Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 650, 651, 652 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cameron says the right things on prisons:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/david-cameron-says-half-of-prison-governors-will-get-complete-autonomy-as-he-admits-britains-jail-a6859701.html

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:07 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Not being silly, you could buy one and practice at the local pool. First time I tried snorkelling on the great barrier reef I had a mild panic attack at first and was breathing too heavy but once I focused and slowed my breathing, it was really cool. That water is really buoyant, once you get the hang of breathing you just lie face down and slowly kick your legs.

Make sure you either wear a full lycra suit (very unflattering I know) or douse yourself in sunblock on your back and back of legs or you'll get crisped in 30 minutes flat. I reckon the suit is best.

Cheers - yeah I had to sit on the beach and the boat at the reef - whilst hubby snorkelled but it was still ok and I loved watching him he loved it! He wanted to dive but got all claustrophobic and couldn't which was disappointing for him.

Maybe I should buy one and get over the intubation thing and then go and freeload at Jo's Wink Razz

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:15 pm

Drop a bottle of Bushmills to the bottom of the pool and you'll learn to dive too. Wink
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:19 pm

^ I'm not allowed to dive got a fcked mitral valve from Rheumatic Fever - better get the hubby lessons - can't have a bottle of Bushmills languishing all alone at the bottom of a pool Razz
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:22 pm

Lead floaties will do the trick. Wink
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:28 pm

^ hey no post in this thread, no post in what pisses me off - the move went well with not too much moaning????
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:38 pm

Yeah, few hiccups but pretty much today went about as well as it could have gone.

Poor IT bloke was there most of the day dealing with spotfires despite being in obvious pain with a crook back. He asked if I wanted him to stay about 2pm and I told him to go home and rest FFS, he'd done brilliant.

I got absolutely nothing done except deal with shite about the move, I'm about the only one who still hasn't unpacked their crates, but everyone is in, working and the mood is good. So yeah, I'm happy but frigging tired.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:02 pm

Morrigu wrote:
^ Very Happy

I have to try and learn to snorkel - I've tried and tried but every time I put the thing ( no rude comparisons now!!) in my mouth I gag cause it reminds me of intubating people in ICU and I splutter and flap around like the whales I want to see - maybe they will adopt me!!

Anyone know anywhere that is good to learn by chance?

my pool!

its warm, and im really good at snorkelling!! and i have really good gear, bought it in the bahamas!!
me and my kids in cairns a few years ago!!

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:11 pm

^ oh that looks so cool - I want to be able to that!!!!!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:01 pm

Morrigu wrote:
^ oh that looks so cool - I want to be able to that!!!!!

hehehe, yeah its a cool shot! the photographer said one in a million! usually someone looks awkward!!

i can get you there!! Wink

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:53 pm

A while a ago a young friend of mine came and visited me for a week-end.
It was great and apart from the cold he had only 1 complaint, my old bottle-opener didn't come with instructions.
I promised to find him one that would suit (I don't like complaints when it comes to my hospitality).
It took a while but I did..(kinda, a bottle -opener with instructions:? ...huh?)
I also promised him (a week or two ago) it would be in the mail asap but there was one problem, if I gave him mine I wouldn't have an opener handy if I needed one.
I'm a generation Xer so Yesterdae I decided enough was enough and I went into the shed, rummaged around, found a nut and bolt I wasn't using (they were different sizes for a start).
I drilled a hole in the nut and then hit it with the angle grinder, ground down the bolt on a bench grinder and hammered the toe twogether.
What I got was perfectly satisfactory for what I wanted (it fitted on my key-ring and opens bottles) so I'm happy.
This a.m I went down to the post office and put the promised one in an envelope and posted it off.
I hope he likes it and heeds the warning contained in the note I added.Wink
Cheers Young(ish) man...etc HICK!

Wink

please pardon my spelling Tony (it to is mine and I kinda don't mined the odd lapse or 3.).

Last edited by 3.14159 on Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:27 pm; edited 8 times in total
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:00 pm

Nice pool btw Jo.
Wish I was there*.

* It's been very hot up this wae for a while now and I desperately need a sea-change.
I'm in the middle of making that happen too, but it's hard finding time when I can kick back, watch replays of Collingwood's past glories on my Foxtel, drink a glass (or3) of chilled red and read my friend Christine's new version of Face-book anytime I like... hic x3.!

Last edited by 3.14159 on Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:15 pm

3.14159 wrote:
A while a ago a young friend of mine came and visited me for a week-end.
It was great and apart from the cold he had only 1 complaint, my old bottle-opener didn't come with instructions.
I promised to find him one that would suit (I don't like complaints when it comes to my hospitality).
It took a while but I did..(kinda, a bottle -opener with instructions:? ...huh?)
I also promised him (a week or two ago) it would be in the mail asap but there was one problem, if I gave him mine I wouldn't have an opener handy if I needed one.
I'm a generation Xer so Yesterdae I decided enough was enough and I went into the shed, rummaged around, found a nut and bolt I wasn't using (they were different sizes for a start).
I drilled a hole in the nut and then hit it with the angle grinder, ground down the bolt on a bench grinder and hammered the to twogether*.
What I got was perfectly satisfactory for what I wanted (it fitted on my key-ring and opens bottles) so I'm happy.
This a.m I went down to the post office and put the promised one in an envelope and posted it off.
I hope he likes it and heeds the warning contained in the note I added.Wink
Cheers Young(ish) man...etc HICK!

Wink

*please pardon my spelling Tony (it to is mine and I kinda don't mined the odd lapse or 3.).

Good stuff, 3.14. I'm sure he'll appreciate it greatly. Smile

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:01 am

Oooooh oooooh oooooh I booked!

Webjet have great prices, and I managed to use my frequent flyer points on the same quantas direct flights, so one of us flys free! Booked LA return, connection to Atlanta direct flight 3.5 hours later, will drive to Noah's ark, then head up to Washington, D.C. Drive to New York a couple of days later via Philadelphia. I bought a three day New York pass, for all the sights at a Valentine's special, 15% off! Then it will be off to Niagara Falls!

I've planned the whole trip, three weeks, just got to put meat on the bones! Will finish with a nice cruise down to Mexico from LA! Junior is coming, eldest and her BF will look after the dogs!

Hubby says we will do the Alaskan cruise/Rocky Mountain train trip next year, so I cut Alaska out! Had witnesses, so that trip is happening too! OMG I'm so exited!

Oh and my jeans fit me again too! Yahoo, go me!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:47 pm

Had a lovely swim in the surf yesterday at Ocean Grove with a friend & my first time on a surf board (not surfing just lying down on the board) great fun. First swim in the beach this year. Lovely.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 650, 651, 652 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 651 of 866   

Jump to: