Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 599, 600, 601 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
My son is going to be a father. They made the announcement today.

I'm going to be an official Grandfather. Apparently I have to use my father as the grandfather role model and not my grandfather. Meh, bit of both will work.

So many things wrong with this situation, but there's also a lot of right.

This is his life, my gig is to be there and provide the support. He's repaid my investment in getting him and his missus a place to live and forking out for the bond and first months rent by getting motivated and getting work.

All will be good from here, I decree it so.

(thanks to TP for not inadvertently spilling the beans.)

You sound like a really good dad - hope it all works out - I think he and the impending rugrat are pretty lucky to have you around!

Right that's enough now - I'm obviously still jet lagged - not my natural instinct to be nice or complimentary to humans Wink Razz

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:06 pm

stui magpie wrote:
My son is going to be a father. They made the announcement today.

I'm going to be an official Grandfather. Apparently I have to use my father as the grandfather role model and not my grandfather. Meh, bit of both will work.

So many things wrong with this situation, but there's also a lot of right.

This is his life, my gig is to be there and provide the support. He's repaid my investment in getting him and his missus a place to live and forking out for the bond and first months rent by getting motivated and getting work.

All will be good from here, I decree it so.

(thanks to TP for not inadvertently spilling the beans.)

Hehe wouldn't have lasted much longer!!!

Big congrats (again), you will be awesome xxx

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:08 pm

HAL wrote:
Does a of you lovely young ladies want a date with Old Uncle Swoop all you have to do?

One is jail bait, the other, well judging by her face book page, she will leave scars!!!

Really great bunch of kids love em too death

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:17 pm

ronrat wrote:
Dangles wrote:
Seeing Johnny Depp on the news visiting kids in a cancer ward in character as Captain Jack Sparrow. I actually caught myself smiling.

Where I live in Thailand they have just launched a pirate ship for 150 guests plus crew. On the maiden voyage last Sunday they took 120 kids from the local special needs school plus about 20 carers and a few media whores/wannabe celebrities over to an island for the day. A bloke at the local pub was asked to do the photography for a news article and he came back with tears in his eyes.

I'm normally fairly cynical about celebrity PR stuff but it's hard not to be moved when you see how much the kids enjoyed it.

Here's a link: http://www.9news.com.au/entertainment/2015/07/07/19/22/johnny-depp-visits-sick-queensland-kids-in-full-jack-sparrow-garb
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:52 pm

It's my mum's 79th birthday tomorrow - and there she is still really well and enthralled with the lovely animal scarve I bought her whilst in Africa Cool

Almost 2 years since they gave her 6 weeks to live - I'm so glad she is still with us - she is an amazing woman and I love her to bits!!!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:50 pm

Congrats Stui and great to hear Morrigu!
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:34 am

Congratulations Stui, that's wonderful news. Smile
partypie 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:16 am

Morrigu wrote:
It's my mum's 79th birthday tomorrow - and there she is still really well and enthralled with the lovely animal scarve I bought her whilst in Africa Cool

Almost 2 years since they gave her 6 weeks to live - I'm so glad she is still with us - she is an amazing woman and I love her to bits!!!

Best wishes to you and your mum, her strength must be inspiring
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:05 am

Morrigu wrote:

And a very Happy Birthday to Mrs Morrigu, may she have many more,

May She live as long as She wants,

And never want, as long as She lives.

Cheers, honey, just so happy She proved em wrong xxxx

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:12 pm

^ I love that saying Jo - thank you Very Happy

My little bro just called in after being at mums - seems love is in the air and he is hoping to propose on their holiday to septic land later this year ( nice kid no taste in travel destinations but.... Razz )

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:52 pm

Morrigu wrote:
^ I love that saying Jo - thank you Very Happy

My little bro just called in after being at mums - seems love is in the air and he is hoping to propose on their holiday to septic land later this year ( nice kid no taste in travel destinations but.... Razz )

Hey awesome, that's great news

So is the engagement Razz

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:34 pm

I received my uni results last night and passed everything which was a relief.

Looking forward to the new term of uni now!

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:20 pm

Grandpa Stui has a nice ring to it! Smile
Not far off 79 yourself then aye. Wink Laughing

Well done Jezza!

Hahahahahaha Swoop!!! Laughing Laughing

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:26 pm

Jezza wrote:
I received my uni results last night and passed everything which was a relief.

Looking forward to the new term of uni now!

Well done you - that's great news!! Cool

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:47 pm

Not today but last Mon day/Tuesday I spent 2 of the most pleasant days I've had in a long time!

I was notified last minute that the 3 volunteers at the shed had backed out of the local kids school holiday activity that theyhad organised.
I was told it shouldn't take long an hour or 2 at the most.
I arrived at 1 p.m to find that I had to build (IKEA style, but with no allen keys...or nails) 30 wooden swords and 30 matching wooden shields for the kids to do battle with the following day! Yikes!!!
Each sword had to be individually cut and tapered just like a real one, with guard grip and pommel, the shields to be cut from ply or masonite hand grips fitted and under coated.
Not having any materials (they forgot to order them) I set off home and came back with some pine slats and custom board and a dozen cans of assorted spray cans.
Lucky for me I phoned a friend and 1 of the kids fathers dropped in and we set to it trying to find a way of mass producing the required items.
We worked till 5p.m cutting and planing the swords but called it quits, went home for dinner and came back at 7 and finished off most of the work around 10.p.m (we dropped the no nails bit).
Got back at 9.30 tuesday, finished off repairing some early design flaws while a few of the mothers dropped by setting up the painting tables and preparing the lunches etc.
Before I knew it I was up to my eyeballs in kids all wanting help assembling, painting and other wise decorating their weapons.
I don't remember much of the battle except that a 1 stage it got very quiet the kids disappeared. I strolled around the back the shed and heard the shout "Right no more teams it's a free for all CHARGE!!!
I did and I put a good hearted stop to it and suggested they should continue fighting the battle on the hill (where we could see them)!
The farmer that had help the day before came over and invited to come fishing and share a beer any time I liked, (his property backs onto Birch's creek at a beautiful spot other anglers have no access too! RIPPER!)
I talked to a few young mothers I'd seen around town but never had cause to talk to,(I do now, ripper! Cool
I asked if any of the kids had sustained any injuries? (they were under strict orders to play nice).
"One kid had complained that he had been stabbed in the back by his best friend!"
This is a small town so that kind of thing is fairly commonplace.
(The feud ended 10 minutes later when they ran each other through and collapsed in a laughing heap!)
Anyways, before I knew it I was packing away the stuff that scattered around the shed and surrounds and generally winding down.
It would have been nice to have been given some warning (not to mention materials) but at the end of the day I was drop dead tired and very very content!
I'd had a wonderful couple of days!
Here's some pix and no that's not me!

Last edited by 3.14159 on Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 599, 600, 601 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 600 of 866   

Jump to: