Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 612, 613, 614 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Prototype wrote:
I got paid to do STJFL photos yesterday, went from there to Pontville and did more Glenorchy winning 3 out of the four games they were in. I also got offered to join the Lindisfarne Cricket Club.

Seems those that are seeing my photos of Facebook think they are 'great' was talking to a few Glenorchy Junior Footy Club people yesterday. Some kid from New Norfolk knew of my work as well.

I am also glad Richard got his gear back, not sure how I went with his gear.
awesome well done
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:43 pm

Really happy at how easy I threw off the jet lag getting back into Melbourne. Seems to be far easier coming back than going over.

Today I had fun motoring around the house, finished off the washing from the trip including all the new shirts I bought, painted the ceiling in the old spare bedroom that I'm (slowly) converting into an ensuite and walk in robe and part sanded the floor boards (finish that job in the morning before I take the sander back), going to convert the lower windows into mirrors and experimented with that and ran a steel cable over the drive way to train climbing roses over. 1 more to go and some cross hatching to build a carport out of climbing roses. Smile

Downed tools around 3:30, made a margarita and sat out the front with the margarita and a cigar and enjoyed the view. Life's good.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:48 am

I was complete opposite re jetlag. Breezed through it on the way over, once home woke, wide awake, like, may as well get up & do housework awake, every night at 2.30am for about a week.

Certainly wouldn't have been up to home renovations on my return. Well, not during the day anyway! If you end up with more energy than you can use feel free to work on my garden Smile
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:42 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Tequila has remarkable restorative powers.

I've been awake since 4am Thursday Melbourne time and I was starting to hit the wall. Did a quick bit of shopping at walgreens went back to the room and I was resdy for a sleep. It's 107f outside.

So got my arse up and went for a stroll down the miracle mile shops and got a $10 Marguerite that could peel paint and took it for a walk.

Btw walgreens is a chemist shop. I went in to buy some dederant and came out with a bottle of red and som3 snacks. Chemist warehouse, lift your game.

Anyway, walking round the street with a seriously alcoholic slushy is standard. People are roaking round 2ith cwns and stubbies of beer or slushies and not a cop in sight, im going to sleep well when I eventually go to bed.

How was the trip, Stui? It sounded like you were having a pretty good time!

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:54 pm

I splashed out 2 months ago on the full "Guru" level Spark chess program and got constantly whipped.
My games had been getting longer (but no sign of a win on the horizon) till this A.M when I managed to whistle up this attack and win!

1. d2-d4 e7-e6
2. e2-e3 Bf8-d6
3. Nb1-c3 Ng8-f6
4. h2-h3 O-O
5. Bc1-d2 Bd6-e7
6. Bf1-d3 d7-d5
7. f2-f4 Nb8-c6
8. a2-a3 Bc8-d7
9. Qd1-f3 Be7-d6
10. O-O-O a7-a6
11. g2-g4 h7-h6
12. h3-h4 g7-g6
13. g4-g5 h6xg5
14. h4xg5 Nf6-e8
15. Qf3-h3 e6-e5
16. Qh3-h7

I started with a few opening up my pieces moves and waited to see which side the Guru castled on (the Kings).
I wanted to attack straight away but restrained myself and put a couple of pieces in better positions and to pressure the black pieces that were in my wae.
I followed that with a queens castle and launched my assault straight at the black king's defences.
I used my pawns to push back my opponents minor pieces (like a gate swinging open) and forced them to the skinny side of the board and powered down the G and H files with my rooks supporting my Queen and bingo, I won!
I played 2 more games but the Guru slammed the door shut on me on both occasions but now I know I have some hope of beating the Guru on regular basis!
Happy daes! Very Happy

http://www.sparkchess.com/
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:24 pm

Oldest daughter has been offered the state regional manager job in NSW that she is taking up. The national women's retail company is assisting her by putting her up for 4 weeks till she finds accomm & she gets relocation costs etc.

Youngest daughter finished her degree a few weeks back & has a job with the court system working alongside others who are either lawyers or studying law - that she's hopefully going to do. Got her first pay-slip last week. Now she pays HECS! She first glanced at the gross amount & for a nano second thought wow!!

Mrs WPT is likely to finish her work with an area mental health service & now go full-time with her partner in the business.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:25 pm

Try asking the Milk Mystic.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:50 pm

luvdids wrote:
I was complete opposite re jetlag. Breezed through it on the way over, once home woke, wide awake, like, may as well get up & do housework awake, every night at 2.30am for about a week.

Certainly wouldn't have been up to home renovations on my return. Well, not during the day anyway! If you end up with more energy than you can use feel free to work on my garden Smile

Yeah nah. We obviously had some rain while I was away, the weeds and wandering dew are taking over the back garden so I've got enough work to do in my own thanks. Sad

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:52 pm

What happened to some rain while he or she was away the weeds and wandering dew ?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:49 am

stui magpie wrote:
luvdids wrote:

Yeah nah. We obviously had some rain while I was away, the weeds and wandering dew are taking over the back garden so I've got enough work to do in my own thanks. Sad

Noice.

We call it wandering anti-semite where I come from.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:25 am

3.14159 wrote:
I splashed out 2 months ago on the full "Guru" level Spark chess program and got constantly whipped.
My games had been getting longer (but no sign of a win on the horizon) till this A.M when I managed to whistle up this attack and win!

1. d2-d4 e7-e6
2. e2-e3 Bf8-d6
3. Nb1-c3 Ng8-f6
4. h2-h3 O-O
5. Bc1-d2 Bd6-e7
6. Bf1-d3 d7-d5
7. f2-f4 Nb8-c6
8. a2-a3 Bc8-d7
9. Qd1-f3 Be7-d6
10. O-O-O a7-a6
11. g2-g4 h7-h6
12. h3-h4 g7-g6
13. g4-g5 h6xg5
14. h4xg5 Nf6-e8
15. Qf3-h3 e6-e5
16. Qh3-h7

I started with a few opening up my pieces moves and waited to see which side the Guru castled on (the Kings).
I wanted to attack straight away but restrained myself and put a couple of pieces in better positions and to pressure the black pieces that were in my wae.
I followed that with a queens castle and launched my assault straight at the black king's defences.
I used my pawns to push back my opponents minor pieces (like a gate swinging open) and forced them to the skinny side of the board and powered down the G and H files with my rooks supporting my Queen and bingo, I won!
I played 2 more games but the Guru slammed the door shut on me on both occasions but now I know I have some hope of beating the Guru on regular basis!
Happy daes! Very Happy

http://www.sparkchess.com/

Well played sir!

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:47 pm

Thanks Jo.
I find playing chess a bit like meditating (except it's the exact opposite).
When I'm down or confused it takes me out of myself and helps me deal with the issues life seems to plague me with.
The better I think, the better I play so I get absurdly happy when I play a good game against a good opponent.
~~~
Had some very good news todae!
Next month there is a Tv production being shot in town.
I've been talking with the head of production about using the shop in a couple of the scenes.
They came up on tuesdae, measured the door widths the light levels (and a bunch of other stuff) got the go-ahead and they start filming in early October.
I'd asked if I could get a role as an extra or least a gig lumping their gear around!
I had a word todae and it looks like I might be doing better than that getting a speaking part!
If I get the role I'll be in the shop saying "quick out the back" and/or "nar mate, they took off that way"...or some such!
I speak to casting in a couple of weeks and fingers crossed,... Cool
I'll tell more when there's more to tell!

Last edited by 3.14159 on Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:58 pm

^

Good stuff. Hope you joined the actors union. Razz Wink

For me, it's Friday and the weekend has started. Very Happy

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:23 pm

3.14159 wrote:
Thanks Jo.
When I'm down or confused it takes me out of myself and helps me deal with the issues life seems to plague me with.
The better I think, the better I play so I get absurdly happy when I play a good game against a good opponent.
~~~
I've been talking with the head of production about using the shop in a couple of the scenes.
They came up on tuesdae, measured the door widths the light levels (and a bunch of other stuff) got the go-ahead and they start filming in early October.
I'd asked if I could get a role as an extra or least a gig lumping their gear around!
I had a word todae and it looks like I might be doing better than that getting a speaking part!
If I get the role I'll be in the shop saying "quick out the back" and/or "nar mate, they took off that way"...or some such!

Gr8 stuff 3.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:24 pm

3.14159 wrote:
Thanks Jo.
~~~

I loved the books in that series. Got them for my kids but got sucked into reading them first!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 612, 613, 614 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 613 of 866   

Jump to: