Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 698, 699, 700 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Ingmar's second birthday today. Time flies! We bought him a traintrack, a little plastic table that you can put sand and water into, a couple of Peppa Pig DVDs and, to quote Withnail & I, "a doll wot pisses itself". Will hopefully help with the toilet training. Smile

Here come the terrible twos! Nah, I love that age, enjoy!

Oh and don't get him on that bloody train track choice thing of yours too early! Yes I been reading it!

All the best mate xxx

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:11 pm

If so, I hope he'll come up with a better solution than this. Wink

https://youtu.be/-N_RZJUAQY4

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:32 pm

David wrote:
Ingmar's second birthday today. Time flies! We bought him a traintrack, a little plastic table that you can put sand and water into, a couple of Peppa Pig DVDs and, to quote Withnail & I, "a doll wot pisses itself". Will hopefully help with the toilet training. Smile

Wow that went fast!! Shocked

Happy birthday to the rugrat - glad his birthday was before the bet needs to be settled or a few less presents maybe Wink Laughing Laughing

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:53 pm

Lol believe me, we were scraping the bottom of the barrel as it is! Wink
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:07 am

Happy birthday to him, David. Love does matter more than presents, though you should be pleased that you are still in the age when a train track is considered a treat. When the consumer economy really gets hold of the poor kid, he'll be wanting an iPhone for his third. And a Samsung will mean a hanging bottom lip.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:09 am

^ As the not-so-proud owner of a Samsung, I can testify to the truth of that. Crying or Very sad
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:46 pm

Went to the doc last Monday and she wanted me to do a liver test cos last time one of the indicators was just a tad elevated so she wanted to keep an eye on it. Did the test that day and got a phone call on Friday to say to come in, she wanted to discuss the results.

OK.

Went in this arvo, that same single indicator is a little higher than last time. It may be related to alcohol consumption or a fatty liver so I'm going in for an ultrasound sometime soon (hope I'm not pregnant)

The part that made me happy is, for the 10 days prior to the blood test I'd been on Holidays in Port Douglas and then working in the yard at home and drinking like a sailor on shore leave. If the indicators are only a little bit up and not actually a problem at the moment after that kind of abuse, it's working pretty damn well. Very Happy

I'll do the test and keep an eye on it, but pretty happy.

Apart from that, back yard is pretty much all cleared up, retaining wall and steps are done so I can get out and start moving stuff around.

last thing to do is bring back the bobcat and move the dirt and concrete splash to landscape the yard. Old Steve the mad w0g is coming over on the weekend with the machines and I'm being his labourer for the day to finish the job off. Very Happy

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:37 am

stui magpie wrote:
Went to the doc last Monday and she wanted me to do a liver test cos last time one of the indicators was just a tad elevated so she wanted to keep an eye on it. Did the test that day and got a phone call on Friday to say to come in, she wanted to discuss the results.

OK.

Went in this arvo, that same single indicator is a little higher than last time. It may be related to alcohol consumption or a fatty liver so I'm going in for an ultrasound sometime soon (hope I'm not pregnant)

The part that made me happy is, for the 10 days prior to the blood test I'd been on Holidays in Port Douglas and then working in the yard at home and drinking like a sailor on shore leave. If the indicators are only a little bit up and not actually a problem at the moment after that kind of abuse, it's working pretty damn well. Very Happy

I'll do the test and keep an eye on it, but pretty happy.

Apart from that, back yard is pretty much all cleared up, retaining wall and steps are done so I can get out and start moving stuff around.

last thing to do is bring back the bobcat and move the dirt and concrete splash to landscape the yard. Old Steve the mad w0g is coming over on the weekend with the machines and I'm being his labourer for the day to finish the job off. Very Happy

Good luck with that Stui.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:43 am

Second time in 16 years I'm getting Christmas day & Boxing day off on my roster which came out yesterday. I had only very few shifts in the last few rosters with the Police now getting more time. The good thing with the police is the relative autonomy that goes with the job. The shifts are 2-10 pm which is OK unless you have a 7 am shift the next day
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:46 am

Gees do they do that to you very often? I'd just sleep in an empty bed instead of going home!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:05 pm

Well the mad w0g couldn't come today to do the dirt clean up, his bobcat has shit itself. But I still got some stuff done.

Took the opportunity to chill a bit in the morning, went out for breakie (smashed avo on toast with a poached egg and maple bacon), little bit of shopping at Bunnings and Dan Murphy's and home before midday.

6 wheelbarrow loads of stuff into the trailer, bit of weeding down the back, then back to Bunnings for a couple of treated pine slabs (190x35x2400) to cap off the retaining wall. Finishes it off nicely and makes the top into a bench seat.

Gave the retaining wall, steps and top all a dose of charcoal stain, came up a treat. (Fkn dog decided he wanted to go back to his kennel which involved walking up the freshly stained steps. Yelled at him three times and stalled him for 30 minutes, finally just picked him up and put him in his kennel. Fat bastard)

Got some plants in large black ceramic pots on the high side of the retaining wall, my chilli plants, couple of tomatillo seedlings and some indigenous bush limes and variants along with the blood orange.

Looks good. I'll drop some lilydale topping up on the top part once I get everything else cleaned up and finished.

Shit's coming together. Lots of stuff to do but i can choose what I want when i feel like it which is mint.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:51 am

stui magpie wrote:
Well the mad w0g couldn't come today to do the dirt clean up, his bobcat has shit itself. But I still got some stuff done.

Took the opportunity to chill a bit in the morning, went out for breakie (smashed avo on toast with a poached egg and maple bacon), little bit of shopping at Bunnings and Dan Murphy's and home before midday.

6 wheelbarrow loads of stuff into the trailer, bit of weeding down the back, then back to Bunnings for a couple of treated pine slabs (190x35x2400) to cap off the retaining wall. Finishes it off nicely and makes the top into a bench seat.

Gave the retaining wall, steps and top all a dose of charcoal stain, came up a treat. (Fkn dog decided he wanted to go back to his kennel which involved walking up the freshly stained steps. Yelled at him three times and stalled him for 30 minutes, finally just picked him up and put him in his kennel. Fat bastard)

Got some plants in large black ceramic pots on the high side of the retaining wall, my chilli plants, couple of tomatillo seedlings and some indigenous bush limes and variants along with the blood orange.

Looks good. I'll drop some lilydale topping up on the top part once I get everything else cleaned up and finished.

Shit's coming together. Lots of stuff to do but i can choose what I want when i feel like it which is mint.

sounds good. Can you put a picture of the charcoal stained deck up (here or FB). I have to restain mine - or get someone to do it for me - and was thinking of charcoal but wasn't sure how it'd look...
Then, if you wanted to do mine that'd be fine too Wink
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:38 pm

^

Hah, Will do. The photo that is. Razz Wink

I'll also put the name of the stuff up, it's an outdoor timber treatment as well as a stain, goes on easy with a paintbrush and makes the treated pine retaining wall come up well.

I used similar stuff on my back deck last year and posted about it on Facebook but your the first to ask for Deck pics. Razz

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:50 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Hah, Will do. The photo that is. Razz Wink

I'll also put the name of the stuff up, it's an outdoor timber treatment as well as a stain, goes on easy with a paintbrush and makes the treated pine retaining wall come up well.

I used similar stuff on my back deck last year and posted about it on Facebook but your the first to ask for Deck pics. Razz

LOL.

So that's a no to doing mine? Wink
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:58 pm

Unless you're offering massages afterwards, I'll have to say no. Wink
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 698, 699, 700 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 699 of 866   

Jump to: