Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 692, 693, 694 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Member 7167 wrote:
My brother is wrapped. He is a Claremont life member and played over 200 games for them.

Gives the old bloke a reason to have another frothy.

Judging by the pictures all over Facebook, there hasnt been any shortage of frothies being consumed. One player went to Mad Monday dressed as me, I wasnt too sure how to take it but then figure they must respect me a bit and like me a bit around the club to do that.

I sat with a few of the Claremont people on Saturday, gave a lot of photos to one players mother. Got thanked for doing all the photos all season, it's good for the club no flags for 20 odd years last year they broke through for their first now they have another. It's so good.

I am just making a note of never sitting near the Lockley family, boy my ear is still ringing. Laughing

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:50 pm

Bought this bike for my daughter for her birthday - she missed out for the last 2 years:

Cannondale synapse carbon105

While a 2015 model, they haven't changed in the last couple of years & while pricey it will encourage her to enjoy riding. Lovely bike. Light as & rides smoothly.

My overtime last week upped the budget from up 1000-1500 to 1500-2000. I worked 11 shifts in 10 days with a night shift overtime right after an afternoon shift - so started at at 2pm on a Thursday at 10pm did a night shift & finished at 7.30 am to return that next day at 5.30 pm...Overtime used to pay for my kids orthodontics years ago.

Last edited by watt price tully on Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:53 pm

noice! sorry to pick on you again, but the link gives me 404 and i wanted to perve at the bike!! cheers
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:58 pm

think positive wrote:
noice! sorry to pick on you again, but the link gives me 404 and i wanted to perve at the bike!! cheers

Yeah so I discovered: it's black & white (she's black & red). In PMC (Port Melbourne Cycles) link under specials was about $3K now $2K

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:07 pm

ah, ta, very flash, well done xx
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:16 pm

think positive wrote:
ah, ta, very flash, well done xx

She missed out on at least two birthdays (relatively speaking) when I was alleged to have said I'd get her a bike & a new laptop. She's not getting the new laptop until she enrols in uni. But she'd decided to work full-time next year in a job she loves & has tickets booked to the states in 2017.

A friend she met while she was at Edinburgh uni in '15 (whose grandparents place she stayed at in Paris & parents place in Normandy) is renting an apartment in Harlem (next to Manhattan I'm told) & his girlfriend lives in New Orleans so she's got free accommodation in those two places, lucky her. She's gunna apply to uni next year.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:51 pm

Just booked a week in FNQ last week of October. Very Happy

5 nights in Port Douglas, 1 night in cairns before I fly home, then a few days at home to do some stuff before going back to work. Very Happy

Used some frequent flyer points for the airfare so got return direct flights for bit over $350 including seating in the exit row. Very Happy Very Happy

Just a tad happy. Wink

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:39 pm

Sounds cool - loved Port Douglas - you've been before too yes?

Lucky you are out of there before November - ortho conference up there then - yuk!!

That seems a lot to pay?? We didn't pay much more in taxes for return to Joburg premium economy with FF points Confused

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:02 pm

Oldest daughter just worked 20 days straight Shocked Kicking goals.

Got excellent feedback in her role after 12 months as state retail manager in NSW saying she's achieved in 1 year what they thought would take 4-5 years. Has made good calls with respect to hiring & firing of staff & product.

Turned NSW around from the worst performing state to the best performing state. On the weekend they ran out of stock at the end of Saturday so she contacted to owner & was at the offices at 6.am on Sunday to collect stock & take it to stores as he did, then the national manager also chipped in.

Today bought a cake to take to the staff of one of the stores who apparently worked their backsides off & when she got there they had bought her a huge bunch of flowers Very Happy Very Happy

Proud Dad.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:55 pm

Morrigu wrote:

Lucky you are out of there before November - ortho conference up there then - yuk!!

That seems a lot to pay?? We didn't pay much more in taxes for return to Joburg premium economy with FF points Confused

been there before several time. Love the place.

I thought $350 for up and back was damn good, $175 each way. If you can get to Jo berg for less you either had a metric fuckload of FF points or you were flying on a weather balloon. Confused

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:59 pm

Sometimes I think love is just a biological urge. Other times LOVE seems like a spiritual quality. Love, unlike energy or matter, seems limitless.
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:01 pm

I'm with Morrigu. That's more than I've paid to go to Bali (with no FF points) the last couple of times. No way I'd pay that just to go to Queensland.
#SIDEBYSIDE
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:17 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Morrigu wrote:

I thought $350 for up and back was damn good, $175 each way. If you can get to Jo berg for less you either had a metric fuckload of FF points or you were flying on a weather balloon. Confused

Sorry was just a bit surprised at the cost . Probably not that surprising really air travel within Australia has always been expensive.

Anyway doesn't matter sure you will have a ball 😀

Last edited by Morrigu on Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:50 am; edited 2 times in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:22 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Morrigu wrote:

U also said you used SOME not all FF points yeah? And an aisle seat? I'd be happy with $175! Who is it with?
I remember paying heaps to fly to Cairns, it's gone down a lot.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:44 am

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Morrigu wrote:

U also said you used SOME not all FF points yeah? And an aisle seat? I'd be happy with $175! Who is it with?
I remember paying heaps to fly to Cairns, it's gone down a lot.

Went with Virgin as they had a direct flight, all the Qantas ones stopped at either Sydney or Brisbane.

And yeah, aisle seat in the exit row, so extra leg room.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 692, 693, 694 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 693 of 866   

Jump to: