Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 631, 632, 633 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
3.14159 wrote:
think positive wrote:
3.14159 wrote:
Across 22 in todae's Age cryptic crossword was...

Hides Tony's organisation because it's fraudulent.
(9).

answer:... dishonesty. Laughing

My mum used to love those things, was that a real question? And the answer is right?

The answer is right (my maths not so much ie dishonesty is 10 letters not 9).

"Hides Tony's" is an anagram, the word "organisation" (sometimes they use "mixed-up, scrambled etc) tells me that the letters need re-organising to find a word that means fraudulent.
Dishonesty.

Here's another ....
What the dog did around the tree? (4 letters in the answer)

hint, it's not what you might think. Wink

Bark.

I got shit

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:39 pm

^and that made you happy Jo - easily pleased Wink Laughing
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:49 pm

Hahahaha with a house full of ungrats, lucky that!
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:20 pm

An E-BAY member (that knows how to make a package) made me happy todae.

Last month I bought a large broad-bladed axe from a dealer in Florida and the silly twat didn't package it properly so it cut through the side, came off the head and is probably stihl floating around a Fed-Ex 737 cargo waiting for a chance to sever the planes hydrolics (or what-ever).
Last weekend I bought a very old Kerry broad-axe axe on Ebay.
It had to come through the mail and was leery of trusting anybody to take as much trouble packing thinks the wae I do, but I bought it anywae (after an assurance it would arrive complete).
Yesterdae I got a call from the post office telling me I had a parcel to collect.
The Missus picked it up for me (after I got a lecture about buying axes on line and a debate regarding when I was next due for a "hair-cut") and brought it home.
WOW, not only did he secure it properly, he wrapped it in protective cloth though he did get description wrong, it isn't a Kerry, it's an even rarer S E Gregory!
I told the missus it is worth twice what I thought she let me and the dog come out of the dam and eat our dinner (after I promised to get onto the many handy man jobs she wants done and to stop being a smart-arse every time I get the chance.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:28 pm

Much more to do for sure like making it illegal and actually jailing the scumbags - but this is a damn fine start!!! Cool

Professional Hunters Association of South Africa out votes canned hunting members in AGM. "The PHASA decision to formally distance themselves from the abhorrent and immoral practise of hunting captive bred lion and other wildlife, represents a massive milestone in the campaign against this practise.

This decision follows closely on the announcement by Matthias Kruse that as of next year, Europes leading hunting show, held in Dortmund, will no longer allow the advertising or selling of any form of canned or captive bred hunts.

These announcements are a major blow to the predator breeding industry and the associated unethical hunting operations. SAMPEO (South Africas Most Professional and Ethical Hunters Organisation) must be congratulated for their brave stance on this issue. They were instrumental in driving through the PHASA decision, doing so despite significant intimidation and abuse from the lobby in favour of canned and captive bred hunting.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Valium
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:22 pm

^

Hah. Crown Royale Black beats valium.

Anyway, I bought meself a new TV for the lounge room today. Not a big room so only got a little one, 58". Hisense LED full 4k smart TV, plugged straight into the modem with an ethernet cable, comes with apps preloaded including Netflix.

Old TV moves to the bedroom and the old bedroom TV moves to the sons place.

Only slight problem, I'm gonna need a new sound system. The foxtel is connected to the TV via HDMi and to the sound system by RCA cables and there's just a fraction of a second lag in the sound which is annoying, plus the only audio out on the TV is either HDMI or digital audio using glass fibre, neither of which the old sound system takes. If I want to really use of the network connection I need to be able to connect audio out from the TV to the sound system.

So looks like back to the Good Guys tomorrow.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:14 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Much more to do for sure like making it illegal and actually jailing the scumbags - but this is a damn fine start!!! Cool

Professional Hunters Association of South Africa out votes canned hunting members in AGM. "The PHASA decision to formally distance themselves from the abhorrent and immoral practise of hunting captive bred lion and other wildlife, represents a massive milestone in the campaign against this practise.

This decision follows closely on the announcement by Matthias Kruse that as of next year, Europes leading hunting show, held in Dortmund, will no longer allow the advertising or selling of any form of canned or captive bred hunts.

These announcements are a major blow to the predator breeding industry and the associated unethical hunting operations. SAMPEO (South Africas Most Professional and Ethical Hunters Organisation) must be congratulated for their brave stance on this issue. They were instrumental in driving through the PHASA decision, doing so despite significant intimidation and abuse from the lobby in favour of canned and captive bred hunting.

Wow I missed this news that is awesome and about time too

Stui put the spare Telly in the bathroom!!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:30 pm

Last few weeks I've started getting a bit more fit. Since overseas last year to the land of the rising sun I became lazy & gained weight.

Last few weeks I've been swimming 1km every 2 days. today is the first day I felt some rhythm in my laps. What surprized me was that I was able to do 14 laps for the first two times without too much bother & easily went to 1km. Much less chlorine drinking now as well!

Walking slowly with an overweight friend of mine ( 5 km twice per week) & now cycling to work - still at the sore bum, sore leg stage.

Today went for a swim in the morning, went for a walk & rode to work. Now I'm stuffed!! tomorrow I'm driving as I finish work late tonight & have a 7am start.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:59 pm

Got a MacBook screen in the mail yesterday. $30 plus postage from ebay, second hand. Now need to work out how to pull out my old cracked one and put this one in. What could possibly go wrong? Razz
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:49 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Last few weeks I've started getting a bit more fit. Since overseas last year to the land of the rising sun I became lazy & gained weight.

Last few weeks I've been swimming 1km every 2 days. today is the first day I felt some rhythm in my laps. What surprized me was that I was able to do 14 laps for the first two times without too much bother & easily went to 1km. Much less chlorine drinking now as well!

Walking slowly with an overweight friend of mine ( 5 km twice per week) & now cycling to work - still at the sore bum, sore leg stage.

Today went for a swim in the morning, went for a walk & rode to work. Now I'm stuffed!! tomorrow I'm driving as I finish work late tonight & have a 7am start.

I figured out a while back that the older I get, the harder it is to get fit and the easier it is to lose fitness.

So for now I've given up doing stuff to get fit.

Instead I do stuff that I need/want to do that involves physical activity and get my exercise that way.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:06 am

The short days here can be grim, but the town centres heading towards Christmas are in fine form. Best time of year from a town POV, I reckon.

Mugwump, did you say you're near Oxford?

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:04 am

pietillidie wrote:
The short days here can be grim, but the town centres heading towards Christmas are in fine form. Best time of year from a town POV, I reckon.

Mugwump, did you say you're near Oxford?

Yes, agreed. I love English towns at this time of year. I work near Oxford, and rent a flat just outside of Oxford during the week to be close to work, but I live in South West London and spend weekends here with the family.

Oxford is really pretty at this time of year, especially with a little snow, but London is also wonderful - the brilliant lights in crisp frost, warm pubs, glittering Christmas trees, glassy opulent streets and bustling crowds are all delightful. It's dreary January and February that kill you !

Have an ESB or an 1845 (both by Fullers beers) and enjoy, mate !

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:02 pm

Todae the Laird heard my prayers and I bought myself a new old 4x4.
I wanted a crew cab, or a space cab or a ute but I ended up getting a tray. Confused
I suspect McDog isn't going to like riding on the back (while the Missus is in the front) so I'll have build him a dog box to sit in.
It's not often she's brave enough to get my car so it won't happen often.
If he doesn't like it he can take it up with the Missus!...good luck with that!
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:22 pm

I was happy to see threads other than Muslim & ISIS threads be commented on. I've stopped listening to or reading about it. It's just depressing.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 631, 632, 633 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 632 of 866   

Jump to: