Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 694, 695, 696 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he had concession or junior tickets and had to pay for upgrade to adults?

I am happy for the die hard Dogs supporters who have stuck with the club through all the hard times but myself and the red headed chick picked the Swans on Saturday and they are certainly not my '2nd' team. I only have one team. And all those telling me I had to support the Dogs because I am a Victorian, stuff that. Most of them don't even follow the footy.

One of my co workers asked this morning if I followed the Bulldogs.......while I am at my desk with a cup of tea in my Magpies mug!

Last edited by Dark Beanie on Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:46 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:
Maybe he had concession or junior tickets and had to pay for upgrade to adults?

I am happy for the die hard Dogs supporters who have stuck with the club through all the hard times but myself and the red headed chick picked the Swans on Saturday and they are certainly not my '2nd' team. I only have one team. And all those telling me I had to support the Dogs because I am a Victorian, stuff that. Most of them don'even follow the footy.

One of my co workers asked this morning if I followed the Bulldogs.......while I am at my desk with a cup tea in my Magpies mug!

Hehe! Cheers!

No they had adult tickets, but they were someone else's MCC tickets. His sons mates tickets. Apparently that's a big no no! Stupid really, better that the ground is full, they should sell tickets if members are not going to use them. I haven't spoken to him personally, hubby told me. I'll ask him when I see him.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:47 pm

think positive wrote:
luvdids wrote:
think positive wrote:
my BIL used to take his kids every week, and now he is seriously ill. he paid $500 each for 2 tickets, and then got randomly checked by security and had to cough up another $800! he said he would of paid $20,000 and still been happy!

Huh? What was the security check for, and what the hell was the extra $800 for? Shocked

Scalped tickets from an MCC member! They did an ID check. Not sure if the guy who sold them will get in trouble now. Reading back that does sound strange, sorry!

Mmm, interesting as MCC members don't get tickets - they scan their membership card, nothing to scalp. And if that even was the case, the member will have his/her membership stripped. And still doesn't explain why he had to cough up an extra $800.

I think this is one of those times when the answer to a question just raises more questions Wink Laughing
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:04 pm

luvdids wrote:
think positive wrote:
luvdids wrote:
think positive wrote:
my BIL used to take his kids every week, and now he is seriously ill. he paid $500 each for 2 tickets, and then got randomly checked by security and had to cough up another $800! he said he would of paid $20,000 and still been happy!

Huh? What was the security check for, and what the hell was the extra $800 for? Shocked

Scalped tickets from an MCC member! They did an ID check. Not sure if the guy who sold them will get in trouble now. Reading back that does sound strange, sorry!

Mmm, interesting as MCC members don't get tickets - they scan their membership card, nothing to scalp. And if that even was the case, the member will have his/her membership stripped. And still doesn't explain why he had to cough up an extra $800.

I think this is one of those times when the answer to a question just raises more questions Wink Laughing

hmmmm, that is interesting! i will be asking those questions!! maybe he got conned!!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:14 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:
And all those telling me I had to support the Dogs because I am a Victorian, stuff that. Most of them don'even follow the footy.

I don't remember anyone supporting us as the sole Victorian team against Brisbane in 2002 and 2003.

We shouldn't be reciprocating the other way either.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:23 pm

I always pick a team to barrack for in the grand final (and in most 'neutral' games, really). Of course it's silly to tell someone they have an obligation to follow a certain team, but I was happy that the Bulldogs won.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:47 pm

Sitting outside n knickers and a t! OMG sunshine, please stay
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:02 pm

think positive wrote:

Is Sunshine your nickname for the pool boy? Razz

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:37 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:

Is Sunshine your nickname for the pool boy? Razz

Hehehe. Good one!

I wish!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:36 am

Man what a day! Fell into bed at 2am sat after finishing the DVD for juniors 21st, up at 7am, ran around alllllll day!party started at 7pm, was a fantastic night! About 45 family and friends, and another 45 ferals and friskies!
We had a spit and all the trimmings, everyone behaved, most of the family/friends left around 11, and then the kids started dancing. I started cleaning up around 11.30 and the kids all pitched in, especially the ex and all the netball team! Great speeches, no feral drunks, was brilliant! Got home a bout 1.30am, and checked out the pressies, she got spoilt rotten! she is a well loved kid. She is just a really good person. Got to go back and wash the floor in the morning, and empty the van (we used a refrigerated van we gave at the moment, very handy! Some one said we r out of coke, I just went out and grabbed an ice cold slab! ) it's her birthday, well today now! Got to sneak to the workshop and stick a bow on her pressie, we updated her car. Another Ford Focus but 1 owner, newer, low Klm really good condition. Can't wait to see her face! Cheers.

Oh my aching-well everything actually!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:54 am

nice one

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-13/tyler-wright-wins-surfing-world-title/7927964?section=sport

also nice that i post a fair bit in the happy thread!

happy happy happy thats me!! cheers

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:58 am

piedys wrote:
The Prototype wrote:

Finally starting to get over a nasty infection, I am not sure what caused this one I have been eating right, and all. Doctor didn't shed much light on the matter, just asked my medical history, etc. But it's almost gone so it's all good. Smile

Doctor's advice: stay in bed and watch all Star Wars movies in chronological order. Only commence with ep.1 Phantom Menace if vomiting needs to be induced. Wink

me and junior did that after the 2011 grand final, shut ourselves in the theatre room, where we couldnt hear phones door bells, the news, stayed there til 3 in the morning, only venturing out for food and drink

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:11 pm

^

I hope you also ventured out to use the toilet. Shocked Razz

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:04 pm

think positive wrote:
Man what a day! Fell into bed at 2am sat after finishing the DVD for juniors 21st, up at 7am, ran around alllllll day!party started at 7pm, was a fantastic night! About 45 family and friends, and another 45 ferals and friskies!
We had a spit and all the trimmings, everyone behaved, most of the family/friends left around 11, and then the kids started dancing. I started cleaning up around 11.30 and the kids all pitched in, especially the ex and all the netball team! Great speeches, no feral drunks, was brilliant! Got home a bout 1.30am, and checked out the pressies, she got spoilt rotten! she is a well loved kid. She is just a really good person. Got to go back and wash the floor in the morning, and empty the van (we used a refrigerated van we gave at the moment, very handy! Some one said we r out of coke, I just went out and grabbed an ice cold slab! ) it's her birthday, well today now! Got to sneak to the workshop and stick a bow on her pressie, we updated her car. Another Ford Focus but 1 owner, newer, low Klm really good condition. Can't wait to see her face! Cheers.

Oh my aching-well everything actually!

Lucky girl, great stuff TP. You need a rest after that!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:36 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

I hope you also ventured out to use the toilet. Shocked Razz

Hmmm yeah I think so!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 694, 695, 696 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 695 of 866   

Jump to: