he would narrow the gap of two grand slams between him and Federer. Federer has won 17 slams as opposed to Nadal's 14.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:15 am

I'm going for Federer because it's probably his last chance to win one (though who knows – maybe he'll play until he's 50). But generally speaking I'd be happy to see someone other than Federer/Nadal/Murray/Djokovic win for once. Disappointed the Bulgarian guy lost last night.
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:20 am

David wrote:
Disappointed the Bulgarian guy lost last night.

Dimitrov is a gun, he'll get his chance. No doubt.

But I too am rapt for Rafa and Rog. I love how much they seem to love each other! I'll be going for Federer but also won't be disappointed either way. They're both true champions.

#SIDEBYSIDE
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:57 pm

David wrote:
I'm going for Federer because it's probably his last chance to win one (though who knows – maybe he'll play until he's 50). But generally speaking I'd be happy to see someone other than Federer/Nadal/Murray/Djokovic win for once. Disappointed the Bulgarian guy lost last night.

I also get sick of watching the Same Players/Teams win stuff all the time.

Except for Collingwood of Course Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:39 pm

Jezza wrote:
Love the tennis. It's the best two weeks of the year when the Australian Open is on. I was at Melbourne Park for most of week 1 so that explains why I was barely posting for most of the week.

There's certainly a feeling of nostalgia with both the Williams sisters reaching the finals and then Nadal and Federer playing on Sunday. I never thought I'd see Nadal and Federer play each other in a Grand Slam final again so it's a real treat for fans of the sport.

I'm really hoping Nadal prevails as well as I've never been Federer's biggest fan for various reasons, plus it would mean he would narrow the gap of two grand slams between him and Federer. Federer has won 17 slams as opposed to Nadal's 14.

Ditto! Probably on some of the reasons too!

Team Nadal all the way! I reckon roger will win though, and it's so good to see both of them back in the finals, lady Horah maybe, hopefully it's a great match.

Can't wait for the Williams sisters either, and yes before anyone goes there I know they sing that popular, but I bloody love them both! Sheer determination, came from nothing, Venus is, well a Venus, simply stunning, and Serena is an Amazon, I just love her. Not fussed who wins, I'll be stoked either way, perfect finals in my mind, not often you get four old stars back in it. And they are all legends.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:55 pm

Serena comes out on top again winning her 23rd Grand Slam and going 2nd in the all-time grand slam winners ranking behind only Margaret Court who has won 24 grand slams (both in the Amateur and Open Era).

Great effort by Venus to reach the final as well considering the ongoing health battles she's been dealing with, specifically with Sjogren's Syndrome which she was diagnosed with in 2011.

I think Nadal will win in 3 or 4 sets despite having played a taxing match against Dimitrov and with Federer having the luxury of an extra day's break.

The head to head between Nadal and Federer speaks for itself, and it doesn't make for good reading for Federer, plus I think Nadal will exploit Federer's weak backhand with his famous topspin shots.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 707, 708, 709 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 708 of 866   

Jump to: