Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 560, 561, 562 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:05 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
Watched Serena williams instead, man she's so powerful, and to come back time and again in all these years, 16 years since she won her first grand slam, now equal with Navratilova! 3 to catch Stefi and 4 for best ever!

I watched both the Women's final and the Asian Cup throughout Saturday night.

Serena is definitely up there with the best but I was more happy to see Sharapova lose as her screaming is unbearable for any decent person out there.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:22 am

My UK passport arrived today. Today the EU, next the world!

Does that mean I can officially unleash my ire on British politicians? Twisted Evil Smile

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:09 pm

Morrigu wrote:
KenH wrote:
The Socceroos made me happy!

Me too Ken - gutsy effort that - I nearly cried when they equalised with 90 seconds to go!

Huge job well done Ange - there you go an Aussie in charge of the Aussie team does good - stick your imports where the sun doesn't shine - can we do it - yes we can!

Oh hang that's sounds like a septic - ah well fck that - go Aussies!!!!!

I'd cry too if someone made me watch it

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:09 pm

pietillidie wrote:

Does that mean I can officially unleash my ire on British politicians? Twisted Evil Smile

Huh, u no how much flack I get for my British passport???

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:10 pm

Jim beam

No headache tablet is working, thank the lord for jim beam

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:15 pm

I booked my flights for April, to and from Melbourne my girlfriend is going to pay for me to come up later this month to go to a mutual friends engagement party. I cannot wait I get three days with her before I flight to Queensland later in March.

It's going to be a crazy year, but crazy good. Smile

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:20 pm

You ever have a dream that feels so real you can touch it? And you wake up in the morning, and it's still there, and then suddenly, you realise, bugger, it was just a dream.

Every now and then I dream my pony, Clyde, is still alive. He's in a beautiful paddock, and I suddenly find him. I brush him and feed him, and put him in his stable for the night.

I don't think I can ever express what he meant to me, he was my best friend, he was the first thing in life to make me realise I had worth. He didn't make it easy, he was a will full little bugger, stolen from the knackerry, almost turned into dog meat. Together we won the state bending championship. Two mongrels, we took on what ever was put in front of us. He comes to me every now and then, just to let me know, that hey, I still got your back! My guardian angel.

Yes toto, we ain't in Kansas anymore!

Peace be with you all, wherever you find it . Cheers

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:07 am

think positive wrote:
pietillidie wrote:

Huh, u no how much flack I get for my British passport???

Yes, but everyone knows your passport reflects a secret affection for Prince Charles! And at least I actually live here!

One thing I can confirm is that politicians in Australia, South Korea and the UK stink equally! Meanwhile, Aussie weather, beaches, fresh produce and seafood kick arse; Korean restaurants, Internet, public transport and nightlife rock; and UK architecture, historical sites, shopping and beer are unbeatable.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:31 am

pietillidie wrote:

One thing I can confirm is that politicians in Australia, South Korea and the UK stink equally! Meanwhile, Aussie weather, beaches, fresh produce and seafood kick arse; Korean restaurants, Internet, public transport and nightlife rock; and UK architecture, historical sites, shopping and beer are unbeatable.

^ outbreak of 100% agreement on that !

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:33 am

pietillidie wrote:

Oh NOOOOOO !!! Wink

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:34 pm

Young couple live across the road. I don't see em much I tend to keep to myself but I say G'Day when I'm out the front.

Anyway, I have a car battery charger I bought a few years ago when I had an old car and not a lot of coin. It's been useful for others as well, the couple across the road borrowed it last year but it didn't work well for them.

Anyway, on the weekend, the female half of the duo comes over Sunday morning ask if they could borrow the charger. I said yeah, but warned her that last time they said it didn't work as did the daughters BF when he tried it a couple of months ago. So I told her to take it and if it didn't work, turf it in the bin.

So I get back from the chemist and she's in the front yard returning the charger, with a note saying "It worked, thank you" and a packet of tim tams taped to the top of the box.

Awww.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:29 pm

Introducing a new furry friend to the family. Max the rat, currently 9 weeks old joined us yesterday. After a night living in a cat carrier, I picked up his new home today and he's currently sitting in his igloo eating strawberries. The cat after initial poking and getting scolded now doesn't want to know him. The second cat has yet to meet him.

Guess I'll have to get him a friend to talk to soon.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:08 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Young couple live across the road. I don't see em much I tend to keep to myself but I say G'Day when I'm out the front.

Anyway, I have a car battery charger I bought a few years ago when I had an old car and not a lot of coin. It's been useful for others as well, the couple across the road borrowed it last year but it didn't work well for them.

Anyway, on the weekend, the female half of the duo comes over Sunday morning ask if they could borrow the charger. I said yeah, but warned her that last time they said it didn't work as did the daughters BF when he tried it a couple of months ago. So I told her to take it and if it didn't work, turf it in the bin.

So I get back from the chemist and she's in the front yard returning the charger, with a note saying "It worked, thank you" and a packet of tim tams taped to the top of the box.

Awww.

Man I was so hoping for much more after seeing your to be continued in the other thread.

Next time a bit of afternoon delight on the front lawn is what this reader is after.

She can stick the Tim Tams up her whim wham. Shocked Razz Laughing

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:11 pm

Oops. Too much data.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:21 pm

swoop42 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Awww.

Man I was so hoping for much more after seeing your to be continued in the other thread.

Next time a bit of afternoon delight on the front lawn is what this reader is after.

She can stick the Tim Tams up her whim wham. Shocked Razz Laughing

Hah, I gravelled over the front lawn years ago, got sick of trying to get the motley collection of weeds masquerading as a lawn to live through summer with little water.

I'll pass on doing any horizontal gymnastics on the lilydale topping thanks. Confused

Anyway, today just been doing stuff.

Got the car washed, waxed, vacuumed and cleaned down inside this morning by the Greensborough Indians while I went for breakfast and had a hair cut. Then come home and do some pottering on the front verandah, ripping off some timber where the old verandah used to attach, cleaning up and painting the fascia and the top two weatherboards which used to be above the verandah roof.

Got some pieces of pool fence to put across the front, decided today at the last minute that it's too high, I don't like it at 1200mm so I'm going to cut it back to 900mm high which will mean a different way of securing the bottom is required but I've figured out how to do that so all good.

Just had beer no 1 along with a Jameson and Stones on Ice. Might go for a shower and get some more stones.

Last edited by stui magpie on Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 560, 561, 562 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 561 of 866   

Jump to: