Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 693, 694, 695 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
Sounds cool - loved Port Douglas - you've been before too yes?

Lucky you are out of there before November - ortho conference up there then - yuk!!

That seems a lot to pay?? We didn't pay much more in taxes for return to Joburg premium economy with FF points Confused

been there before several time. Love the place.

I thought $350 for up and back was damn good, $175 each way. If you can get to Jo berg for less you either had a metric fuckload of FF points or you were flying on a weather balloon. Confused

U also said you used SOME not all FF points yeah? And an aisle seat? I'd be happy with $175! Who is it with?
I remember paying heaps to fly to Cairns, it's gone down a lot.

Went with Virgin as they had a direct flight, all the Qantas ones stopped at either Sydney or Brisbane.

And yeah, aisle seat in the exit row, so extra leg room.

You had me at direct flight!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:23 pm

3 1/2 hours instead of 6-7 with mucking around and changing planes, I'm happy.

Woman I work with just got back, her and the fambly went up there, Jetstar direct flights $500+ each return.

I'm happy.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:55 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I'm happy.

That's the most important thing! Cool

Sorry wasn't having a go I was just genuinely surprised how much the taxes were with FF points.

Maybe Virgin and Qantas are different? Dunno I've never flown with Virgin or Jetstar for that matter so am clueless.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:45 pm

^

Don't be sorry, apart from the occasional brain fart I don't take stuff personally.

I have NFI what the tax amount was, I was quoting the total cost and yeah I'm happy.

I'm paying a premium where I'm staying. I could easily get a lot cheaper but it's a no kids allowed place so no whinging rug rats around the pool, and I get a room with a balcony looking out over the beach and ocean. I've stayed there before and I do the staffs head in because I turn off the aircon at night, open up all the doors onto the balcony and let the sea breeze come in. Bliss.

As soon as I go out in the morning, the people come in, lock the place up and turn the air con back on. Razz Laughing

breakfast is included in the room price, so when I get up in the morning I just have to cross the road to hit the beach, go for a walk and a swim, then I can come back and eat as little or as much as I want.

Everything is in walking distance, and I can just chill.

The woman who I work with who just got back said to me, she knows now why it's my " go to" place and she'll be going back. If you're looking for a party place, wrong joint. If you're looking for somewhere that within 2 days you're so relaxed you want to live there, that's it.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:54 pm

^ ah gotcha - sounds wonderful!!

Been there twice and was pleasantly surprised at how many places offer kid free and yep that is certainly worth paying more for. Wink Very Happy

Some seriously good food on offer too yum yum!!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:39 am

1.21 -am finally finished a photo book for juniors 21st! It's uploading now!
60 pages, so many memories, so many good times. From new born, to cheeky toddler, to primary school, captain of red house, and winning the trophy!
Lots of netball, and of course, lots of Collingwood! Lots of fantastic holiday snaps.
High school, wow, amazing to see the same group of friends, some from grade prep, still besties now!
And Fiona..... junior said please make sure she's in there.....I already had.
So heart breaking to sort through the photos, acting crazy at school, sleep overs, the last day of high school, muck up day, and the beautiful school formal. And the last photo, just days beforewe lost her, at the first of many many 21st parties this year. Lots of tissues .....
I still can't believe she's gone. Junior is the youngest, so the last one to go through it. Hang tough in the speeches, but they have never left her out. These braves kids sticking together, being there for each other....

So as my baby turns 21 I look back and count my blessings. I love both my kids so much, they are amazing, and now that I have the eldest back in the land of humanoids, it's really brilliant.
But I know I have been so damn lucky with Junior, shared so many great times. Footy, the mud runs, She still wants me at every netball game! (Good thing, tonight she got flattened in a mixed game, landed on her head, banged up her elbow, hit hard enough She actually came off the court. I let the guy live.)
Our membership renewals came today, and I'm keeping the legend bit for us both. I'll take every moment I can get with her! And one day, hopefully sooner rather than later, we will share a winning grand final together, side by side at the MCG!

Cheers guys, life is good xx

Last edited by think positive on Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:59 am; edited 7 times in total
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:15 pm

Daniel Ricciardo wins the Malaysian F1 Very Happy 👍👍👍

Rolls out the shoey bought to international fame by young Jack Miller when he won Assen MotoGP - and gets Horner, Max and Nico to join in Cool Laughing Laughing

And Hamilton DNF - voodoo doll is working well Razz

npalm 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:41 pm

Watching my wife enjoying the on-going celebrations of the bulldogs victory.

She shared my joy in the magpies drought breaking win in 1990 (and again in 2010) and its fantastic that her beloved doggies have finally won through for her.

I went with her to the family day at Whitten oval yesterday and it was great. Interestingly, it appeared to me that the supporters response was as much about relief as it was exaltation. I remember it was the same for many of us when the pies won in 1990.

npalm 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:43 pm

And how great was that flying mark by young Picken in the final quarter. Shades of the old man.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:49 pm

npalm wrote:
And how great was that flying mark by young Picken in the final quarter. Shades of the old man.

That bit was good, but better if he was in his dad's colours

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:09 pm

npalm wrote:

She shared my joy in the magpies drought breaking win in 1990 (and again in 2010) and its fantastic that her beloved doggies have finally won through for her.

I went with her to the family day at Whitten oval yesterday and it was great. Interestingly, it appeared to me that the supporters response was as much about relief as it was exaltation. I remember it was the same for many of us when the pies won in 1990.

Congrats to your wife. I don't think I've ever been as invested emotionally in any GF that the Pies weren't playing in as that one.

I have many family and friends who are lifelong, die hard Footscray supporters. And let's face it, if you're still hanging around now - you must be!

Hope the party's still going. It should be! Very Happy

#SIDEBYSIDE
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:11 pm

npalm wrote:

Good man! I'm so rapt for my doggie friends who have been so loyal and stuck with em - unpaid servants of the club and just fans for so so long.

Sad that there are some seriously miserable whingey whiners out there - but stuff them!!

Drove past Whitten around lunch time yesterday - massive crowd!!!!

Tell her to pop into Footscray hospital - it was over the top Friday - today was just mental!! All the old volunteers who run the Op shop and man the information desk were showing the signs of many happy tears shed - so lovely to see! Cool

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:26 am

Im happy my bulldog supporting friends are happy, i just dont feel the need to join in, and i never look forward to the supporters of the club that won carping on. (i remember when we lost 2011, one honest carlton friend saying thank God for that, now life is back to normal!!) as i posted before the game, i know plenty of died in the wool bulldogs fans. my BIL used to take his kids every week, and now he is seriously ill. he paid $500 each for 2 tickets, and then got randomly checked by security and had to cough up another $800! he said he would of paid $20,000 and still been happy! the old guy up the road, we always used to chat about football when he did his daily laps of the block, he is too frail to walk around the block now, so i knocked on his door last week to wish him well and i hope he enjoys the game! same as my father in law! right now the remnants of the bulldog balloons are still flying off our balcony, and floating around the house scaring the dogs! there is a dirty great bulldog banner on my front door,
and a flag i bought him hanging off his car!

i never expect anyone to be happy for me, or join in the celebrations when we win (all two times while ive been alive!!) and lets face it, its expected to hate Collingwood! not sure why Collingwood fans are not allowed to return that feeling!

if that makes me a seriously whingey whiner so be it!

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:21 pm

think positive wrote:
my BIL used to take his kids every week, and now he is seriously ill. he paid $500 each for 2 tickets, and then got randomly checked by security and had to cough up another $800! he said he would of paid $20,000 and still been happy!

Huh? What was the security check for, and what the hell was the extra $800 for? Shocked
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:32 pm

luvdids wrote:
think positive wrote:
my BIL used to take his kids every week, and now he is seriously ill. he paid $500 each for 2 tickets, and then got randomly checked by security and had to cough up another $800! he said he would of paid $20,000 and still been happy!

Huh? What was the security check for, and what the hell was the extra $800 for? Shocked

Scalped tickets from an MCC member! They did an ID check. Not sure if the guy who sold them will get in trouble now. Reading back that does sound strange, sorry!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 693, 694, 695 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 694 of 866   

Jump to: