Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 587, 588, 589 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Bush? Las Vegas?

That'll be the day. Shocked

there is some nice looking bushes around the pirateship, and i highly recommend the tumble weeds out near the grand canyon,

hard choice south or west? west has the skywalk. when we went west 22 $£$%^%%$ years ago, it was amazing, the indians took us to the lookout in a dirty harry school bus, with broken windows, and cooked us lunch in the ground. went in 2012, and the skywalk was pretty awesome, but

in 2010 we did the south rim, and you get more of a natural setting. you also get to stop at route 66 on that trip, and it was a really cool spot!!

we drove last time to the grand canyon. really, dont miss it. im not a sight seeing person at all,but i could just sit all day andlook at it, its just o humongous, andamazing.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:04 am

pietillidie wrote:
Sounds magnificent, Morrigu.

Keep those windows wound up!

It is magnificent!

You speak of the incident in Joburg yes?

This is what happens when humans breed Cubs for " petting" - the lions associate humans with food and lose their fear and then they are sold off for canned hunting - this incident happened in one of those disgusting horrible places we would not be seen within cooee of Evil or Very Mad

In the wild such as in Etosha they have no interest in us sitting in our cars - they crossed the road about a metre in front of us and didn't not even give us a sideways glance you just need to respect them and not encroach on their space or challenge them.

And follow the rules - they are there for a reason!

Missing the cold of Melb - yeah NAY WPT Very Happy

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:38 pm

stui magpie wrote:

benefits of singledom. I only decided today, rang the boss and said was it OK if i took off in this rough period, got a yes, got online, coupla hours later all booked paid for and (aisle) seats allocated.

Cool Very Happy

Lucky so & so, half your luck. You'll love it. Free booze on the tables & pokies, what's not to love Wink

I was there in July couple years ago and it was hot, damn hot. Be sure to keep facebook updated.
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:37 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Sounds great Morrigu.

I just booked myself a holiday to Las Vegas for August. Similar weather, different kind of wildlife Razz Cool

Hate u

I'm still nagging

benefits of singledom. I only decided today, rang the boss and said was it OK if i took off in this rough period, got a yes, got online, coupla hours later all booked paid for and (aisle) seats allocated.

Cool Very Happy

My divorce has just come through and I may have been expecting an invite...

Sadly not to be.... Enjoy Stui, I'll be here holding the fort... alone...lonely...
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:34 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Sounds great Morrigu.

I just booked myself a holiday to Las Vegas for August. Similar weather, different kind of wildlife Razz Cool

we may never see you again. in case we don't, can i have your car?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:23 pm

John Wren wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Sounds great Morrigu.

we may never see you again. in case we don't, can i have your car?

LOL, I think my son would be all over that like a cheap suit. Confused You can have my signed smother of the millennium framed pic. Razz

luvdids wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Cool Very Happy

Lucky so & so, half your luck. You'll love it. Free booze on the tables & pokies, what's not to love Wink

I was there in July couple years ago and it was hot, damn hot. Be sure to keep facebook updated.

I'll def keep Facebook updated, I'm staying right in the middle of the strip so I'm sure I'll get plenty of photos to put up. Wink

5150, I'm sure you'll survive without me for a while. Just pop by the "farm" and lob some kibble in the basement for me will ya Cool

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:57 pm

Bought myself a kobo ereader today.

Had a look at the Kindle, the kindle fire is more like a tablet and I already have one of them, the basic ereader was nice, but Amazon is too much like Apple for my liking, too closed in their eco system. So I went the Kobo.

got the Aura HRO from JB Hifi. 6.8 inch screen, 3 gig of memory and a micro SD card slot so you can expand it easy.

Got it home, set it up, bought a few books from the Kobo website and also plugged it into the PC and drag and dropped some books I'd downloaded straight into it.

Nice and light, easy to use, waterproof (within reasonable limits) and easy to read apparently even outside in the sun. Perfect to cart on holidays and use laying round the pool having a drink. Very Happy

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:57 pm

Kobo seems to have a good rep. Never tried one myself, I prefer actual paper, but I have customers who use Kobo and it causes no trouble. Any product customers don't ask me to fix is a product I recommend.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:12 pm

Paper is good, but takes up too much space in luggage and I need glasses to read them. This thing can hold thousands of books, takes up bugger all space and I can adjust the font size so it's easily readable with no specs.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:47 am

stui magpie wrote:
Sounds great Morrigu.

That sounds horrific Stui Laughing BUT sounds like you will enjoy it as much as we are enjoying Namibia!

We are up in the north western region now`- the lodge we are at is set in the mountains so we are almost in a tree house - its fantastic!

Thinking about a dip in the pool its 3.30pm and a beautiful sunny 31 degrees - as soon as we finish our beer of course.

Tomorrow we are off to track the desert elephants - life couldn't get any better Cool

We should have travel thread!!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:48 am

Morrigu wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Sounds great Morrigu.

That sounds horrific Stui Laughing BUT sounds like you will enjoy it as much as we are enjoying Namibia!

We are up in the north western region now`- the lodge we are at is set in the mountains so we are almost in a tree house - its fantastic!

Thinking about a dip in the pool its 3.30pm and a beautiful sunny 31 degrees - as soon as we finish our beer of course.

Tomorrow we are off to track the desert elephants - life couldn't get any better Cool

We should have travel thread!!

Great stuff Morrigu.

What type of shotguns are you using?

To get the poachers I mean Wink

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:57 am

Shotguns? For elephants? What a terrible thing to suggest. As Morrigu knows, these are very beautiful animals, and the largest creatures to walk the earth. You need at least a three inch mortar or a suitable anti-tank missile to do any good with elephants. Give that friendly Mr Putin a call, he's sure to have a spare one you can borrow.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:23 pm

Tannin wrote:
Shotguns? For elephants? What a terrible thing to suggest. As Morrigu knows, these are very beautiful animals, and the largest creatures to walk the earth. You need at least a three inch mortar or a suitable anti-tank missile to do any good with elephants. Give that friendly Mr Putin a call, he's sure to have a spare one you can borrow.

Have you not met Bertha?

Her arse is so big it has gravitational pull.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:24 pm

Stayed at a friends in the hills behind Healesville last night, and got to pat/ feed a wombat with a Bub in its pouch at the back door! Awesome experience. Her other half is a balloon plot, he's off to Kenya soon for 7 weeks work. Sounds heavenly, might have to investigate! (Not the balloon, too high!)
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:04 pm

think positive wrote:
David wrote:
Bush? Las Vegas?

That'll be the day. Shocked

in 2010 we did the south rim, and you get more of a natural setting. you also get to stop at route 66 on that trip, and it was a really cool spot!!

Yeah, not much bush to be found on the south rim theses days, not since the Brazilians invaded.

And Stui, do act your age, don't go trying to root 66 year olds as appears to be the done thing over there for some reason.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 587, 588, 589 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 588 of 866   

Jump to: